Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Catlass ! In Memory Weekend/Day

+6
Rosco
ellie
greencat
kwakkat
Big Dave
0ldcat
10 posters

Go down

Our Catlass ! In Memory Weekend/Day Empty Our Catlass ! In Memory Weekend/Day

Post  0ldcat Sat Jul 06 2013, 17:05

READ THREAD click me

Dose anyone from the forum intend going ? . . . . We are (Me and Bea).

If you are coming from daahn saahf  of Watford Gap and need a stop over on way t'up norf . . . (we're at J28 M1), send a PM . . . we have spare rooms (sounds like a mansion huh) . . . if your camping . . a good sized back garden to pitch in, too if you wish.

Cheers green smile 
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Our Catlass ! In Memory Weekend/Day Empty Re: Our Catlass ! In Memory Weekend/Day

Post  Big Dave Sun Jul 07 2013, 23:01

Cheers for that Tel, looking forward to meeting you all
Big Dave
Big Dave

Male Status :

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Our Catlass ! In Memory Weekend/Day Empty Re: Our Catlass ! In Memory Weekend/Day

Post  kwakkat Mon Jul 08 2013, 08:07

yes im going tel but i,l sleep here in stead & leave the tent at home lol what time you thinking of setting out
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Tue Jul 09 2013, 00:23

Hi Tel,
I'll be going too, but will see you there.
What's your ETA and plans for the day?

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Jul 09 2013, 09:47

Hi Pete & Chris,

I plan to be there for mid-day (ish). Because of some residual issues, I'm still not up to an all dayer.
So, sadly it's gonna be a show up, respectfully tip my hat, have a bite to eat and a good look around at what's there, listen to some of Gail's broadcasting bloopers, and have the smile on her behalf she would have liked.
By then I am afraid it will be time for me to make my way home. sad 

I have another organised meet to attend on the Sunday too, so don't wish to be overdoing things.

Cheers
Tel

Last edited by 0ldcat on Tue Jul 09 2013, 19:17; edited 1 time in total
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Jul 09 2013, 11:25

Have a good day folks & ride safely, we're away for the weekend.

Hope the sun stays shining.sunny
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Jul 12 2013, 13:24

kwakkat wrote:yes  im   going tel  but i,l sleep  here in stead  & leave the  tent at home  lol what  time  you  thinking  of  setting  out  
pete
Hi Pete,

Me & Bea plan to leave at 9am. Would that fit in with your plans ? We could either meet at ours, or at the roundabout J28 . . . What you think ?

Google Maps has the journey as 2hours 9mins . . . but it looks like its' gonna be a lovely day, so no need to rush. Both Fred and Me will probably need comfort stops anyway.

Look forward to your reply. You have my mobile . . . don't you ?

Cheers
Tel.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Jul 12 2013, 15:32

Sadly I'm unable to make it due to family commitments.
I hope it goes well.

Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri Jul 12 2013, 19:22

Sadly im unable to come as work is being an arse and we shouldnt have a social life !!!!!!
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Jul 12 2013, 21:17

That's a shame Pete. I shall tip my hat to Gail for you mate, no worries.

Sometimes it's a bugger when your boss interferes with yer social life. sad 

We'll catch up to you at some other time

cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Jul 12 2013, 21:26

meet you at yours tel 9 am fred,s can,t come shoulder still not up to a long run & she will a suffer in this heat also i,l come back with you too make sure your ok cya
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Jul 12 2013, 21:42

OK and thanks.
Shame about Fred, send her our love. Very Happy left thumb up 
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Sat Jul 13 2013, 08:01

Have a good day guys, ride safe.

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Jul 13 2013, 08:25

Change in plans for me I'm afraid. Still going left thumb up  But back in sh1te order grumpy .
Going to have to be a cage day instead . . . bloody typical . . . just look at the weather and road conditions . . . superb if you're onna bike.

Ride Safe those on two wheels everywhere this weekend. great 

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Sat Jul 13 2013, 11:03

have a good safe day everyone.
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Jul 14 2013, 09:26

well  what  a day rode up  in bright sun shine  arrived  
had a radar fresh  salad 1st time  tasting  a  black  pudding  bit  disappointed there  was  not  as  many  there as i thought would  be
 Bea  & Tel arrive  though  the   huge  crown  of  may  be  12  bikes sat  chatting  waiting  for  the  others  to   arrive
 chris  & matt  to arrive  the  duke  went straight into  the  covered  shed  away form  the blazing sun  shine we  don,t  want  the  colour  to  fade  now  do  we  rofl
food ordered chatting  &  listerning  to  Gail talking about her  having  a lesson on  a side  car  race  laughing
 brings  back  memoires of  Gail    
then  the  green  1400 kawk arrived cool  bike  i,l let  some one  other  than  me  to  tell the  story
but  tel  is  now  a  starker of  a  sliver kwak 1400
then  the  heavens opened  a proper Yorkshire  down  pour  
now i have  heard of  the  saying  
Yorkshire born Yorkshire bred strong in  the  arm  thick in  the  head
which  was  proved  beyond a doubt
by  a  lass with  a  brush  & a  Gazbo full of  water  i,l leave you  to  guess the  rest but  i  thought  you were surrposed to  be  wearing  a  Tshirt not  full leathers
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Jul 14 2013, 09:44

Pleased you had a good day & supported Gail.

Well done chaps.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun Jul 14 2013, 23:19

Yep was a good day out. The Dales roads and scenery were stunning - Gail wern't daft!

Met up with Matt (Lonterra) in Bedale market place which was swarming. Ended up parking on the pavement outside the church. Boy was it hot! Fortunately Matt arrived only 5 mins later, on a very shiny blue R6. So shiny in fact his directions that were taped to the tank had parted company somewhere on the A1. There was probably a driver behind him who suddenly got hi-def heads up sat nav instructions to Leyburn!

We got to The Manor Cafe around 12:30. A fine little place tucked at the back of a farm yard. Big long gravel drive up to it - gee thanks! Immediately tucked the bike in a space in the bike shed. Well, rain was forecast and we don't want to get wet. Helmet, jacket and gloves stowed by the bike and off to meet Tel, Bea and Pete who had already nabbed a picnic bench.

They'd gone to some trouble to set up a PA which was playing recordings of Gail's radio shows. It was a bit startling to hear here voice booming out over the courtyard as we arrived. We settled down to some chit-chat and reminiscing about Gail's antics and fun times on rideouts. Then they played Gail's piece on side-car racing where she gets to have a try out at Anglesey. I'd not heard this before. Don't worry, you didn't miss much. For once Gail was mainly silent. Here entire commentary consisted mainly of heavy breathing interspersed with a few expletives and a glorious wail as they accelerated down the home straight! Brilliant and pure Gail.

Food was available and Pete showed the way with a stuffed crust salad with extra black pudding.  There were a dozen to 20 bikes at the place and bike came and went all the time. A particularly verdant green Kawasaki 1400 was parked close to the picnic bench and caught our eye, but then the bald rider helmeted up and took off. Twenty minutes later it was back and parked in exactly the same place. But this time it was grey! Must have been a hell of a spin - the flies must be thick in this part of Yorkshire in the summer! Then he took his helmet off and he had a full head of hair!! Now that's what I call a ride-out. All we could do to stop Tel asking him what route he took rofl 

The weather was getting cloudy when we arrived, but by now it was getting black and then the heavens opened and we quickly retired to the cafe. Boy did it rain! Torrential for a while, but it passed and left the portable gazebo suffering under a weight of water. Pete's already mentioned it, but a biker babe of not dissimilar build to Gail, in full leathers minus helmet, decided this gazebo needed sorting. So, taking a stiff broom (oh err!) promptly announced to everyone 'look out I'm gonna push that water over there'. With a good heave on the handle she prodded the bulging gazebo roof and managed to shift the water. Except that ,about a bath full, escaped out of the side nearest to her and descended all over her. It filled her partially unzipped jacket and then, I think, her boots. But by then I was laughing so much that more details escape me. Other than hearing her curse Gail rofl2 

Tel, Bea and Pete headed off after the entertainment was over. Still grey, but with the roads drying. Matt and I had another cuppa, sat out another brief shower and watched the ride-out head off. Would have been good to join, but it had been a long enough ride up. We left shortly afterwards and took the Leyburn to Ripon road. A great road, and one I remember riding with Gail after a tornado had passed through depositing lots of leaves, pieces of tree and rocks in the road. Unfortunately we were following the rain so met some big puddles, gravel (again!) and got a soaking. But by Ripon the sun was out and from there it was a fine ride home.

I'm glad I went. The ride up and down was great. It was good to meet up with some old friends and chat to others at the venue. A raffle/collection was held for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and £302 was raised. Apparently they are going to organise an annual collection for this cause in Gail's memory. Which I think is an excellent idea.

Thanks to all who organised the event. Gail would have loved to have been there.

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Jul 15 2013, 02:48

Glad to hear it went well.

Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Mon Jul 15 2013, 19:40

Great write up chris,, only you could park straight undercover eh !! glad you had a good rideup and back . wished i could have been there to see you all

Pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Jul 15 2013, 21:55

Glad the event went well
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down