Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BC checkin

+13
Radar
Cheshirecat
OhJay
thunderstu600
YZFJohn
TT_mark
alleycat
prime
weasley
Snowcat
kwakkat
robertcains
MrNutt
17 posters

Go down

BC checkin  Empty BC checkin

Post  MrNutt Sun Jun 08 2014, 12:40

Got in about 20 mins ago, ended up riding back with Paul (weasely ) which was a nice jaunt back in the lovely sunshine!

Big thanks again to nick and Ellie for organising the weekend always runs like clockwork and couldn't happen without both of you working hard to make it a success.

Great to see friends of old an meet new ones as well.

Hopefully see some of you again on the next rideout!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

BC checkin  Empty Re: BC checkin

Post  robertcains Sun Jun 08 2014, 12:50

We're back along with Rich Rich, great weekend, thanks to everyone!
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Jun 08 2014, 12:53

we 2  checking  in s&s great  w/e  even  thou  in  the  crate  good  laugh  great gang  as ever
fred & pete

Last edited by kwakkat on Sun Jun 08 2014, 13:27; edited 1 time in total
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Jun 08 2014, 13:09

Home about 20 minutes ago and incident free, thanks to Nick & Ellie for fantastic organisation (as usual), see you in your dreams Ellie  naughty , thanks to Pete & Fred for Looking after me (when certain friends let me down  fuming ), of course a special thank you to Steve for organising our fantastic accommodation again and of course big shout out to the Foxholes Eco-Cabin massive, peace and love to you all !! clink  great
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sun Jun 08 2014, 13:12

I got home about 12:45. Nice to have company some of the way home!

Another great weekend all round, even the weather couldn't dampen spirits. Plenty more stories to regale at future meets too.

Great work Nick & Ellie, plus the back-marking stalwarts Steve/Pam and Tony/Mandy. We didn't lose one person!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Sun Jun 08 2014, 13:46

Back home now. Big thanks to nick and ellie for the arranging, some brilliant roads chosen, loved it. Thanks to steve for arranging the accomodation and sustenance and thanks to alex and duncan for the breakfasts, stu for helping bringing the harvest in. Ecocabin lot were great enertainment as usual, many laughs were had.   Big apologies to steve for being the filling of a sandwich. Red means stop!
Coulda been worse!  Now to polish that scratch out!

coulda been worse!
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  alleycat Sun Jun 08 2014, 14:37

Me and the old man are back safe and sound, cracking weekend as always and a real credit to the work Nick and Ellie put in to make it happen. Was good to cu all again and despite the dull forecast for the weekend it turned out to be a blinder! (especially in the fog  wink thumb up)
alleycat
alleycat
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 300
Hobbies : Carpenter / mechanics, guitar, mma
Registration date : 2013-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  TT_mark Sun Jun 08 2014, 14:45

Havent really got to check in. But thank you to nick and ellie for yet another great rideout. Thank you steve and pam. Tony and mandy for a great job as tail end charlies. And alex and his dad for the last stint too. It was a great time. Great company and a good laugh. Other than primes mishap on way up a good major incident free. Heres to the next rideout.

P.s. a big thank you to wales. You never disappoint me. Even when weather isnt brilliant the experience of riding round your roads is one of the reasons I love living where I do.
TT_mark
TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 219
Hobbies : Joiner
Humour : loves to ride and fly in helicopters...
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Sun Jun 08 2014, 15:20

Got back about 20mins ago.

Thanks to Nick & Ellie, great weekend.
Also thanks to Steve for organising everything at the Foxholes.

Parted company with Dave Nr Kidiminster and called in at Tony's for a tea before Chris and myself hit the road.

A few events on the way but we survived them all.  The most notable was nearly being took out by a football 11miles from home.

Parted company with Chris at the A47 so he should be nearly home.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Sun Jun 08 2014, 17:50

Been home what seems like ago but thought I'd not worry you and check in.

Thank you Nick and Ellie for organising another fab B.c rideout. Hopefully next year I'll not a) get lost and b) not pretend to be on a tractor lol.
To everyone for keeping us organised front and back well done and thank you. Lovely to meet new and old faces again and finally met the wonderful Pam.

Also a huge thank you to Steve for sorting out accommodation, food and sat nav home.

And last but not least thanks to the ECO cabin posse for 'Grassing' me up to the Mrs. Alls well that ends well.

ooh an I just finished my BFC HMC + VNS HP. Lol
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  OhJay Sun Jun 08 2014, 18:17

Got home about 3:45, thanks again Mark for the route avoiding Shrewsbury, we came back the same way we went it was that good Smile
Asda closes at 4:00 and we couldn't be arsed to cook so jumped straight in the car to get pizza and wine (for reference: bike boots are S**** for driving in  violet-lol )
Washed the bikes
Pizza's in the oven, glass of wine in hand, life is good

Thank you Nick and Ellie for organising, thank you Radar and Steve for back marking, and thank you absolutely EVERYBODY for making another wonderful, amazing fun weekend.

I'll upload the route from my phone and post it on here. It's not quite got it all but I've been a pseudo beta tester for the app for a while, I'm in contact with the MD/founder of the app I used to record the route so I'll let him know what happened (Ellie accused me of being a techno geek, I can't deny that accusation)
OhJay
OhJay
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Sun Jun 08 2014, 19:09

Evening all, I got home at about 3pm after a detour around Wales, covered the first part of yesterday's route to Bala and it was even better in the dry without the fog, thanks to everyone for making it a fantastic weekend, it's a privilege I'll never take for granted being part of this great forum!!!
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun Jun 08 2014, 20:17

Home several hours ago, but forgot to check in.

Had good run back to Kidderminster with Chris, John and Dave in tow. Chris and John popped for a cuppa too

Thanks to Nick and Ellie as always, Steve and Pam for superb work at the back of the pack and prime for making the nominations so easy for the awards!

BC6 ' The Foggy One'.

Awesome weekend

Here's to BC7!!

PS. Could anybody you has pics email a selection to me for the review. I only got a few before my camera died. PM me and I will send you my email addy. Cheers!!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Sun Jun 08 2014, 20:21

Will try and do some screen shots from the video of the Green Laning for you.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun Jun 08 2014, 20:33

Cheers John!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Jun 08 2014, 20:57

Pam and I got home 5:45.

Great to meet up with everyone once again and see new folk, glad you made the ride Henry the Cat (Les).

Our thanks to Nick and Ellie, to co tail enders Tony, Mandy, Alex and Duncan.

A big thanks also goes to the Eco Cabin Massive, Alex and Duncan for the superb catering and to everyone for pitching in and cleaning up under Head Janitor, John. It is really appreciated and ensures we are welcome back again. Wendy and hubby were in very good form this morning and are very happy to see us back next year, she said she has had some bad experiences with bike groups before. They were particularly impressed with our grocery delivery and have offered to accept and sign for the order if it arrives before we do in future.
I am pleased I hadn't either over or under ordered, must admit I was very surprised at the number of beers that were left over, fully expecting them to be the first to go.
Also The Massive managed to sweep the board on the awards, taking every category.

Our apologies for not saying goodbye to everyone, most had gone by the time we got down to The Boars Head this morning. We had booked a taxi and was expecting to leave from the Three Tuns last night, when I called to change the pickup the guy said he can collect us straight away (2 minute warning) and didn't have a chance to interrupt the TT and say our goodbyes.

A good weekend, thank you everyone for making it so enjoyable.

Pam & Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun Jun 08 2014, 23:31

Hi All,

Late sign-in here. Got home about 6:30 about 30 mins before a big thunderstorm. Think BC 6am Sat morning thunderstorm!

First thanks to Nick and Ellie for organising yet another cracking rideout. The lunch stop was beautiful, the weather (as others have said) didn't dampen the spirits, in fact letting up for the second half  sunny  just meant we appreciated the roads all the more - Wales is awesome! The fog was a nice touch. Apparently a black bike and leathers is good in a white out Shocked 

Tail-enders you need a special mention too. Thanks for your hard work and being  that essential part of the marking system that means the group stays together. Some of you are a rideout short of a medal.  medal4 

Personal thanks now to the ride-in group: Kev, Steve, Chris and Mark. Your 'up close and intimate' incident happened before I joined you. So please to hear you were all sharing the same bunk..... house. Thanks for letting me tag along. Glad Kev missed the turning up to the Horseshoe Pass - now I''m no longer in a club of one.  blind Steve was your mate screaming when he left BC? Have a chat and let him know we're really not that scary. I'll have a word with Ellie about the make-up!  Shocked  nonofinger 

Great to meet up with everyone again. It's amazing just how far some folk travel to join in the fun. Must be the L'Oreal rideout - 'because it's worth it'. Lovely chatting, re-living the rideouts past and present and sinking some beers.  Guinness Thanks too to The Boar's Head and the Three Tuns. Great venues.

I headed back with Dave (Mr Nutt), YZFJohn and Tony and Mandy. Thanks for the cuppa a Radar's gaff and the tour of the Kiddiminster Motorcycle Museum :-) I'm rather taken by your Duke Tony. You need to get over to Lincs on it for a swappsy?  fnarfnar Radar led to Kiddiminster and John led all the way to Lincolnshire. Thanks guys, it made the journey home much quicker and less stressful. Might need to invest in one of those sat nav thingy-ma-bobs (or just rely on mates).  great 

Took a leisurely route up through Lincolnshire. Stopped at Stamford and bumped into a Speed Triple rider. Had a good long natter and found out he's from RAF Wittering nearly did the RAF track day Ellie's brother told the group about and may have seen YZFJohn's 636 about Wittering. Small world. Guy's name was Andy - if you made it to the site - welcome. Enjoy the write ups. Also stopped at Willingham Woods, but the bike attracted no admiring glances at all on account of it was still wearing a large part of Wales. Cleaning is going to take some time.  sad 

Thanks to all for making it a memorable weekend. Look forward to doing it again.

Chris

Here are few things that made me smile this weekend:
Mr M&M in BC clutching his cuddly M&M's
The disabled scooter leading the stragglers up the road to The Boar's Head and no one daring to overtake
Claire telling the story of Rich falling down the embankment
A Fuel Spillage sign on the road side (don't see one of those often) and then round the next bend finding the road covered in horse shit
Another sign outside The Cock Inn 'Huge beer festival'. Double take required there.
Two police cars going in the opposite direction on the A483  Cool 

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Jun 08 2014, 23:44

Just got in after dumping 2 filthy bikes in the garage, getting changed, walking a mile to the proact stadium to watch Tinnie Tempah, walking 1 1/2 miles back and now We're knackered but watching the Canadian Grand Prix!

Superb weekend but it's what it is due to the people that attend, great food, great company, great roads. Shan't mention the weather!

If anyone wants to put positive reports on trip advisor for the pubs it B&B's, in sure the owners would really appreciate it.

Thanks to the TEC's and especially Nick, I know how much thought and worry goes into it.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Mon Jun 09 2014, 20:11

Sorry for the late check in (better late than never!) arrived home at 16:30 a very tired man!

Had a cracking weekend as always and loved the pan on those roads Smile

Love catching up with the forum family, such a great atmosphere, great people, roads and banter.

Thanks Nick and Ellie for your superb organsiation skills and many thanks to the ever so patient tail ends.....

Always hate the goodbyes, makes me feel sad, but here's to the next one! I might be able to make another one this year yet Smile look forward to seeing you all.
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down