Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bishops Castle 3, 18th June 2011

+19
Little Ninja
yamahamad
Andy_2005R1
mrfrance
mechy69
greencat
Dai-San
Robcat
littlecat
0ldcat
Dirt Bike Dave
Rosco
SteveCat
kwakkat
Radar
Mini
MevsyD
ellie
robertcains
23 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

ThumbsUp Bishops Castle 3, 18th June 2011

Post  robertcains Thu Jan 20 2011, 19:07

First topic message reminder :

BC3 is scheduled this year for Sat 18th June, As usual the weekend will start on Fri (17th) with a few light refreshments & I will be making arrangements in the near future for the meals on both nights for those who wish to join us. Anyone wanting to do just the ride on the Sat will be welcome too great

The ride will once again be centred on Wales with a new route heading further North this time into the beautiful Snowdonia mountains.

Everyone is most welcome & accomodation is readily available with a quick google search among Bishops Castles many B&B's

Radar & I will be finalising details over a pint in the next few weeks clink
Many thanks for your attendance on the previous BC rides which have had a fantastic atmosphere due to the superb members on here.
Any questions please feel free to ask

Nick & Ellie
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

ThumbsUp Re: Bishops Castle 3, 18th June 2011

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sun Jun 19 2011, 19:46

right, fed, watered and just opened a bottle of red....soooo ill get the thank you's out of the way first!
Thank you Nick,Ellie and Tony for a perfectly organised weekend.
Thank you Rob and Linz for putting up with Rosco and me over the weekend, perfect hosts and obviously professional campers. The bacon rolls were superb too!!
Thank you Greencat for entrusting me with a go on your stunning new Bike.
Was great to see some old friends and to make some new ones.
Nick , ill swear your thundercat has a thunderace/r1 block behind those farings, the little blat at the end was a perfect end to a perfect day!(apart from the mysterious vanishing bike).
Well done to those who joined us with very little or no previous group riding experience, some of the weather we had at times was making the roads very slippy and very daunting.
Great to see you back on the bike Tel, hope you and Robcat are both on the bikes for Big Mac in a few weeks.
And lastly well done to Mechy for taking the Ducati pincer movment and overtake in good humour
Think thats about it, looking forward to the pics and will def be making every effort to do BC4..
Tel.....this is for you--------> shit happens
And Ellie........Go on get it bought! Cool

Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Number of posts : 1592
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  gixersix Sun Jun 19 2011, 20:43

Just a few words to say "thank you" to all the guys who organised this and ran it, and to Bri for suggesting it. I had one of my best days riding out in 30 years, despite the damp weather. Sorry I couldn't stay for the full course back to BC, I believe Dai-San has already explained why (!)- however, rest assured that we had a very brisk, incident-free ride home on great twisty roads, finally finishing at about 335 miles and 11 hours on the road. A great mix of relaxed riding plus that cracking trip down the valley to the pub stop.
Thanks again - when's the next one?
gixersix
gixersix
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 10
Hobbies : Technical Manager
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Jun 19 2011, 20:45

Pam and I back about 5:30, as usual took a less than direct route home - very enjoyable Very Happy Managed to miss the rain, could see there'd been a 'decent deluge' shortly before we arrived though.

Fantastic weekend. Thanks Nick, Ellie, Tony for the organisation and leading us on some great roads, Tel for taking over tail end duties and to everyone who attended, collectively you made it made it a great event, thank you.
Pictures and a couple of video clips are here.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Sun Jun 19 2011, 20:59

Just a quick note to let you know me and chris home ok, thankyou to all concerned , again i had a brilliant fun (even on a girls bike), and will wear my T shirt with pride (though revenge will be sweet).
As to the italian posers and there 'pincer movement' , i note as all italians you can run away very quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see new faces and that they really enjoyed it, was great to see Tel and Rob , hope you both get better/improve as quick as you can

And a big thanks to chris for getting me there and back and putting up with me , thankyou my friend

Pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sun Jun 19 2011, 21:57

Thanks for all the lovely comments, It's really appreciated! I would like to thank each & every single one of you for making the effort & for making the meeting one of the best yet.
It makes no difference how much preparation & effort goes into each meeting without the support of all you guys & gals great

Special mentions have to be made to the lovely Ellie ❤ for her constant help support & encouragment & ever increasing ability pointing a thundercat at the next corner, I'm very proud of her & have made a plea that I'd prefer it if she slowed down a little or I'm gonna need a faster bike very very soon,
Tony & Mandy for giving me a hand with the recce & assistance & advice over a beer or ten & a steak in the local Wetherspoons,
Tel for his last minute dash to break the pain barrier (assisted by the Three Tuns real ale green smile )
Those of you who travelled many many miles (inc some who rode home the same day Shocked )
Cath for breaking her duck (and bike a few times) Wink
Mechy69 for keeping us amused at lunch & winning the numpty T shirt award pmsl
Robcat for making a big effort to join us after his high speed high powered accident,
BigNige for proving that Triumph brakes really are better than a Jags when tested hard whistle
Rosco,DBD & Greencat for the lovely evening pootle which rounded the day off with a big smile on the old noggins & making me wonder why I want to sell the trusty 'cat ponder
Roll on BC4 & I'm going to order sunshine next year I promise

Nick naughty
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun Jun 19 2011, 22:22

Evening one and all!

Arrived home around 5pm. Dry all the way. Stopped many times for tea, directions, fuel - repeat 4 times and you'll get the idea. Bit tired now, but what a great weekend. Finally managed to get some proper miles on the bike and, as ever, Wales brought out the best haloangel and then the worst Twisted Evil Very Happy characteristics. Best was good, but worst was better!

Thanks to Nick, Ellie and Radar for organising the event. Not quite up to the standards of last years weather (that would be impossible), but whilst it was a bit real with the Welsh rain soaking into my butt, it was soon all forgotten and the afternoon was as good as ever. Tried to play catch up with DBD and Nick - whatever Ellie puts in your tank Nick it certainly makes a difference! A lot of fun was had then and on the post rideout blat. Very Happy

To all the Thundercat rideout virgins - hope we popped your cherry! Shocked fnarfnar And that you'll be back for more great It was great to meet up with you all.

Look forward to seeing all the pics especially some of the video. I see Steve's wasted no time in posting up - v prompt. Glad to hear everyone's home safely. I'm sure there'll be a few aches and pains, but of the good kind? Tel, enjoy you're drug induced semi-coma Crying or Very sad It was great you made it, you did a wonderful job as back marker and I don't know how you managed it! Impressive salute

OK, off for sleeps now. Looking forward to the next one green smile

Chris

PS Spot on with the T-shirt award - numpty!

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai-San Sun Jun 19 2011, 22:45

Apologise for the quality, but they were only off my iPhone 3gs

BC 2011
Dai-San
Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 338
Hobbies : IT
Humour : I work in IT, am I allowed Humour?
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun Jun 19 2011, 23:35

Review here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Piccies to follow...
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jun 20 2011, 14:14

Uploaded some of the videos to YouTube, the playlist is here.

Only have the afternoon vids, recorder refused to switch on (got it going at the first rain stop) and then at lunch I discovered the waterproof lens cover isn't what it claims to be (had misted up on the inside).

As before these are warts and all, no editing. The vids are pubically viewable, if anyone is concerned about this, please PM me.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Thu Jun 23 2011, 12:50

A little late but I must thank everyone for another great weekend I think its all been said but again THANK YOU I enjoyed every minute of it. great
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Jun 23 2011, 13:27

Radar wrote:Review here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Piccies to follow...

Hi Radar,
nice videoing. Intrigued as to how you mounted it.

John.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7