Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New respray pics

+17
TomCom
mrfrance
ThunderSteve
thunderstu600
hutch2064
0ldcat
weasley
greencat
Cheshirecat
MevsyD
Rosco
Radar
MrNutt
stevemcc
owen.dyer146
Snowcat
alleycat
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New respray pics - Page 2 Empty New respray pics

Post  alleycat Thu Mar 14 2013, 18:45

First topic message reminder :

Well after a solid two weeks of thundercat ownership and having only managed a few decent runs and many other shorter (soggier) ones I thought id capitalize on the mrs being away for a week and respray the bike as I wasnt too keen on the red (my firms tops are red so the colour just reminds me of work lol)

So here is a pic of it when I first got it:

New respray pics - Page 2 Tcatbefore

And how it looks now after fitting a pyramid single seat cowl, mra double bubble, tank cover, removing the grab handles and smoothing off the rear fairings and respraying/re decal-ing (if thats even a word)

New respray pics - Page 2 Thundercat

New respray pics - Page 2 Thundercat3

New respray pics - Page 2 Thundercat2

New respray pics - Page 2 Thundercat1

Stripped and prepped the fairings on the saturday, sprayed them on the sunday then spent the next week after work in the evenings finishing and reassembling the bike and was done for her return on friday "no love it looked like that when I bought it" green smile
alleycat
alleycat
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 300
Hobbies : Carpenter / mechanics, guitar, mma
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

New respray pics - Page 2 Empty Re: New respray pics

Post  'Cat-Man-Do Mon Apr 08 2013, 23:24

very nice! its crazy how different the cat ends up looking depending on who's doing the changing

If it wasnt for my grab handles id have dropped my bike a couple of times when manouvering my bike around the drive

'Cat-Man-Do
4Bronze
4Bronze

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

New respray pics - Page 2 Empty Re: New respray pics

Post  alleycat Tue Apr 09 2013, 16:55

'Cat-Man-Do wrote:very nice! its crazy how different the cat ends up looking depending on who's doing the changing

yeah I must admit when I first got the bike after years of modifying cars I didn't there would be much I could do to it to make it mine but when I got into it there really is a world of things you can do to bikes that I didn't even realize great

and to be honest I never used the grab handles to move it around as I just usually just hold the bars and lean it slightly towards me as i'm far from hench and if it started falling away from me grab handles or no grab handles I wouldn't be able to hold it from falling
alleycat
alleycat
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 300
Hobbies : Carpenter / mechanics, guitar, mma
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2