Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can't always blame the car driver

2 posters

Go down

You can't always blame the car driver Empty You can't always blame the car driver

Post  Snowcat Thu Jul 26 2012, 13:54

Ive always been quick to jump to the defence of bikers subconsciously always find in favour of the biker if there is ever a collision with a car, you know the old "I didn't see him routine" but I have just nearly wiped out a bike at a junction.

I was turning right at a junction I know very well and whilst there is no actual filter there I know there is a slight time lapse in the lights changing in my favour as a lot of traffic turns right there. Anyway there was a van in front of me and as the lights changed to amber it started to turn, I knew that there simply couldn't have been any traffic coming the other way but chose to proceed with caution, as the van cleared my path some dickhead on a bike came bombing through the lights (on red) forcing me to slam on an veer left to barely avoid him!!

The guy is a danger to himself and more importantly other road users, had I not hesitated he'd have been in my passenger seat and he would have been totally to blame, #livid!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

You can't always blame the car driver Empty Re: You can't always blame the car driver

Post  greencat Thu Jul 26 2012, 16:57

Well that's one collision where you'd have been less vunerable than the other party! Though that's little consolation if it actually happens.
Still, trying to ride pillion without even asking!! Some folk really take liberties Mad

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down