Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thundercat Vs Thunderace

4 posters

Go down

Thundercat Vs Thunderace Empty Thundercat Vs Thunderace

Post  MevsyD Thu Jun 11 2009, 22:17

Borrowed a mates Aprilia RSV Mille Factory last weekend and popped about 280 -300 miles on it and to be fair it was astonishing. Easy to ride through busy places but very quick on open road, different riding with it being a V60 but massive fun. One thing that got me was as I was out with all the same guys I normally ride with (they are GSXR1000, RSV1000, Triumph 955i, Fireblade) it was so much less drama on the gears, all off the throttle. One thing I didn't get was the confidence I have on mine, even after that many miles.

Then I got onto the engine thing......Thinking I want something bigger. I just had mine serviced today (8000 miler no valve work needed and shocks and seals etc in great shape) and told that bar the back tyre and front pads it is faultless. I asked the chap that did all the work and he was 'honest' in his appraisal. He said I would be taking a gamble as if I spent two grand or less on a Thunderace I would be taking a risk yet I wouldn't get more than £1400 for mine if I was lucky and I would be giving it away as it's decent......

Anyone ridden one? I would love to know how bigger gamble it is.... (I know i's a small amount of brass to many of you but it's a decent wedge to me at the moment and it is the start of the season...
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Thundercat Vs Thunderace Empty Re: Thundercat Vs Thunderace

Post  0ldcat Thu Jun 11 2009, 22:31

Wild-Kat-Wolf has an Ace as well as a Cat so she is best placed to answer your question on this. Perhaps send a PM for a detailed review.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  tcatcarson Thu Jun 11 2009, 22:33

I think Fi - Wild-Kat-Wolf - has / had both...she'll be along in a minute Very Happy
tcatcarson
tcatcarson
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 216
Hobbies : Teacher, cyclist, runner, photographer, father.
Humour : Just desserts, quick thinking
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.blipfoto.com/leecarson

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Jun 14 2009, 19:00

Well I am now the proud owner of a red and white Thunderace as well as a yellow and silver Cat! Went out on a 200 mile trip to see one today with a couple of fellas that know bikes and the bike was better than expected and the guy selling more accomodating than I expected him to be. Not only did he let me take it for a spin he let the lads have a go too and is putting a full MOT on it before I go collect it. 18000 miles, new exup valve, set of matching leathers that I need to lose about a stone to get into, and pulls like a train.... Plus the bike is in great condition as the guy has garaged it for the last 5 years that he has owned it and there is a bunch of extras like a red light cover, box of spares that were bought off ebay..

Woo Hoo! Two bikes Mevsy is my new mafia name!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Jun 14 2009, 19:09

Nice one ... Um Two Bikes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Twisted Evil
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Mon Jun 15 2009, 22:37

Ooo congratulations MevsyD Very Happy - not sure what happened to my post from the other night - I did a big write up for you about the Ace and it appears to have vanished.... oh well must have pressed the wrong button - sigh!

Hope you have many wonderful, safe miles on it - I love mine.....ENJOY! naughty Just watch it for using a bit more oil than the Cat Wink

Fi great
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down