Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

piece of metal needed please

5 posters

Go down

piece of metal needed please Empty piece of metal needed please

Post  prime Thu Apr 17 2014, 14:18

On all my previous bikes I have replaced the meep meep horn with a stebel air horn. Im struggling to fit it to the cat in one piece so I have decided to detatch the compressor from the horn part, locate the compressor in the boot and run an air line to the horn which I am locating near the oem horn. Due to the slight delay as im using the compressor remotely im keeping the oem horn where it is.
what im in need of is a piece of metal 5 inch long, one inch wide and of sufficient rigidity. 1mm up would be good as its not carrying much weight, only the plastic hooter. Size is only rough, I can cut down whatever I can get.
Ill be able to mount both horns from the oe mounting point but im struggling to get a piece of metal.
Does anyone have a piece knocking around I can buy, or have you any suggestions? All I can get is big sheets and thats not needed.
thanks
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

piece of metal needed please Empty Re: piece of metal needed please

Post  Rosco Thu Apr 17 2014, 15:01

I've got my horn (Screaming Banshee) under the seat and it is still very loud.
Krusty has a Steibel (not sure the exact model) and managed to squeeze it behind the side fairings at the seat.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Thu Apr 17 2014, 15:20

First thing that springs to mind is a local ironmongers who sell single mending plates, should set you back a quid.
i.e. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Thu Apr 17 2014, 15:46

Wooster wrote:First thing that springs to mind is a local ironmongers who sell single mending plates, should set you back a quid.
i.e. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thats great, thatd do the job nicely
Cheers mate good idea
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Thu Apr 17 2014, 15:48

Rosco wrote:I've got my horn (Screaming Banshee) under the seat and it is still very loud.
Krusty has a Steibel (not sure the exact model) and managed to squeeze it behind the side fairings at the seat.
ive heard of people putting them under the carbs somewhere but couldnt find anyway to put it under front fairings. Didnt think of side fairings. Think woosters mending plate idea is a winner, should be able to bodge it up nicely with them.
Cheers mate
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Fri Apr 18 2014, 00:12

Drop me a pm with your mobile number and I'll ring you tomorrow, I'll sort you out with something
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue May 13 2014, 17:15

Chris I work for an aluminium & stainless steel stockholder and I can get you any piece of metal you want, cut to size, drilled, folded, whatever.

Give us a bell if you still need may and I will oblige no
Problem.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Tue May 13 2014, 21:14

Thanks mate, im sorted now though pal. I ordered the mending plates as suggested and they were just what I needed. Buggered the horn up though so it was to no avail
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down