Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start of season issues

3 posters

Go down

Start of season issues Empty Start of season issues

Post  robertcains Tue Mar 22 2011, 22:50

Seems just like one or two others on here that i've had the winter hibernation showing up the odd problems Rolling Eyes

Sorted out a front tyre leak on the rim (I hope) but had noticed a noise from the transmission area whilst out today so took a peep.
Seems the old dreaded 'cat problem of the front sprocket working loose has caught up with me despite the locking washer being intact.
I've tightened it now which was no mean feat single handed, worth checking though peeps as it can cause some serious damage if it throws the chain, either to the bike or you Shocked
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Start of season issues Empty Re: Start of season issues

Post  SteveCat Wed Mar 23 2011, 09:05

robertcains wrote:Seems just like one or two others on here that i've had the winter hibernation showing up the odd problems Rolling Eyes

Do you think the solution to this would be to ride through winter ? Very Happy Thanks for the heads up, is worth giving an extra looking over if been standing for a while - some tight bits might be loose as well as some loose bits becoming tight. Probably time to check the brake callipers, they do love seizing up.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Start of season issues Empty Re: Start of season issues

Post  yamahamad Wed Mar 23 2011, 09:30

I serviced the front brakes at the weekend, cleaned the calipers, deglazed the pads & changed the fluid. The 2 small pistons on the right caliper were a bit stiff to retract but a good clean with brake cleaner & a bit of neversieze sorted them. All the other pistons were free as a bird Smile
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down