Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mac - Arrival / Routes / Food & Drink (attendees input required please)

+4
Wooster
SteveCat
terry lees
Rosco
8 posters

Go down

Big Mac - Arrival / Routes / Food & Drink  (attendees input required please) Empty Big Mac - Arrival / Routes / Food & Drink (attendees input required please)

Post  Rosco Wed Jul 22 2015, 12:03

Hi All

Arrival
Hostel stayers - We can check in at the hostel from 5pm on the Friday. (Tom is expecting us and remembers us from the last time (I think / hope that is a good thing))

Routes
Saturday Route is UP and OVER the top. This is most likely be our longest day and most miles.
Sunday Route is DOWN and WEST COAST / Applecross.

Food & Drink
For those of you staying at the hostel - Food & Drink at the hostel is included (until we've spent our budget)
For those of you NOT staying at the hostel you are welcome to dine/apertif with the hostellers but you'll need to advise in advance so that supplies can be bought and you'll need make a fair contribution to the pot.

Breakfast - Just the usual Fry-Ups I expect.

Friday Night - Pizzas, Wedges & Dips & liquid refreshments on Friday night (any other suggestions)

Saturday Night - I've tried to book the SeaForth (highly rated pub / restaurant a stones throw from the hostel) but they operate a waiting list.
They serve food until 10PM so we will just turn up when folks get ready after we return on Saturday night.
They may or may not be able to seat 20 of us together depending on how busy they are / how long we wish to wait.
Few drinks in the pub and then retire to the hostel.

Sunday Night - Any Special Requests / Volunteers?? - (Possible "easy" meals might be curry(s), rice, naan; spaghetti bolognese , garlic bread)

Over to you for apertif requests (lager / cider / ales / guiness / wine / vodka / cola etc.) Please only tell me if you are actually going to drink it though;)

We can be food / drink shopping on Saturday / Sunday to top up where required - rather do it this way that be buying far too much.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Big Mac - Arrival / Routes / Food & Drink  (attendees input required please) Empty Re: Big Mac - Arrival / Routes / Food & Drink (attendees input required please)

Post  terry lees Wed Jul 22 2015, 15:18

Usual question, does the hostel provide towels sheets etc.?
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Big Mac - Arrival / Routes / Food & Drink  (attendees input required please) Empty Re: Big Mac - Arrival / Routes / Food & Drink (attendees input required please)

Post  Rosco Thu Jul 23 2015, 17:22

Me might get towels with a couple of the rooms but I'm sure all bedding is provided.

I've asked the specific question and will let you know for sure.

Any liquid refreshment or food requests?

So far I'm at

Smirnoff
Craft beer (whatever is on special)
Lager (whatever is on special)
Fruity ciders (whatever is on special)
Tonic (not slimline)
Irn Bru
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Jul 23 2015, 18:33

What about some Don Simone?
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Jul 23 2015, 20:00

I could make a detour from the Alps to Spain to get some Tes Wink

This the one you after

Big Mac - Arrival / Routes / Food & Drink  (attendees input required please) 8410261271224
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Thu Jul 23 2015, 20:03

Is that for topping up the radiator? green smile
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Jul 23 2015, 21:41

That's the baby Stevo.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Jul 23 2015, 22:23

Wooster wrote:Is that for topping up the radiator? Laughing

You could say that, yes
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillybaby Thu Jul 23 2015, 23:11

The craft beers & fruity ciders sound good. Would just add a request for some diet (sugar free) soft drinks.

Food plan sounds fine too Very Happy
Gillybaby
Gillybaby
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Jul 27 2015, 13:30

terry lees wrote:Usual question, does the hostel provide towels sheets etc.?

All bedding is provided.

The lucky ones staying in the private rooms get free towel hire everyone else has to bring their own or pay £2 to hire one.

The lucky ones are the couples (Rob&Linz) & (Ian&Gill) and the golden oldies (that's Terry, Christian and Tim (who took Euan's place) ).

The plebs (self -included) will have to bring their own or stump up £2 to hire one.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Mon Jul 27 2015, 14:20

Is it just me, Linz and Euan at your on Thursday Ross?
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Jul 27 2015, 17:37

Panzerbuilder wrote:Is it just me, Linz and Euan at your on Thursday Ross?

Yep - Party time
It is young Ewan and not old Euan so I'm sure it'll be much more fun Wink

We'll probably need to watch one of Ewan's films so remember your popcorn.

I hope to be at home (working from home) but if not then Tracey will be home just after 6:30pm.

Chris and possibly Lee might meet us on Friday morning.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Jul 27 2015, 21:01

Have a super duper & safe time chaps and chapesses

See y'all at TOL

Ellie x
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  tcatcarson Fri Jul 31 2015, 14:54

After a sort of false start Greencat Chris and I are camped at Tyndrum and waiting for Ross / the rain to stop / anyone else to happen along...
tcatcarson
tcatcarson
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 216
Hobbies : Teacher, cyclist, runner, photographer, father.
Humour : Just desserts, quick thinking
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.blipfoto.com/leecarson

Back to top Go down