Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Thundercat - and its only my second post

+5
SteveCat
sir digby
Wooster
mrfrance
andyg1978
9 posters

Go down

RIP Thundercat - and its only my second post Empty RIP Thundercat - and its only my second post

Post  andyg1978 Thu May 01 2014, 15:41

Hi everybody.

As you probably gathered, its only my second post on this forums, and its regretably to let you know that the Thundrcat that I have only owned since February is most likely going to be written off.
Was travelling home 2 weeks ago (was only hte 4th time I had had the bike into work). It was the night of the diesel spil on the Forth Bridge for any Edinburgh/Fife locals on here. Was filtering along the A904, about 2 seconds behind an SV650. A white Mini pulled out from a side street on the left - only looking to her left, the traffic she was joining.
I dont think I even had time to start braking.
Unfortunately, the Cat came off worse than the Mini. It has got damage to both sides of the fairing, the front fairing and the forks are bent. Given its a Y plate, Im just waiting on the engineer to confirm its a write off.

However, from the few time I rode the bike, I really did get to like it. Can see me getting a replacement when this is all sorted out. Onwards and upwards.

Cheers

Andy
andyg1978
andyg1978
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-02-18

Back to top Go down

RIP Thundercat - and its only my second post Empty Re: RIP Thundercat - and its only my second post

Post  mrfrance Thu May 01 2014, 15:54

Sorry to hear about your off Andy... most of all I hope you are ok and uninjured?!

It's a real shame you didn't get the chance to enjoy the cat much, but like you say, onwards and upwards!

Take it easy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

RIP Thundercat - and its only my second post Empty Re: RIP Thundercat - and its only my second post

Post  Wooster Thu May 01 2014, 16:33

As long as you're OK mate, no-one stands much of a chance on a diesel spill.  confused_2 

I was wondering if there were any guides around that listed the likely areas you'd encounter them and found this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Linked to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
...covers it pretty well. Smile
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Thu May 01 2014, 17:48

Unlucky pal sounds like u had no chance glad your ok thats the most important thing the world would be a better place if everyone had to pass a bike test before a car.
Hope its not knocked your confidence there's plenty of cats left so hope u get a cat again because u really have missed out on a great bike I still believe its the best bike ive had the R1 is good but the cat had everything.
Good luck with the insurance bum flufferies.
Cheers mark
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Post  andyg1978 Thu May 01 2014, 20:41

Thanks all

I'm OK which is the main thing - took a right whack in the Dennis Laws where they slammed into the tank but recovering well.
Confidence is a bit knocked, I'm sure it will take me a while to filter again when I get back on the bike - but I will get back on one, and its likely to be a Cat.
andyg1978
andyg1978
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu May 01 2014, 22:32

Ouch on both counts. Sorry to hear of your off and the eye watering after effects. Hopefully the claim will get sorted amicably and you can get back on two wheels fairly quickly.
I hope in time you'll conquer the confidence knock.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri May 02 2014, 07:10

Sorry to hear about the off mate.
Hope you and your 'Haw Maws' get well soon.
Thinking about the letter of the law & Highway Code it's still not easy to 'prove' who was 'at fault'.
If you've corroboration that the driver didn't even look in your direction then that would improve your case.
Highway Code - filtering is mentioned here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
but it is still a grey area when it comes to who is 'at fault' in an insurance claim.
I had experience of an accident (in the car) when I was convinced the other driver was 100% at fault (they changed lanes (to the right, just cutting the corner and not overtaking anything) on a slip road without indicating and obviously without checking their mirrors) but ultimately it came down to my word against theirs and it settled 50/50.
In independent witness or two in your favour would improve your case if you have them.

Hope the insurance sorts out as best it can in your favour, and that you can get back on a cat soon.

Good luck.

Cheers
Rosco

Last edited by Rosco on Fri May 02 2014, 13:01; edited 2 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Fri May 02 2014, 11:44

Good luck with insurance, I had a prang back in Nov with eye witness and it's still ongoing, as for the bike yours will without doubt be a write off, mine is now a cat d write off and all the damage I have is a small crack in nose cone and paint missing, nothing major but to expensive to repair, hope you recover quickly and don't suffer too much
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  andyg1978 Fri May 02 2014, 14:53

Thanks guys - as luck would have it, there was a witness.
I'm still not holding out a huge amount of hope but I was visible and keeping my speed sensible so fingers crossed.
andyg1978
andyg1978
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon May 05 2014, 01:16

Get well soon buddy, there are plenty of bikes out there, but only one you!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Disky Tue May 06 2014, 23:56

I heard about this Andy as it's not far from me, just glad your ok mate
Disky
Disky
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-03-30

http://www.engagedrivertraining.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Disky Tue May 06 2014, 23:57

P.s. If they write it off can I have your clock surround Wink
Disky
Disky
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-03-30

http://www.engagedrivertraining.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  andyg1978 Wed May 07 2014, 07:05

Lol Disky.

Sure we can sort something out, I'll give you a shout when I know what is happening with the bike.
andyg1978
andyg1978
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down