Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mat Evans memorial run, Wales 9th July (Mat the tea boy from Bishops Castle 1)

+3
ellie
Radar
robertcains
7 posters

Go down

Mat Evans memorial run, Wales 9th July (Mat the tea boy from Bishops Castle 1) Empty Mat Evans memorial run, Wales 9th July (Mat the tea boy from Bishops Castle 1)

Post  robertcains Sun Apr 10 2011, 22:28

In Memory of a great guy & fellow biker Mat Evans who many of you will remember from BC1 where he very kindly masterminded the tea & cakes for me at Clywedog Dam.
Mat, A fireman and father of a young daughter sadly lost his life doing what he loved best aged 29 at last years TT whilst on his Fireblade.

As a fitting tribute a sponsored rideout of approx 140 miles in total will leave from Plough Garage Pontesbury (which is owned by his father & Uncles & where I worked alongside Mat for many years) to Aberystwyth for lunch on the seafront & back on 9th July which would have been his birthday.
Ellie & myself will attending & if anyone wishes to join us or donate that would be fantastic, All proceeds will go to the Firefighters charity (Mat was a full time member of Green watch at Shrewsbury) & cancer research.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Mat Evans memorial run, Wales 9th July (Mat the tea boy from Bishops Castle 1) Empty Re: Mat Evans memorial run, Wales 9th July (Mat the tea boy from Bishops Castle 1)

Post  Radar Tue Apr 12 2011, 19:07

I remember Mat on that day very fondly, that is one of my favourite pics from the run. He seemed a great lad. I was saddened when I heard about his accident.

I can't make the ride out, but I hope it well suppported and I will donate to the charity

Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Mat Evans memorial run, Wales 9th July (Mat the tea boy from Bishops Castle 1) Empty Re: Mat Evans memorial run, Wales 9th July (Mat the tea boy from Bishops Castle 1)

Post  ellie Wed Jul 06 2011, 21:36

This Saturday if anyone fancies riding a similar route to BC.

Weather dependant we shall be there.

Ellen
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:36

Hope the weather stays nice for you all, you get a good turn out and a safe ride.

It is a very nice picture of 'the tea boy' Mat who I never got the privilege of meeting. It was also a very kind thing for him to do for our ride-out.
In that picture he is the spitting image of my cousin - whom I bought my Thundercat from. I can remember wondering what my cousin was doing serving tea to you lot when i first saw the pictures of BC1.

Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Thu Jul 07 2011, 00:33

Hope you have a nice day and a decent turn-out.

Unfortunately I wasn't on the BC1 run. It was kind of him to take time to provide refreshments. I hope the ride-out is full of happy memories and stories about Mat.

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Thu Jul 07 2011, 19:23

Anyone else fancy this? the weather forecast isn't looking too bad at all now.
Hopefully there will be a good turn out but it's looking slightly under supported at the mo, lets hope the fair weather riding locals will see some sun in the sky, If not Ellie is gonna have to get her Welsh rideout umbrella open again Cool
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Jul 07 2011, 20:15

Weathers improving.....
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Jul 11 2011, 07:35

Quick review of the rideout on Saturday, Cracking weather, Cracking turnout and Cracking roads.........

First to arrive for Bacon Butties..

Some Old Bikes..... (For Radar cos I know he likes bikes with the gear lever on the wrong side LOL)

YPVS

LC

Not sure what this is.... Well ok its a Voxen (French)

But I know exactly what this is....

Penelope Pitstop.....

I hope not.....

In the Fire Engine was Mats firemans helmet and another firemans helmet donated & signed by all this years TT riders including Caparossi who was spectating, the ride was also lead for a couple of miles by the fire engine with Blues....

Aberystwyth...

Last stop at the Nant yr Arian Red Kite Sanctuary...(BC 2 teastop)

Great day out for all and raised over £1000 for Cancer Research & Firefighters Benevolent Fund (Mat was a Fireman at Shrewsbury)
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:28

Glad you had a good day in Mat's honour and raised a few quid too. Can I still donate

Loved the LC and the YPVS btw, have owned both in days gone by
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Jul 11 2011, 22:25

Looks like you had a great day for it. A write up of Radar proportions too......excellent!
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Jul 12 2011, 19:40

sorry i could not make it but holiday cover means no free weekends for the next 6 weeks
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed Jul 13 2011, 18:49

Over the mountain near Bala (near to where Rosco took his video on BC3 but in the opposite direction) I'm ninth in line & Ellie is fourteenth, please excuse number three on his Burgman who we all got stuck behind, he was one rapid pensioner Embarassed pmsl

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Su Evans Wed Jul 20 2011, 20:21

The donations to date have been tallied up and the Ride Out in Memory of Mat has now reached £2,400.00. Always open to more donations*. It was a brilliant day and everything went like clockwork. That was down two brilliant organisers - close friend, Mat Lewis, (who was with my Mat in Isle of Man at the TT) and Sally Barnett (Firefighter/Fire Control). Well done to all and a big thank you to all who supported this event. I have not seen the photo of Mat with kettle before and whoever took the photo caught him just right. Best wishes to all - Su Evans (Mat's mum).
* If you wish please send cheque to Su Evans, Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service, Brigade HQ, St Michael's St, Shrewsbury, SY1 2HJ made payable to either Fire Fighters Charity or Cancer Research UK.
Su Evans
Su Evans

Female Status :

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed Jul 20 2011, 20:53

Thanks for that Su & its lovely that you found us on here, what a lovely surprise to see your name pop up, you might be slightly confused by my username but will know me better as Nick who worked with Mat for many years at the Plough.
We are all so pleased the day was a major success, Ellie & I really enjoyed it & the donations have been amazing.
The photo was taken by Tony (Radar) two years ago at Clewyddog dam where Mat did the tea stop for my Bishops Castle meet rideout.

Mat was a top guy & hopefully this ride will turn into an annual event & I have ridden some of those roads with Mat on many occasions.
Take care Nick
p.s there are a couple more pics of Mat at that very spot on Dan Simmonds Facebook from the recce of the rideout when Mat joined me a couple of times.
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Jul 20 2011, 21:29

It was a really great day Su I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was a pleasure to have known Mat.

Take care

Ellie xx
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Fri Jul 22 2011, 21:02

Su Evans wrote:The donations to date have been tallied up and the Ride Out in Memory of Mat has now reached £2,400.00. Always open to more donations*. It was a brilliant day and everything went like clockwork. That was down two brilliant organisers - close friend, Mat Lewis, (who was with my Mat in Isle of Man at the TT) and Sally Barnett (Firefighter/Fire Control). Well done to all and a big thank you to all who supported this event. I have not seen the photo of Mat with kettle before and whoever took the photo caught him just right. Best wishes to all - Su Evans (Mat's mum).
* If you wish please send cheque to Su Evans, Shropshire Fire & Rescue Service, Brigade HQ, St Michael's St, Shrewsbury, SY1 2HJ made payable to either Fire Fighters Charity or Cancer Research UK.

I took that photo Su, and I am touched by your comments. Glad that the event in his memory was so well supported and I will pop a cheque in the post
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down