Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halfords Trade card - What kind of discount

5 posters

Go down

Halfords Trade card - What kind of discount Empty Halfords Trade card - What kind of discount

Post  stretchie_ Tue Jul 19 2011, 11:44

I have aquired a Halfords trade card Very Happy

I could have done with it three months ago I've serviced 5 bikes, a car and a Land Rover, that's a lot of oil, filters and sparkies wall

What kind of discount do you get on sparkies, filters and oil, Haynes manuals... and more importantly TOOLS Very Happy

Got my eye on a welding apron, gloves and automatic mask
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Halfords Trade card - What kind of discount Empty Re: Halfords Trade card - What kind of discount

Post  kwakkat Tue Jul 19 2011, 11:48

oh i say & which party,s do you attend mmmm
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Halfords Trade card - What kind of discount Empty Re: Halfords Trade card - What kind of discount

Post  Jtpt2007 Tue Jul 19 2011, 12:42

Tools and Haynes 20%. Plugs, filters, batteries, wipers and oil anything from 10 to 70% off. Bigger Halfords stock bike stuff and most will get you what you need if they haven't got it in stock.
Jtpt2007
Jtpt2007
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Tue Jul 19 2011, 13:55

Cheers guys, I've been buying my oil, filters and normal CR9E sparkies from Halfords for the cars and bikes but the iridium sparkies for the Blade and the BlackBird I get from e-bay. Will be nicer to get them cheaper, got a mate who wants oil and filter change in a week or two so will update this thread with how much it cost me him(I'm going to invoice the bugger Very Happy )

Should hopefully be alot cheaper, any one bought 5 litres of oil using their Halfords trade card in the past 3 months? It's currently about £27, so £5.40 a litre just wondering how much it would be with the card.

I have seen 20litres of Rock Oil for £80 delivered, which would be £4 a litre

cards wrote:oh i say & which party,s do you attend mmmm

No parties attended (unless that's an invite shit happens ), I registered as a sole trader to do basic maintenance opened a business bank account with Natwest (free banking for 2 years) and got debit card and cheque book, have got a personalised receipt book from e-bay for less than £7, all looks good.

I have not and will not call myself a mechanic.. That's just asking for trouble. I'm not out there advertising for business just for people I know really, maybe later down the line will get the insurance and actually do things a bit more openly.
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Tue Jul 19 2011, 18:41

Pretty much same as me stretchie. Service & repair work for friends/family. Usually end up with a couple of pints for an hour or twos work though not hard cash Very Happy.
Halfords trade card saves you lots on some things & little on others so just enquire.
Paul.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Wed Jul 20 2011, 19:44

Well I've just changed the clutch on my car and bouoght a new funnel and a tub of CV grease should have been £10, but cost me £8.50 with the card.

I priced up a welding apron, gloves, automatic mask and Haynes Welders manual, should be £100, is £88 with the card (didn't buy them though, but nice to know)

Will update when doing mates oil, filter and sparkies
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonterra Wed Jul 20 2011, 22:32

Stretchie,

I also have a trade card, by virtue of my 'sideline' business as a Detailer: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (shameless plug) naughty

Here's a good thread on Moneysavingexpert where people have added a list of Retail v Trade Card prices

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You'll see quite a variation in discount on stuff.

Remember that the discount only applies to "parts" and "workshop" stuff - you don't get it on any of the car cleaning gear (Bit of a bummer for me!)

And check that any of the items you buy (mainly bulbs) aren't on special offer of 3-for-2 or anything.

It is often cheaper to buy "public" on this type of offer, as the trade card 'cancels' any offer of this type.
Lonterra
Lonterra
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 71
Hobbies : Project Management / Blood Biker
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://www.tbiker.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Sun Jul 31 2011, 11:48

Cheers mate will check that link out now...

Out of interest, how long you had those leathers for? I'm sure I met you on a Cat and Fiddle run in 2006 with et all
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonterra Sun Jul 31 2011, 22:08

stretchie_ wrote:Out of interest, how long you had those leathers for? I'm sure I met you on a Cat and Fiddle run in 2006 with et all

Oooh, since about 18-hundred-and-frozen-to-death......... ;-)

If that was the Cat & Fiddle run where it was throwing it down with rain, and Gail fell out with the new Avon Azaros she'd just had fitted (No grip, apparently), then yes, it is me.....!

Thankfully, I now have a new set, just to confuse matters........ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lonterra
Lonterra
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 71
Hobbies : Project Management / Blood Biker
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://www.tbiker.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Wed Aug 10 2011, 20:55

Here goes:

NGK CR8E Plugs
Norm price £6.99 - Trade price £3.78 - Saved £3.21

NGK CR8EIX Iridium Plugs
Norm price £9.99 - Trade price £7.99 - Saved £2.00

5l 10w-40 part synth bike oil
Norm price £26.99 (£5.40 per ltr) - Trade price £21.59 (£4.32 per ltr) - Saved £5.40 (£1.08 per ltr)

Cannot tell you about oil filter as they didn't have what I wanted and said they cannot order bike oil filters, they get a delivery on Fiday and have to go to see what they have.

Pollen filter for car
Norm price £15.29 - Trade price £10.70 - Saved £4.59

So based on a full price oil filter and buying a full 5 litres of oil, doing the Thundercat would be a saving of £25 (If I ever got it running again)
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down