Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale

+12
billyw
Stu
MrNutt
Dean-J
kwakkat
rmknight
TomCom
Eddie990
ellie
stevemcc
SteveCat
Snowcat
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale Empty Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale

Post  Snowcat Tue Jul 31 2012, 12:16

Apparently the German owned company are looking for a buyer for the UK arm of the business. Just another nail in the coffin of UK motorcycle business soon after George White called time.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale Empty Re: Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale

Post  SteveCat Tue Jul 31 2012, 14:26

Oh No, I better get down there and use my gift vouchers quickly. Had wondered if they would go this way :(
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale Empty Re: Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale

Post  stevemcc Tue Jul 31 2012, 16:21

Thats a bummer I was just at the Oxford branch 2 days back, no huge bargains but the staff were really chatty and friendly and even made me a nice cup of tea.
Think they felt sorry for me as I got caught in a huge rainstorm and was drenched.
I hope for the staffs' sake they find a buyer soon.
stevemcc
stevemcc
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 192
Hobbies : Aviation Engineer
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Jul 31 2012, 18:28

Seems alot of high Steet shops are going the same way. Terrible.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale Empty The inevitable has happened (short term good news for bikers)

Post  Snowcat Thu Aug 02 2012, 17:45

Hein Gericke has just announced a closing down sale at all 47 branches in the UK, sure there'll be some bargains to be had but sad news all the same.

Perhaps if they had cheaper prices from the off instead of giving massive discounts it would have encouraged more people through the door and avoided this situation!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Hein Gericke Placed into administration / Closing Down Sale Empty Hein Gericke closing down sale.

Post  Eddie990 Fri Aug 03 2012, 18:32

Hein Gericke gone into administration, just got an email saying all stock must go in massive closing down sale.

Sadly, I replaced all my gear at the start of the year :-(

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Aug 03 2012, 19:10

I feel a Numpty point coming on....
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Sat Aug 04 2012, 06:21

Ach, just fired off a quick message from work without checking. Just coz I'm missing out on the bargains, didn't want everyone else to....

Embarassed

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sat Aug 04 2012, 09:16

I've merged the three separate posts regarding HG.

Will be heading there this morning, hopefully they will still honour the gift cards and now I guess is a good time to redeem my loyalty points
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Sat Aug 04 2012, 21:31

i didnt read all posts. is all Hein shop go closing down?
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  rmknight Sat Aug 04 2012, 22:19

I popped into the Bournemouth store to pick up a bike cover and disk lock.

Save 30% on each item. Store was half empty.

I asked the staff if the cover would be ok for the Cat tha I dont have yet and the guy just shurugged his shoulders and said if it does not I cant bring it back.

Think all stores are closing.
rmknight
rmknight
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 27
Hobbies : Security Consultant
Humour : Geek
Registration date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sat Aug 04 2012, 22:36

yes all uk store,s are closing unless a buyer is found
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  stevemcc Sun Aug 05 2012, 18:49

I took a trip to the Oxford branch today, there's loads of stock left.
All items are 10 or 20% off marked price, grabbed myself a oxford small digital clock, but didnt see any must have bargains.
I wanted a new pair of boots but i think I could probably find them online cheaper.
stevemcc
stevemcc
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 192
Hobbies : Aviation Engineer
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Aug 06 2012, 09:07

The Purley store was the busiest I've ever seen it, however most people walked out empty handed. I would have too if it hadn't been for the fact I had £100 use it or lose in HG cards.

They are not redeeming the Club loyalty points.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Mon Aug 06 2012, 10:29

i will go to one of them just now. i hope i will buy something
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Aug 06 2012, 21:47

Im pals with all the staff in my local HG, had an interesting chat with them last week. not going to say too much guys - but all i will say is give it 3/4/5 weeks before you go shopping, you'll be happy you did Smile
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 244
Humour : Filthy!
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Mon Aug 06 2012, 21:58

didnt go :( gat to many pain killers and fold in sleep on the sofa
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Mon Aug 06 2012, 22:36

always good to have some insider info, so which week do we wait for Wink
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Aug 06 2012, 22:39

Calling in at my local tomorrow, I'll see what info I can get out of em, and spend my loyalty points hopefully, you can always get a discount without asking so it'll be like christmas on steroids in there tomorrow
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Aug 07 2012, 07:33

Snowcat wrote:Calling in at my local tomorrow, I'll see what info I can get out of em, and spend my loyalty points hopefully, you can always get a discount without asking so it'll be like christmas on steroids in there tomorrow

Steves posted they're not redeeming loyalty points, I wonder why not?

Sad to see all these shops disappearing.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Aug 07 2012, 07:46

Oh yeah I've just read that. Well I'm sure I've got a decent amount of points to redeem and I'm in the area so I think I'll pop in to find out
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Tue Aug 07 2012, 10:32

I popped into the oxford one and the staff seemed in good spirits and quite hopeful that a buyer would be found. Hope so, its a good shop.
Stu
Stu
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 129
Hobbies : Engineer/Surfing
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw Tue Aug 07 2012, 13:17

Was in the Carlisle brach yesterday and the staff appeared to be parcelling up stock to be sent who knows where.
I picked up a knox back protector (last one in my size). So I suspect that if you wait too long there will only be odd sizes left.

billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Aug 07 2012, 13:38

ellie wrote:
Steves posted they're not redeeming loyalty points, I wonder why not?

The administrators are only honouring prepaid cards. Discount vouchers through email and the loyalty system, I guess are expenses to them and not being honoured, gift card holders would be creditors.

I had thought of sitting it out and waiting for the real clearance, but didn't want to risk them dishonouring my cards later.
10% discount on a £500 helmet didn't grab me at all, slash the price and I could be interested :o
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue Aug 07 2012, 14:30

Called in at Manchester, the deals on are nothing less than you could haggle anyway and too be honest it looks like they've put some
Of the prices up just to discount them, it's a shame but the company never did themselves any favours in that respect.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next