Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heads up north yorks

4 posters

Go down

heads up north yorks Empty heads up north yorks

Post  Guest Sat May 14 2011, 12:07

I've just got this off another forum - don't know if its gen or not but just in case it may of use to any of you up there - if they're adopting a zero tolerance they'll probably go ott on dark visors and stuff i know someone who fell foul like that when he didn't have a spare with him (obviously he didn't wait until they'd left and then carry on riding pmsl )

Here are a couple of quotes (apologies if you have already seen it / are aware of this info) :

"North Yorkshire roads and Croft BSB - RIDERS BEWARE - Over the next 4 weeks North Yorkshire Police are filiming for the Emergency Bikers programe on sky tv"

"The plan is to have all the counties motorcycle patrols both marked and un marked in key areas on key days . This is normal to us all up here, but the added sting is the fact that cameras are present and a zero tolerance atittitude will be adopted to "put across the correct message" . There are also a few officers who see this as a moment of glory and are busy planning there target areas . Be very aware of FLAKEY a Tadcaster based officer on a silver CBR unmarked . Sherburn , Helmsley , Croft and Hawes are all target areas"

"this info comes form a serving traffic officer , ( friend ) who knows i run termi's on the bike."

"I've also been told that around the Helmsley area the bobbies have a new unmarked bike, BMW S1000RR in Motorrad colours and on an 11 plate and I guess it is likely that they will want to show off their new toy".

Just thought I would add some more comments from the original thread ........

"there were two unmarked BMW 800 trail bikes in squires the other night,i thought they were wanabee coppers because of the helmets but they were the real thing,helmet cams and boxes on the rear rack full of recording gear.

they would be impossible to spot as police if they were behind you, i couldnt see any markings on the bikes at all."

"I saw the beemer, last week, very smart it is too. Just one very small police decal, which is easily seen when you are 3 feet away.!!

They have also started hiding in ditches below road level on the A64. It can be quite tricky spotting them.

I saw lots of unmarked Volvos during the last bank holidays"

"Definitely noticed a ramping up of police in the Dales over the past two or three weeks.

And a definite change of locations. In teh hedge on the way into Horton from settle, only a 1/2 mile from Horton....... At the very bottom of the hill near the famrs on the drop to the cut forrest
Saw 4 traffic cars including one unmarked, within ten miles between ribblehead and setttle the other week too"

like i say may or may not be gen

suzie
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

heads up north yorks Empty Re: heads up north yorks

Post  firemaster Sat May 14 2011, 18:48

thats it i aint goin no where near yorkshire taz
firemaster
firemaster
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 305
Hobbies : I.T/Retained FireFighter
Humour : Dont make i laff
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sat May 14 2011, 21:10

I went to devils bridge a couple of weeks ago & there were 5 police cars parked up, a couple with speed cameras the last 5 miles or so into kirkby lonsdale village.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 16 2011, 11:13

Interesting pieces of info. Even though I'm generally a steady rider, I have my moments and with Sherburn and Tadcaster being pretty much on my doorstep, I really appreciate this. Thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  JAM Mon May 16 2011, 13:52

You pays your money you takes your chance.

Best time to go riding up in the dales is mid-week during the evening.
JAM
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Mon May 16 2011, 14:03

Or very early in the morning as I do. Never ever seen plod before 10.00am
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 19 2011, 08:08

terry lees wrote:Or very early in the morning as I do. Never ever seen plod before 10.00am

unless they have a tv camera crew behind them shit happens
Anonymous

Back to top Go down