Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easy project thundercat 29k miles - needs to go

4 posters

Go down

Easy project thundercat 29k miles - needs to go Empty Easy project thundercat 29k miles - needs to go

Post  grant26 Wed May 02 2012, 00:15

hi, after being stood for a month my tcat isnt running.properly. Its only firing properly on two cylinders and revving high on the other two. Most likely just gunk in carbs or weak spark. Didnt have time to sort it so i just bought an 05 kawasaki z750.
Bit about the bike the bike itself: 29k miles, part history, both keys, was running spot on before i took it off the road, brand new conti rear tyre, front was new for last mot, chain n sprockets ok, just had jack up kit put on (adjustable or can be put back to stock), double shotgun style led tail light, braided lines, new pads in rear (done under 100 miles), still has mot till late june, no tax as it isnt insured, brand new blue rear footpegs, not even fitted. Only downside is that it was knocked over at work near christmas and so front left hand side panel and nose cone has damage, still usable though (i still used them), tank and rear sides are good. I have taken the rear joining panel off to spray with a second set of fairings I was going to put on, these are not included in the sale but available at an agreed cost. Seat was recovered a few months back and looks much better. Undertray was cut to allow way for a custom undertray (not included but available), the original undertray is still usuable with a tail tidy which I will include.
After 1000 as it is, will need van/trailer to take away, may be able to deliver locally for fuel money, bike is in Preston, Lancashire. Thanks, Grant

grant26
grant26
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 53
Hobbies : Student at Lancaster Uni
Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Easy project thundercat 29k miles - needs to go Empty Re: Easy project thundercat 29k miles - needs to go

Post  ScoldedCat Wed May 02 2012, 11:22

That's a lot of money for a hacked up non-runner... good luck though!
ScoldedCat
ScoldedCat
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 195
Humour : This parrot is dead!
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Easy project thundercat 29k miles - needs to go Empty Re: Easy project thundercat 29k miles - needs to go

Post  grant26 Wed May 02 2012, 11:33

ScoldedCat wrote:That's a lot of money for a hacked up non-runner... good luck though!
for the sake of £15 for a set of spark plugs it is likely to solve it.
Not hacked up, it just took the edges off, still fully usuable, all in one piece. Just because the fibreglass underneath is red it stands out but could be sorted quickyl and easily.
Don't know if I added but tank and rears are still good.
Always open to offers.
grant26
grant26
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed May 02 2012, 11:57

Good luck in the sale.
Tell the buyer about here if it is sold elsewhere Wink
Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mapman Wed May 02 2012, 15:37

What happened to the twin exhaust effort? Is that included too, along with the patent rights? Sorry - just seen other post selling the zorst seperately. green smile

Sounds like carbs will need a full overhaul to me.

Last edited by Mapman on Wed May 02 2012, 15:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added "Sorry - just seen other post selling the zorst seperately.")
Mapman
Mapman
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 194
Hobbies : Cars/Bikes/Skiing/Golf/etc
Humour : Some
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post  grant26 Sat May 19 2012, 22:54

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/98-Yamaha-Thundercat-YZF600R-Sports-tourer-been-stood-month-easy-project-/251060761728?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3a74633480
grant26
grant26
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down