Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013

+22
Dirt Bike Dave
mechy69
prime
Catapulted
MevsyD
Eddie990
Cheshirecat
SteveCat
YZFJohn
mrfrance
alleycat
kwakkat
Rampers
Radar
Robcat
Bikerchris
MrNutt
robertcains
ellie
0ldcat
Rosco
greencat
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 - Page 5 Empty Taste of Lincolnshire 2013

Post  greencat Thu Mar 28 2013, 19:50

First topic message reminder :

The Taste of Lincolnshire Rideout 2013 will take place on 7th September 2013

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 - Page 5 Tol10_11

This is the 10th annual Lincolnshire rideout
For 2013 we return to The Village Limits at Woodhall Spa.
Cost is ₤40 pppn B&B.
The accommodation and food are great!

I have reserved 4 twin rooms for the Friday and Saturday nights.
If you want to reserve a place please post up or send me a PM.
Please see the separate Sign Up page for details of who's coming and where they're staying.

There are more rooms available at The Village Limits and there's B&B, camping and caravan accommodation in Woodhall Spa.
Here's some alternative accommodation, there are many more places to stay in Woodhall Spa:

B&B accommodation:
The Claremont Guest House
The PitchAway B&B
The Vale Guest House

Hotels:
The Petwood Hotel
The Golf Hotel

Self catering accommodation:
The HideAway

Camping, Caravaning & 'Sky' lodges:
Woodhall Country Park
Petwood Caravan Park

The route has been drafted, but this year will be entirely within Lincolnshire. 
200miles of Lincolnshire's finest roads and quite a few hills! Believe it or not there are some parts we still haven't visited!
We'll also visit some interesting places and invite you to have a real taste of Lincolnshire and sample the local food.

Tastes of Lincolnshire is the marketing campaign for food producers in Lincolnshire. Now, if you do an image search on Google you'll find pictures of food and plenty of pictures of bikes and site members on previous Taste of Lincolnshire rideouts!

Hope to see you on the 6/7th.

Cheers,
Greencat (Chris)

Last edited by greencat on Mon Sep 02 2013, 00:27; edited 4 times in total

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire 2013

Post  prime Sun Sep 08 2013, 20:39

im laughing my head off at the pics. four pics sums up a full weekend perfectly

prime
6Silver
6Silver

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Sun Sep 08 2013, 20:49

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 - Page 5 Dscf9010

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 - Page 5 Dscf9011
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sun Sep 08 2013, 20:58

At least I know my front brake works now.... And that a two up R1 can fooking shift in capable hands!
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 - Page 5 Empty Checking In

Post  Catapulted Sun Sep 08 2013, 21:07

Bit of a late check in from me.   Home in time for lunch and just avoided the rain.

Not been on a "large scale" rideout for a while now so really enjoyed this one.  Great to see some old(er) faces and to meet the new ones too.

Another thanks from me to Chris and Pete for doing all the hard work.

See you all in 3 years time then.Very Happy
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Sep 08 2013, 21:10

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 - Page 5 Dscf9011
Merchandise now too Chris wink thumb up
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Sun Sep 08 2013, 21:36

my prize for lemon/ chip numptyness. its been great and the mug to bring home was an unexpected treat that will bring a smile to my face every time I use it
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Sep 09 2013, 18:16

prime wrote:my prize for lemon/ chip numptyness. its been great and the mug to bring home was an unexpected treat that will bring a smile to my face every time I use it
Well earned.....you see being a numpty has its advantages too Smile
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon Sep 09 2013, 22:20

Well got back home at 12:00 on Sunday.

What a weekend! Thoroughly enjoyed it and must say a big thank you to all who attended and made it 'such fun'.

I must pay tribute to Mechy for not having a sense of humour failure after his bike had a make over. He was very calm and there was hardly any shouting.

I did offer to remove some of the tape prior to the ride-out but he wouldn't hear of it. (I knew it was a colour combination he'd been secretly pining about!) Still, in hind-sight it was a very brave move for him to set off in full pastel decoration on the rideout. He might even have forgotten about it as we rode through the morning in glorious sunshine along fine roads. He probably snapped out of 'the zone' when he realised we were riding down the High Street of his home town on the way to the coffee stop. Very Happy And his humour wasn't improved as we all piled into the local filling station where he knew the woman behind the counter. green smile Then off across country, past the police and emergency response motorcyclists, who must have wondered if they could section him. Maybe it was the hunger as we made our way to the lunch stop, or perhaps it was getting too much for him; but shouting 'It's the Gay Pride Rideout' at an unsuspecting postman as we rode slowly thorough a quite Lincolnshire village showed just how tense things were getting. rofl Anyway, food helped and the afternoon was un-eventful until the tea stop when some of the local youfs decided to have a good look at the bikes. One of 'em said 'That's a sic posse you've got there!' Then he saw Pete's bike and nearly was. hilarious 

During the tea stop there was clearly an appetite in the group to go back and do the Revesby Bends, so off we went; and did them twice. Unfortunately the local knob in a Mitsibushi Evo 8 decided to play with the group. He was the candidate for the numpty award but thankfully isn't part of the group. fuming Still he soon took off when Pete arrived Very Happy It's OK being a dick, but not in that kind of company!

And then it was back to the venue. I thought all opportunities for mirth were over. Sunday morning beckoned and it was time for me to take my medicine Shocked The photos say it all. Even though it was much easier to reverse the bike I'll not be taking to platform shoes again.

So on Sunday morning we saw everyone off and finally left with the 4 guys from Rochdale/Manchester area for a quick blast up the Caistor High Street (now open YaY ) Mark was feeling a little worse for wear so decided to stop at Willingham Woods for a cuppa and show them the local bike meeting spot. Not that busy on a fine sunny Sunday morning, but busy enough when Pete pulls in in full regalia and I realise, subconsciously, I've parked right out side the cafe Don\'t Know I actually though some of the guys were going to go over and speak to him, and not in a nice way. Blokes who had been tucking into tea and a bacon roll stood open mouthed for quite a while. Ahh well, that was going to be the final joke at Pete's expense. But no, there was more....

As we rode into Caistor the rest of the guys stopped for one of them to adjust their luggage. I didn't notice immediately so stopped outside a terrace of houses with the engine running waiting for them. A door opened and a couple came out to see what the noise was and had a good look at the bike. And then at the next 4 bikes, which got approving nods and finger pointing. Pete rolls into view and the pair of them nearly wet themselves laughing. LMAO 

Just how much fun can you have with 5 rolls of pastel pink and lemon electricians tape and 200 Little Kitty stickers? Oh, lots and lots green smile 

So the guys headed off to the motorway and Pete dropped in briefly to my place. Where my 12 year old son nearly pee'd his pants and the wife couldn't stop grinning.

It was a fantastic weekend. The weather was perfect and there were no serious incidents. Apologies to the couple staying in the only room we didn't book on Saturday night - they won't make that mistake again!

Big thanks to Pete for playing 'tail-end Charlie'. The group rode really well together and there were no marking mishaps great 

You'll have seen some ToL merchandise at the event. I have some key-rings and a medium and a large T-shirt left. If anyone's interested then PM me.

Until next time, ride safe and I look forward to catching up with you on another ride-out sometime.

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Wed Sep 11 2013, 11:17

Great write up Chris...

Was a smashing weekend, the roads were just fantastic and blew my expectations! I think this was on par with BC for me as I was at least certain I wasn't going to plunge 500ft of a cliff if I overcooked a corner Shocked 

I must say we had the perfect riding group, everyone was well paced, it seemed to have rubbed off on people, I was impressed with Mr Nutt who has really got to grips with his cat and appeared in my wing mirror on numerous occasions, very confidence inspiring left thumb up

Really enjoyed the evening after the ride, I was saying to Chris (Greencat) it's great how you can just pick up from where you left off with the people on this forum, I see it like we are all great mates and just have a good laugh and share stories (Thanks Chris for the explosive s*** story). I'm really glad to have the opportunity to get together with such a great bunch of people year after year, you're all like a distant family to me Embarassed Cool

Was my first time camping ever as well which I will certainly do again, was a great laugh, thank you Alex for providing all the gear and displaying your expertise "never walk past a toilet without trying" that will stick with me forever hilarious ...and thanks Prime for being a mess and good laugh Laughing 

and lastly thank you Chirs and Pete, the organisation of the whole thing was impeccable right down to providing the laughs! I will certainly be back next year if I can (providing smokey still lives and bankrupt me from oil costs), especially if you throw in that great road again Very Happy

Cheers

Paul
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Sep 11 2013, 12:27

Superb weekend, brill write up chaps, made all the better by the brilliant weather and me having lost my voice lol.

S&T next...

Last edited by ellie on Wed Sep 11 2013, 17:46; edited 1 time in total
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Sep 11 2013, 17:10

Glad everyone had a great weekend, sounds like you all had a blast and no incidents of note. Will be joining you for SnT though not on the bike, just to keep Ross company with his cider antics on the Saturday night. Can't wait to see everyone.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Sep 16 2013, 19:45

Did anyone get a photo of the only 2 thundercats on the ride?

Nearest pic I got to all the group.

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 - Page 5 Null_zps1e547d83

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 - Page 5 Null_zpsb7af8f68
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Mon Sep 16 2013, 20:38

I have some , I'm finishing up my write up so they'll be in there with loads more pics
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5