Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG MAC VII 2010 - SIGN UP - Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd

+13
Krusty
sgtbash
SteveCat
MevsyD
Wild-Kat-Wolf
wambo
terry lees
greencat
kwakkat
Eddie990
furball
Dirt Bike Dave
Rosco
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

BIG MAC VII 2010 - SIGN UP - Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd Empty BIG MAC VII 2010 - SIGN UP - Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd August 2010

Post  Rosco Wed Jan 27 2010, 22:54

Hi All

Can you please show your interest in Big Mac here please?
We are currently looking in to accommodation and will get a block booking if the numbers are sufficient

When I last checked the Braemar Hostel had the following free
Private Rooms of EIGHT, FIVE, FOUR, FOUR and a TWIN

Lots of Communal Rooms (some female only)

e.g.

Rosco (and my beeatch for the weekend "BravePill" )

Braemar Hostel - Staying FRI, SAT, SUN nights - Happy to share large private group room with rest of our group

Cheers
Rosco

ps. Other local accommodation available HERE
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VII 2010 - SIGN UP - Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd Empty Re: BIG MAC VII 2010 - SIGN UP - Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Thu Jan 28 2010, 12:29

I'm in.....Dates are good for my Rota...
Sign me up for a bed in the Hostel for the duration... deal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VII 2010 - SIGN UP - Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd Empty Re: BIG MAC VII 2010 - SIGN UP - Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd

Post  furball Sat Feb 06 2010, 16:58

Yep book me in for the three night's also :whoop:

Bring it on and book some sunshine Very Happy

Davie

PS: come on get you'r names down bofore it's all booked up clink
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Tue Feb 09 2010, 16:02

Put ma name doon! Will long post up later when I have more time.

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Feb 09 2010, 20:08

That's us got the fantastic four. What about the rest of you. It might be held in Scotland but you don't have to be Scottish to sign up.

Who is going to be our first foreigner Wink

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Feb 09 2010, 22:12

I'd like to try and book some private rooms soon (no not those kind Dave.....we'll get that sorted in Germany Wink ).

Private room will have only members of this site (or hangers on to members of this site)
Failing that you can boom your own bunk in a communal room in the Hostel.
Final option is to sort your own accomodation in Braemar (it is quite a small place).

Any couples coming? I can book the twin for you too if it is still available.

Need to pay a one off group booking fee so it works out cheaper making a group booking otherwise everyone gets charged a temporary hostel membership fee.
I'll probably book the 8 bunk room soon regardless as most big macs have circa 12 to 16 bikes or so from memory.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Feb 09 2010, 22:57

after the last bunk room & curry night im staying south of the border lol have a good time laddie i did last year
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Feb 09 2010, 23:30

cards wrote:after the last bunk room & curry night im staying south of the border lol have a good time laddie i did last year
pete
Oh........nearly had an Irish Englishman there but he got away.

Will treat you to a Haggis Supper and a Deep Fried Mars Bar next time you're up Pete Smile

Come on......Free Pint for the next person to sign up. To be presented at Big Mac obviously.

Is my Pink Lycra putting you off Wink

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Feb 10 2010, 04:38

Rosco wrote:Is my Pink Lycra putting you off Wink

Yes, it's a cause for concern, but ....

Rosco wrote:nearly had an Irish Englishman there but he got away

....worries me more! Still a pint's a pint clink so sign me up! rofl2

Should be another cracking Scottish rideout - rain or shine. great

However I'll pass on the Highland Fling and local delicacies - haggis and stuff that shouldn't be deep-fried - thanks. loony

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 10 2010, 07:36

greencat wrote: haggis and stuff that shouldn't be deep-fried -

Chris

Ach ya chuckies (as me old (ex)man would say) - deep fried haggis supper is scrumptious = you think thats wrong chris i could point you towards a chippy in the vicinity of Lennoxtown that deep fries everything - including pizza - and it's not to order that's standard!!
And if that's not enough for you i was once with someone who'd ordered egg fried rice from a chinese in East Kilbride and when she took the lid off ............ yep you guessed.... i kid you not it was fried rice with a fried egg on top!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VII 2010 - SIGN UP - Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd Empty big mac

Post  terry lees Wed Feb 10 2010, 09:25

Hi Rosco, I thought I was already signed up for this along with Chris, but the thought of a possible free pint has prompted this post, god my throats dry!
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Feb 10 2010, 19:54

And dry your throat will remain Terry.
I do remember you emailed me. Are John, Tim or Christian interested?

How does a FREE pint for everyone on the BIG MAC?

Funnily enough the cost of the bunk has gone up approx £1 per person per night. Funny that Wink
I'll volunteer to make breakfast on the Saturday morning.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  wambo Wed Feb 10 2010, 21:51

At the front of july i will confirm, if me and me julie, will be coming Smile love to say yes now, cause i quiet fancy going to a foreign country for a balt, do i need my passport to get in? Very Happy smashing
wambo
wambo
wambo
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 107
Hobbies : Beer and Birds Oh smashing
Humour : a bit twisted, but always take the P out myself
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13 2010, 00:16

Yeehaw .... having consulted with my naughty twin .........
Fi and I will take one of them there girls only rooms so ....

thats us 2 down for your wee ride (Tho as i'm suffering with my back at present in all likelihood we'll not do the whole thing but we'll start with you in the morning and finish with you in the bar pmsl ) .... and there may be another girlie as well all being well with us Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat Feb 13 2010, 21:45

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:Yeehaw .... having consulted with my naughty twin .........
Fi and I will take one of them there girls only rooms so ....

thats us 2 down for your wee ride (Tho as i'm suffering with my back at present in all likelihood we'll not do the whole thing but we'll start with you in the morning and finish with you in the bar pmsl ) .... and there may be another girlie as well all being well with us Smile

Oh ya beauty. The burds are coming too. Who is the mystery guest though?
Come on tell us Suzie tell us.....or Fiona you can tell us too.
Let's make it a race and see who tells us first.

If you are ok with sharing a communal (women only room) then I can book 2 or 3 spaces in there. Alternatively I can book your own private room but the smallest i think is a four or the twin so this doesn't accomodate changes as easily.

Let me know please

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sat Feb 13 2010, 22:47

Lol it's a friend of mine.... she's hopefully getting a Thundercat - we're off to see one tomorrow afternoon.... fingers crossed she likes it and the price is right! If so, it'll be another Scottish Cat, as she stays just down the road from me. She's not a definate yet though - I need to convince her that you guys aren't too scary taz .... though she'll have Suzie and me to protect her (and as far as I'm concerned I'm pretty much enough personally to scare a pack of wolves away!) loony

Fi xx girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Mar 02 2010, 23:12

Right then......I've got an 8 bunk and a 4 bunk room booked. The twin has gone.

8 Bunk Room booked - 7 boys
Rosco
Bravepill
Dirt Bike Dave
Furball
Eddie990
Greencat
TerryLees

4 Bunk Room - 3 girls
Ezzy's Mum
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf's Pal

So I count 4 Thundercat riders (all of them girls), 9 bikes and 10 people so far.

Terry - Have I included your entire entourage? Can you check with John please?
I'm sure he said he was up for this but would sort his own accommodation since we were too noisy last time and fiddled with his toes.
I thought that was your snoring though......TBH - It is the only reason I drink on these to make sure I can sleep through it Wink

The cost will be split between us all so it is in our best interest to fill all the spaces.
As in the past at Hostels we will buy stuff for breakfast and some refreshments for the evening.....We could possibly even sort our own BBQ one night too.
Just for the accommodation will be £22 pppn with current numbers and just over £18 pppn as it stands.
I'm hoping about £25 pppn should be about right.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Sat Apr 10 2010, 21:14

Rosco,

I won't be able to stay on Sunday night, I'm working on Monday at Teeside so I'll head off at the southern-most point of Sundays route. :(

Chris

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Thu Apr 22 2010, 19:47

Reet, booked off the Friday and the Monday so please add me to your list of renegades that are going to noise up the highlands!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Thu Apr 22 2010, 21:57

great yee haaa - good for you Martin clink the more the merrier... especially if Rosco is barman again!

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 22 2010, 23:00

Hey Ross, if the snoring gets too much for you, you can always come share with us you know - we'll look after you, scare away the midges and read you a bedtime story ..... mwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh :evil2:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue May 18 2010, 12:53

I'd like to be added as a strong hopeful (will be on my own). Put in for the leave, but gotta wait for end of the ah-ing and um-ing.

Not good with numbers, but it looks like the bunk house is full - if so I'll sniff around the local B&B's.

An advanced warning to the Scots: I won't be heading straight home after BM, will meander upwards and go and see my brothers 'new' house in the Orkney's. New isn't really the right term, it's a couple hundred years old and I think uninhabitable, but the land is good for his intended wind turbine. I've just gotta go and see this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.], hopefully will be easier to get to than his forest near Ullapool.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Tue May 18 2010, 13:23

Yay clappy - fingers crossed you get to come out to play.... and remember we're friendly up here - stay as long as you want great

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu May 20 2010, 07:55

Hi Steve

The Hostel is not full....checked the other day.

If enough others sign up soon we can book another private room (4 people)
Failing that you can always just get a bed in a communal room.
That way you would be sharing with nutters you don't know as opposed to ones you do Smile

Hope you can make it.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sgtbash Fri May 21 2010, 01:33

Will check with "er indoors" in the morn , that the dates dont clash with owt. If not ,im in, and i'll work on Tiger Dave as well. Dont think he'll take much persuadin, lol. clink Trev.
sgtbash
sgtbash
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 10
Hobbies : facilitator of electrical current/ Biking, Karting
Humour : None to speak of, so don't upset me. lol.
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next