Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cool ride tonight..

4 posters

Go down

Cool ride tonight.. Empty Cool ride tonight..

Post  MevsyD Thu Jul 08 2010, 21:32

Finally got my bike back from mot last week, needed a reflector on the number plate and new rear brake pads... That took over a week but that's another story. Sooo, tonight got back around sixish and the weather was good so a spin out was in order. Did a local run called the Otley TT, a mix of fantastic scenery and some great roads, love it and know it like the back of my hand. Pulling up to the Fewston road where I turn right a CBR Fireblade with a lad in all the gear turned left so great, someone to ride with! Pace was brisk, he clearly knew the road and for the first two or three miles it was absolutley spot on as it was exactly the pace I wanted to ride and would have done if he hadn't been there, nice lean on corners and most importantly completley safe. Then, just after my favourite left hander uphill followed by a right hander he waves me past..... Now I'm not on my limit or anything but wasn't out to hit any limits on open roads so had no idea what the hell to do!! I was concerned that perhaps I had made him uncomfortable and didn't want to be a distraction so I went on by and he followed me, at my pace, with no drama.. After about 60 miles of dales, taking turns leading, I headed home to Harrogate and he went off to wherever with a big thumbs up... I don't race or ride beyond my own abilities..Ever... Good to see that this complete stranger clearly has the same attidude.
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Cool ride tonight.. Empty Re: Cool ride tonight..

Post  yamahamad Thu Jul 08 2010, 21:47

Hey martin glad to hear the bike is back & sorted. You should have dropped me a text i would have being up for a blast 2nite although may have slowed you down a bit Smile . You doing anything sunday morn you fancy a ride?
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Thu Jul 08 2010, 21:51

Woo Hoo sounds like you had a great ride Martin.... it's always great when you get the bike back and get back out on it in good weather. Glad you had a good time AND found a pleasant person to ride out with.

Fi girl_witch xx
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Thu Jul 08 2010, 22:13

Cheers Fi! Nice to finally have the 'ace back.. Not missed any rideouts as I had borrowed a mates RSV Factory but it isn't the bike for a seventeen stone lump like me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Paul, was an impromptu rideout otherwise I would have been on the phone. Just got back after a hard day and needed to blow some cobwebs off.. Sunday sounds good, how much time do you have? There is a joke shop in Scarborough that I would like to go to as the local pub is going to be full on Sunday night for the world cup final and I would like to set a few traps! Evil or Very Mad

If it works for you 9ish at Otley cafe?
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Jul 09 2010, 09:47

ARGH!!!!! You lucky sod.... imagine getting to borrow that bike.... sigh..... does he want to lend it to me?? Twisted Evil I promise to be gentle with it deal

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09 2010, 10:09

Not meaning to change the subject, but does my Cat need a reflector on the back to pass the MOT (it's my first one as an owner coming up next month)? I assumed it was built in to the rear light.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Jul 09 2010, 12:39

Hi Petercriss

Yep, my understanding is that there should be a red reflector either on your numberplate or somewhere on the tail tidy additional to the actual rear light. You can get tiny little round ones to stick on your numberplate from most bike garages for about a quid, doesn't have to be anything particularly fancy.

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Fri Jul 09 2010, 18:40

That sounds good martin especially breakfast at otley cafe.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Jul 09 2010, 19:42

yes you do need a red refector for the mot just get 1 of them bicycle refectors that stick on
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 10 2010, 15:54

Thanks for the reflector info. Be a shame to fail the test for the sake of a bit of plastic.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down