Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shocking and dangerous

+5
mechy69
ellie
Rosco
robertcains
sir digby
9 posters

Go down

shocking and dangerous Empty shocking and dangerous

Post  sir digby Thu Jun 26 2014, 22:05

Iam absolutely raving tonight after cleaning my bike today I noticed the back brake disc was not looking good at all so I went down to my mates workshop and we took the caliper off to see what the problem was only to find that the inside pad had been put in the wrong way round.
I never use the rear brakes really and I dread to think what could of happened in a emergency stop I could of been killed.
When I bought the bike from jax motorcycles in york they gave it a full service and m.o.t so how can this happen iam going in tomorrow and ill be lucky not to slap the owner all over the showroom the disc has had it and the pads he will be paying for it but I wouldn't trust them with my wheelbarrow so it will get done somewhere else at his expense .if he doesn't a call to vosa or the local paper should change his mind.
Any one had something like this happen to them I would love to know your stories and advice because iam ready to kill someone I need to chill out
Yours angrily
Mark
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

shocking and dangerous Empty Re: shocking and dangerous

Post  robertcains Thu Jun 26 2014, 22:41

Unbelievable!
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Jun 27 2014, 09:51

That is a basic MOT check.
Scary and shocking.

Good luck with sorting it all out.

Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Jun 27 2014, 16:56

Hope you've got sorted, let us know how you got on.

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri Jun 27 2014, 19:55

Bloody hell that is a shocking error, bearing in mind it would be road tested as well
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Mon Jun 30 2014, 10:02

Right ok then I got the bike 2 months ago with a years m.o.t and a full service part of which was ment to be a test ride by an experienced rider.Anyway went in saturday walked straight up to the owner and said we need a word he was serving a customer but I said now so he could tell I was not happy after he firstly tried to wriggle out of it after raising my voice in the middle of the shop about the death trap he sold me he soon backed down so iam getting a new ebc rear disc and pads I wanted a genuine yamaha but he wouldn't play ball.He has been told to personally look over the bike and ill be taking something for him to sign to say that the bike is 100% road worthy as its booked in to befully inspected next Monday by a motorbike engineer and if he finds anything he will be getting a bill for any work and ill be contacting vosa about the dangerous bikes he sends outSo next Saturday morning its booked in lets hope they get it right. 
Cheers
mark
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Mon Jun 30 2014, 19:02

Ok another update been advised that because it is a genuine yamaha brake disc that they have wrecked I should insist on a genuine part as replacement which makes sense if I destroyed something of my customers while I was working and I just went to b and q and got them a cheap thing they wouldn't be happy so today I went to 2 local dealer bike shops and asked there advice both told me to insist on a genuine yamaha brake disc but dont worry about the pads as they will of been changed over the years anyway I then rang trading standards told them and they say in the resale of goods act 1971 he must replace it with like for like.So went back in told the owner of jax motorcycles of york who said no iam not buying you one and walked off I told him this is your last chance before I take this further ie trading standards, vosa, local press and solicitors he said try it and drove off I wanted to kill the little tw@t but I didn't touch him gunna have to do this the hard way iam pissed off took me 2 years to save for this bike and for a trader a yamaha dealer to treat a customer after he has endangered my rooting life for 2 months in this day n age is shocking iam going to do everything in my power to put anyone off this shocking twats shop.
Pissed off
Mark
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Jun 30 2014, 19:16

How old is the bike Mark?
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jun 30 2014, 19:22

Yamaha UK might be 'interested' in hearing about what their Premier dealerships are up to.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Mon Jun 30 2014, 20:10

SteveCat wrote:Yamaha UK might be 'interested' in hearing about what their Premier dealerships are up to.
 ditto what he said 
If he is a genuine Yamaha franchise then Yamaha UK would very much like to hear from you. I am confident they (Yamaha UK), do not wish to have their good name sullied by a rouge trader.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Tue Jul 01 2014, 00:22

Ok its a 05 plate R1 5pw it had 12000 miles on it when I got it and ive done just over 1500 miles on it since iam not sure if he is a genuine yamaha dealer but he does make it sound like it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Iam getting stressed about this now iam trying to run a business and ive already wasted a day sorting all this out and now tomorrow ive got to ring trading standards back and tell them he wont change it like for like as they told me he has to also ring vosa tell them whats happened after all he has sold me a bike in a dangerous condition and he is still m.o.ting bikes there so if I save one persons life it will be worth it and I think a call to yamaha uk will be needed as hes trying to replace his mistake with a cheaper aftermarket part and in there handbooks it always says use genuine yamaha parts and then ill have to think about a solicitor too I suppose. iam on a R1 forum and all the guys on it are rallying behind me and are offering to bombard him on all social networks telling him what shocking and dangerous standards he has and poor customer service but not sure if this is a good idea it might work better if they sent it to yamaha uk but I just dont know
Cheers mark
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue Jul 01 2014, 03:55

Hi Mark,
I think it's easy to be angry & upset about these things (I'd be livid, especially if it was on the wife's bike) & without a doubt I'd be going in all guns blazing.
Probably the shop owners reaction is the key here, if he got defensive & arsey then I'd be wanting some justice like yourself.
I think the offer he made to you to replace the discs & pads with EBC was a fair one (plus a grovelling apology!)
Because it's the rear brake I think I would have accepted his offer as it's going to be as good as new, if it was the front discs I'd probably be wanting a little more, I think what I'm trying to say is maybe it's not worth losing sleep over (it's happened & nothing can change that) & getting stressed isn't helping you or your business.
Summing up the shop has made a very big mistake, the new disc will probably be an improvement over the original & there could even be an argument over 'betterment'
I had a crap dealing with Bridgestone a few years back & my payback to them is I will never use them again & am happy to point that out on any forums or over a cuppa in a bike cafe etc, it's the bike shops reputation that will be hit & that's a fair karma in my eyes.
Good luck with whatever you decide mate, (just trying to give a flip side to some of the other opinions)
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Jul 01 2014, 09:41

Mark, the website says Premier Dealer, so yeah a franchise.

The like for like replacement worries me a bit though, means they put an original Yamaha disc on, but it doesn't have to be new (similar age / mileage ).
I'd also be livid, but I'd rather go with a new EBC than a potentially unknown used genuine disc.

Doesn't get away from the fact they missed the fault in the MOT.

Hope you get it sorted without too much agro.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Wed Jul 02 2014, 15:39

Ok todays update yesterday rang trading standards, yamaha uk and vosa then yesterday evening I get a grovelling phone call off the owner saying he had a bad day blaa blaa blaa ok then I said you pick the bike up do the work and it goes no further so bikes in the shop now hopefully this is the end of it and if it isn't iam just gunna lamp the useless tw@t now had enough. I just wonder if yamaha rang him hope it was.
Cheers 
Mark
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Jul 02 2014, 16:06

I hope it is sorted in the next day or so.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Jul 02 2014, 17:32

Trading Standards, VOSA or Yamaha UK, all or any one of those calling a business and growling would be a powerful warning to get things right.

Hope your woes come to a satisfactory conclusion. But if not, don't lower your self to his poor standards. Initiating physical retribution will only serve to get you in trouble with the law and possibly a stripy sun tan [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Just go back to TS, VOSA and Yam UK and perhaps a solicitor.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Wed Jul 02 2014, 20:42

Been an interesting read this, glad it's finally getting sorted Mark and sorry you've had to deal with this, although I think a lot can be learnt from your experience as a lot of people probably wouldn't know where to start (myself included) in dealing with a situation like this.

Fingers crossed it's all done properly this time.

Paul
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Sat Jul 05 2014, 23:42

Good luck with getting this sorted.

Unfortunately there are far too many incompetents out there in motorcycle dealer land.

Quite frankly I don't trust any of the ****ers an inch, and after too many "incidents" (chains too tight, oil not up to level etc.) I now always check, as far as possible, any work they claim to have done before I even ride off.

But then I'm a qualified time served mech eng with many years' experience of bikes, so I'm confident that I can make the right call as to what is, and what is not, acceptable, and argue the case if necessary. But how the **** is your average rider to know that the bike they're riding round on, that's apparently been given a clean bill of health by a "reputable" dealer, may actually be a potential death trap?

The only answer I can come up with is either get the tools and a manual and do the job yourself, or find a good local independent mechy via local recommendation.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down