Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 thugs try and steal 2 Ducati Panigale's

+3
Rosco
Snowcat
SteveCat
7 posters

Go down

6 thugs try and steal 2 Ducati Panigale's Empty 6 thugs try and steal 2 Ducati Panigale's

Post  SteveCat Tue Sep 11 2012, 15:39

It all happens around my way, this is just down the road from me. My spanner shop is opposite the Duc dealership, and I can see the owner of where I take mine in one of pics going after one of the thugs.

link
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

6 thugs try and steal 2 Ducati Panigale's Empty Re: 6 thugs try and steal 2 Ducati Panigale's

Post  Snowcat Tue Sep 11 2012, 16:52

Watched the video, the staff go to town on these guys, scrotes deserve a good kicking!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

6 thugs try and steal 2 Ducati Panigale's Empty Re: 6 thugs try and steal 2 Ducati Panigale's

Post  Rosco Tue Sep 11 2012, 17:37

Been wondering how DBD got his but I've seen him filter and he definitely couldn't get out that door.

Shocking to see this. How brazen can you get?
Tw8ts.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Sep 11 2012, 18:28

Woah! Crazy s***t ...fairplay to the staff, I think I would have done more damage to those little chavs if I was them.
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11 2012, 19:43

The little sh***, I raise my hands to the blokes who work there good on them
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Wed Sep 12 2012, 20:57

Thieving scum got away lightly. Respect to the staff.
Stu
Stu
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 129
Hobbies : Engineer/Surfing
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Thu Sep 13 2012, 23:53

I saw this on the BBC, fair play to the staff for fended them off.

Were they going to ride the bikes away I presume. Is this that clever keyless starting showing it has a BIG downside?
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Sep 14 2012, 07:23

Surely you need to have a fob or something on you though??
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Sep 14 2012, 10:02

The normal modus operandi in London is for the scooter rider to push the stolen bike using his foot, no key required. Not sure which way they would have tried to do that though, left out of the shop the road rises reasonably steeply over the railway line - that would be tricky, the other way and they would go slap bang into Croydon town centre.

I know the chap who was pushed into the road quite well, he was telling me that this sort of thing has been going on for over two years. There are 6 bike shops, 3 on either side of the road - 4 of which belong to InMoto (Duc, KTM, Moto Guzzi and Vespa), one of the other ones is where I take mine, so a lot of bikes in a small area.

The feeling is that now this is blown into the open the sc*s will try and make a point and have another go.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sun Sep 16 2012, 20:23

Radar wrote:I saw this on the BBC, fair play to the staff for fended them off.

Were they going to ride the bikes away I presume. Is this that clever keyless starting showing it has a BIG downside?

The multistrada has keyless starting but not the Panigale. Panigales are all key start..
I'll say one thing if it was my baby they were after.....lol...they wouldnt've gotten off so lightly..
No Rosco i'm afraid i got mine the hard way...hard earned cash!!..ok maybe not all cash.. Wink
I have some insider info that these scooterboys have targeted a few dealers and got away with an RSV4 not so long ago..
Apparently they tow the bikes with the scooters to a waiting van somewhere nearby and then gone!!
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down