Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bishops Castle 2014 ride discussion

+14
0ldcat
SteveCat
prime
thunderstu600
henry the cat
YZFJohn
Robcat
Snowcat
OhJay
kwakkat
ellie
TT_mark
Cheshirecat
robertcains
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bishops Castle 2014 ride discussion  - Page 2 Empty Bishops Castle 2014 ride discussion

Post  robertcains Mon Jan 13 2014, 19:16

First topic message reminder :

It's been brought to my attention on more than one occasion recently that motorcycle ride organisers of any description may be leaving themselves open to issues due to the law.
I am looking into this with some depth over the next few weeks to see if I need to make any alterations or decisions to the way BC is organised etc.
I can't really engage at this stage into what I may need to do until I've done some serious homework on the subject.
What I can say is that BC 2014 will definitely be taking place so please feel free to book your accommodation.

Due to previous BC rides gaining large numbers I'm having to have a rethink on how big I'm comfortable allowing the group to grow,
The social side on a Saturday was on its limit last year & the Three Tuns have asked me to consider the size of the group if we all wish to eat together too which is a very fair request in my opinion.

I'm hoping nobody takes offence but I'm going to ask forum members to please consider bringing no more than one friend along.

Contravertially I'm also seriously considering that all attendees supply me with some details of emergency contact numbers etc, we have been very fortunate of few incidents but as we know from BC4 that incidents can happen to the best of us, Although the rider that day was a personal friend of mine I still had to rely on him giving me the contact info of his wife at the scene, this is something that had played on my mind since that day & I realise I need to try to cover most situations I can think of, I'm sure I can rely on forum ride members support & will report back on this thread as & when (if) I need to make any amendments.

Above all else let's continue to make the rideouts fun & enjoy ourselves & I really enjoy getting such a fantastic group of friends together.

Nick
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Bishops Castle 2014 ride discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bishops Castle 2014 ride discussion

Post  TT_mark Thu Jan 23 2014, 19:58

Could bring a marquee....

TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Bishops Castle 2014 ride discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bishops Castle 2014 ride discussion

Post  kwakkat Thu Jan 23 2014, 22:23

looks like its bunk up night guys & gals
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Fri Jan 24 2014, 12:32

ellie wrote:This is going to be fun as the three tuns struggles to fit more than 28 peeps in, and we have nearly 30 bikes down already.  Wonder if they'll  build an extension if we ask? lol.

Marquee in the parking lot. Sorted.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Jan 24 2014, 15:37

i don,t mine sleeping 3 to a bed as long as the other 2 are not the same sex as ME  deal 
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Fri Jan 24 2014, 18:07

kwakkat wrote:i don,t mine  sleeping  3 to  a bed as long  as  the other  2  are  not  the  same  sex  as  ME  deal 

I did hear you got a special deal when you booked in at the Boars Head Pete!  girl kiss 
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Jan 24 2014, 18:38

erm i think he said are you a special needs  Shocked 
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Fri Jan 24 2014, 18:44

He told me you were staying upstairs with them pal, Pink Palace strikes again! (Strikes fear lol)  green smile 
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Jan 24 2014, 22:24

I dont mind sharing a room with a few peeps. Only non-snoring, non-farting, Guy Martin look-a-likes need apply. lol!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sat Jan 25 2014, 08:08

ellie wrote:I dont mind sharing a room with a few peeps. Only non-snoring, non-farting, Guy Martin look-a-likes need apply. lol!
I don't think even Guy Martin would qualify in that case!!
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon May 12 2014, 23:12

Okies, After reading the 'Doodson document' in detail I've allowed common sense to prevail as most issues are covered either on here or via the pre ride chat.
It goes without saying that each attendee will be responsible for thier own conduct & safety & to ride within the law.
If anyone wishes to forward via PM their details of next of kin & contact numbers for emergency situations I will respect confidentiality, If peeps prefer not to I also respect their wishes.
Cheers Nick
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue May 13 2014, 09:02

Hi Nick whilst I will be acting as Mike's I.C.E (and vice Versa) and that should cover us I'm happy to PM you my details, makes more sense as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Tue May 13 2014, 11:15

Well nobody wants to know me, being a vagrant & vagabond but will try and find the number for the Devil so he can take me.  violet-lol 
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 31 2014, 15:34

*sneaks in quietly*

'ello you lot - I was tinkering in the garage (bicycles these days!) and after bumping into the Thundercat for the thousandth time I was wondering how you lot were, and when the BC run was. I didn't realise it was next weekend!

I never could bring myself to sell the 'cat but sadly I think she needs a bit more TLC than I can really manage/afford before BC, which probably means that it'll be next year before I get it back on the road. It'll give me a chance to slim back into my leathers too, as I can't really breathe in them at the moment, and means I can spread the work out over the winter and do as much of it myself as possible.

Hopefully see you all in the spring Wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sat May 31 2014, 16:27

Good to hear from you Chris. Glad you didn't sell the 'Cat and you'll be on the road again. My cure for the leather shrinkage problem was to get a larger jacket  Wink 
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  henry the cat Sun Jun 01 2014, 16:42

Hi still hoping to ride down on sat for the ride out but would like some info like what time do I need to be in BC by and where to meet up with you all.And which way will we be heading thanks
henry the cat
henry the cat

Male Status :

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Jun 01 2014, 17:12

if i remember right we leave from out side the boars head at 9 am sat morning
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sun Jun 01 2014, 18:05

Pete is right, leaving BC (fully fuelled) at 9am prompt on Sat morning & heading into Mid Wales
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  henry the cat Sun Jun 01 2014, 18:31

thanks for the info
henry the cat
henry the cat

Male Status :

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Sun Jun 01 2014, 22:30

lol, fully fuelled doesn't get me that far... hope there's ducati style fuel stops built into the route
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sun Jun 01 2014, 23:30

Don't worry Cath, the Z has a tiny fuel tank too & we have a Duke to consider too  hilarious 
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Jun 02 2014, 00:41

And several members have tiny fuel tanks too... So will need toilet stops ;-)
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Jun 02 2014, 07:54

robertcains wrote:Don't worry Cath, the Z has a tiny fuel tank too & we have a Duke to consider too  hilarious 
2 Dukes Nick, my mate is on an 848 as well.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  OhJay Mon Jun 02 2014, 12:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know this is quite a bit North of us but borders Police likely to be out in force and watching bikers a bit closer next weekend?
OhJay
OhJay
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Jun 02 2014, 12:44

Yeah I saw that, tragic Owen
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TT_mark Mon Jun 02 2014, 12:58

I have to say though that north wales police are some of the most scrupulous and strict around. They are also some of the sneakiest with their speed cameras. So I recomend we all do 30 mph all day to be safe. No only joking but for the sake of a good day everyone be more vigilant and look out for each other.
TT_mark
TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 219
Hobbies : Joiner
Humour : loves to ride and fly in helicopters...
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Wed Jun 04 2014, 23:13

Welsh police in general are very strict. I know they have a job to do and most do it well but please, let some peeps have fun as long as it's not excessively. It's a shame as some of them don't comply with the laws themselves but expect and want to punish you even for 5mph over.

On a brighter note, got myself a Gopro 3 black edition. 2 hours of fiddling and learning it, hmm nice toy. Everything's charged and memory cards at the ready for the weekend yey.

thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next