Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts )

+23
Dogsbody
tcatcarson
Eddie990
athollm123
robertcains
alleycat
furball
SteveCat
Snowcat
ellie
Robcat
mrfrance
Dirt Bike Dave
Radar
MevsyD
terry lees
billyw
Panzerbuilder
Gillybaby
MrNutt
Little Ninja
weasley
Rosco
27 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts ) Empty Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts )

Post  Rosco Mon Jan 12 2015, 01:37

Hi Folks

Big Mac 2015 - Thinking of going back to Ullapool the first weekend in August (Scottish Bank Holiday weekend) and we need commitment from at least 10 (preferably a few more) that wish to stay at the youth hostel - HERE
Ideally if everyone could stay all 3 nights if possible but we might be able to accommodate less nights if some folks really need it.
(other accommodation available if youth hostel doesn't float your boat)

Friday 31st July for 3 nights - Rideouts on the Saturday and Sunday.

Some pictures of when we were there 4 years ago to whet your whistles HERE and HERE

Prices will be cheap n cheerful as usual - approx £35 pppn (give or take a bit) and that includes breakfast, evening meals and drinks (although we might go out the Saturday or Sunday night)

We'd need a small deposit soon to confirm the booking and the rest in June.

Will work out finer details once we've got enough numbers to go ahead with a booking.

I should be able to put some folks up heading from down south to help break up their journey (as Ullapool is way up North) and to help keep folks costs down.  Some of you might even get a real bed.

Cheers
Rosco

Last edited by Rosco on Wed Feb 04 2015, 02:09; edited 3 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts ) Empty Re: Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts )

Post  Rosco Mon Jan 12 2015, 15:54

This should be unlocked now ...... sorry to all of you who have been desperately trying to sign up Wink
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts ) Empty Re: Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts )

Post  weasley Mon Jan 12 2015, 16:01

Really would like to do this, but will be short on leave this year so will have to see. Y'know that that weekend is only a Bank Holiday in Scotland - us poor wee sassenachs have tae wait until the end o' August tae tak a break.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Jan 12 2015, 17:32

I've managed to unlock this thread but for some reason only administrators can post here......Normal service will resume once someone can work out how the heck to fix this Steam Ears
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Jan 12 2015, 17:36

Flux capacitor was wobbly. I've screwed it tight and it appears to be working now Wink
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Mon Jan 12 2015, 17:42

Rob and I are in for this Smile

Just need to arrange babysitters now
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Mon Jan 12 2015, 21:09

I'd love to make it but like paul, i'm going to be short on leave with some other planned trips.

plus I don't think my arse could take the ride up! the cats comfy but not that comfy!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillybaby Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:24

Sounds great Ross, you can count Ian and I in too.  Happy to stay in the YH if we can have a private room, is that possible?  If not, what are alternatives nearby?
Gillybaby
Gillybaby
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Jan 12 2015, 22:44

Hi Gill

Will enquire when I book it (hopefully when we get enough numbers)
There might be a slight premium for this but shouldn't be too much hopefully.
Ullapool isn't that big but it is a big town for the area.
It has lots of b&b' hotels & guesthouses. It is quite a tourist area with it being a main ferry port.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillybaby Mon Jan 12 2015, 23:00

Thanks Ross. Just had a look on trip advisor and there's lots of choice so no problem if not available. I had a look on the website and the rooms are £42 pn so happy to pay the premium if one is available.

Looking forward to it already and we still have Wee Mac to go lol.
Gillybaby
Gillybaby
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Mon Jan 12 2015, 23:50

I did WM in one hit last year and that wasn't too bad.

If I had the holiday I'd be there boring motorways or not! Would be the furtherest of have ridden in that short period of time
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Tue Jan 13 2015, 01:11

Ross, thanks for remembering me! Very Happy

I'd love too come. All nights including B&B at your place. It looks a tad too far for a one day ride up.

Got pass out and it will be a nice pre-50th Birthday prezzie for me.

Hope me and the bike are in shape.

Let me know about deposits and such.

Thanks again, Rich.
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw Tue Jan 13 2015, 18:05

Ross - Karen and I are up for this, however will have to be double room or will book somewhere close.
Cheers Billy
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jan 14 2015, 12:11

Looking promising numbers wise so I'm sure we'll do something at this date and in Ullapool.

In response to posts here and messages it might be worth considering a venue (possibly self catering??) nearish by that would better suit us.

Self catering should help keep costs down (compared to hotel prices and eating out every night) but if that doesn't suit then we'll try and find something that does. This is assuming we can get self-catering from Friday to Monday.
I'd guess most would want 1 week bookings in peak season.

If needs be we might need to just let folks find b&b's, hotels etc nearby.

The beauty of the hostel is it is easy to add an extra bed (assuming they have space) at a later date and also their cancellation policy was quite good and in previous cases when folks had to cancel we managed to get them some or sometimes all of their money back (easier if we can get people to take their place)

We try and split the costs as evenly (fairly) as possible regardless if we are having a group booking.

Haven't had a look in details yet but have found info here

http://www.ullapool.com/accommodation.html

Does anyone have any specific suggestions??

Might not manage to please all the people all the time but if we can manage most for most that'll just have to do.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Jan 15 2015, 10:44

Thought I'd already put my name down for this, but obviously not. Yup I'll be coming, will be speaking to the rest of the blue rinse brigade soon, I'm sure most of them will be up for it.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sat Jan 17 2015, 01:42

Almost sure on this one for myself and Angela. R1 and ER6 are being sold in March and every penny goes into an FJR.. Will confirm in a bit..
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Sat Jan 17 2015, 14:34

Nice one Mevsy, If you need any advice, just yell.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun Jan 18 2015, 00:45

I can't make this one Rosco.

How much do you want fo rthe R1 Mevsy??
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sun Jan 18 2015, 21:29

Unless my rota/Job changes I'll be in deepest darkest Africa then. fuming
I'll have to declare myself out for this year. :(

Big Mac 2015 - Who's up for it (Friday 31st July 3 nights) Ullapool ( & two great days of rideouts ) Cd383571
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Mon Jan 19 2015, 22:25

Myself and Alleycat Alex have been talking about doing this! Will need to cath up with him first but it's looking likely, although we will need to try and arrange a stop off on the way up on Thursday as it will be a heck of a journey up!

Smile
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jan 20 2015, 09:19

mrfrance wrote:Myself and Alleycat Alex have been talking about doing this! Will need to cath up with him first but it's looking likely, although we will need to try and arrange a stop off on the way up on Thursday as it will be a heck of a journey up!

Smile

You're welcome to stay at mine on the way up gents (and the way back down too if you want to)
I'm in between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Jan 20 2015, 10:23

Thanks Ross, how far apart is G from E? I'm thinking we'll more likely be stopping off in the north of England somewhere just to split the main part of the journey up.

Nicely put Steve, could be worse I suppose, could be travelling around the M25 which has no end!
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Jan 20 2015, 10:32

Just looked it up, it's only 640 miles away Smile
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jan 20 2015, 11:54

mrfrance wrote:Thanks Ross, how far apart is G from E? I'm thinking we'll more likely be stopping off in the north of England somewhere just to split the main part of the journey up.

Nicely put Steve, could be worse I suppose, could be travelling around the M25 which has no end!

About 40-50 miles between Glasgow and Edinburgh.
I'm about 80miles from the Border.
The offer is there if you change your mind.
Just Rich staying over at the moment.
Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Jan 20 2015, 16:03

Thanks Ross, it looks like I'll still have my bullet armchair by then so I should be able to cover a good 400 miles in one hit and maybe camp in the wild Smile quite an adventure ahead I think!
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next