Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hotwired CBR600

3 posters

Go down

Hotwired CBR600 Empty Hotwired CBR600

Post  alext Wed May 16 2012, 15:48

My old streetfighter cbr600 was stolen last night. I've got it back and they've pulled the headlight off, looks like they've broken the back of the ignition off and pulled one thick black wire out. All the other wires seem to be intact. How tricky is this going to be to fix, is it a case of just dismantling the ignition and reattaching the wires? I cant really afford to take it to a garage!
alext
alext
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Hotwired CBR600 Empty Re: Hotwired CBR600

Post  Littledel Thu May 24 2012, 04:56

A up mate sorry to here about your bike. Hope they got/get the bastards. Mine was stolen about a month ago and the idiots rammed a screw driver in the barrel to try and get it started. Was talking to a bloke who runs a motorcycle shop he said that it's only Kawasaki ingnitions you can strip down? Worth a go tho mate what's the worst that can happen? I got a new ignition switch off ebay and just conected it up. Dunno if it the same for a cbr though. Costs about £50 tho for a new switch for mine :/ and ya have to carry 2 keys around. but takes about 30-60 mins on the thunder cat to fit as ya have to drill the screws out that hold it on. So have to take the top yoke off. Might be different on a cbr I have no idea. Just sharing my experience realy.
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 91
Hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Thu May 24 2012, 15:53

On my cat I change the ignition , all I did was hacksaw through the side and cut the bolts then used pliers to unscrew the rest took me 40 mins to swap them
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  alext Thu May 24 2012, 17:15

Yeah I bought a new ignition in the end which just plugs in. Still won't fire up though, not quite sure whats wrongwith it. Think I'll prob have to push it to the garage on pay day and get them to have a look
alext
alext
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Littledel Thu May 24 2012, 19:01

Hmmm mine does a weird thing now since I changed the switch ya have to hold the clutch in to start even when it's running if ya let the clutch out it cuts out however if ya get on it and flick the side stand up it starts and runs.....less ya put the props stand down which case it cuts out :/
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 91
Hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down