Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SnT check in

+9
Bob Richardson
Rosco
Krusty
SteveCat
Robcat
yamahamad
Gillybaby
billyw
Dirt Bike Dave
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ThumbsUp SnT check in

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sun Sep 25 2016, 16:59

Got home back of 4. Great ride home with Billy, Ian,Gill and Ross.
Fantastic weekend cheers Terry for organising and leading us on some superb roads.
Cheers Billy for TEC duties.
Soon to be BOS3 is apparently feeling better after a full tank of PETROL and some redex.
As there is no definite proof that mr Barbour put diesel in it we cannot officially nominate a numpty point for it.
Great to finally meet Paul( yamahamad)
Great to catch up with everybody else.
See you all on the next one.
Cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

ThumbsUp Re: SnT check in

Post  billyw Sun Sep 25 2016, 17:03

Thanks to Terry and all for a belting weekend, head now beginning to clear from the fumes - thanks Ross.

Apologies to Paul for my snoring.

Great time and roads.

Cheers
Billy
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillybaby Sun Sep 25 2016, 17:34

I'll echo what has been said above, thanks all for a great weekend and Terry for organising everything...including the dry weather, pity his touch ran out on the way home Laughing

Gillybaby
Gillybaby
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Sep 25 2016, 19:56

Got back home before 12 & in time to grab & shower & sandwich & get to the pub in time for the moto gp. Fairly uneventful ride back but torrential rain literally less than a mile from home.

Thanks terry for organising & cracking weekend. Was great to see old friends & meet some new ones.

Paul
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Sun Sep 25 2016, 20:38

Fumes from Ross's bike, obviously not burning oil like a recent bike of his. Has he a diesel car by any chance?

Home by 11 this morning and back in bed by 11:20 for another kip and out at 2 with being woken up by Ewan wanting a drink.
Good route chosen by Terry, which helped the tyres being worn more on the sides than in the middle, just makes them better value for money. Always a pleasure to ride with the old brigade, as you always learn that little bit more while following them. Steve, Ian and Gill looked more comfortable round corners than I've ever seen them before
Good to see the mad Yamaha ( Luap) and his stunning looking thundercat, even with 27k on the clock.

Thanks all for a good weekend.

Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 519
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Sep 26 2016, 09:30

Got home just after 3, had the usual fight with the satnav but this time it was right - turned onto the M1 too early but the route back to right was worth it. Had some rain and the obligatory stationary queues on the M25 but was able to make light work of it. It was only when I had sat down at home I realised just how tired I was. Was looking for my glasses last night, couldn't find them anywhere and then the penny dropped, I called Saffron who confirmed I had indeed left them on the table wall "We've got them here so you can pop in anytime" err that'll be next year Shocked

Thanks Terry for a fantastic weekend, both days were cracking - thoroughly enjoyed it , Billy thanks for being TEC and to everyone for making it a great weekend both on the road and off
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Krusty Mon Sep 26 2016, 10:55

Back home mid afternoon after a brief pub stop Smile Thanks all for a great weekend - great to be on two wheels again Smile Now where's that Wee Mac signup page...
Krusty
Krusty
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Sep 26 2016, 13:35

Great weekend thanks for organising us Tez.
I don't think I put diesel in it either Dave.
That would just be stupid and we'll never really know.
The craic was great as usual.
Great to see friends old, new and very old.

Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

ThumbsUp SnT

Post  Bob Richardson Mon Sep 26 2016, 15:41

Peter and i set of to Buxton speedway A1 wrong road. Should have been on the M1. Found the speedway around 3 o'clock no bikes banger cars than my throttle cable broke stripped off the lever used vice grips on the cable than stopped on the M6 for 1 hour got home in the rain at 8.15 . Good weekend but did a few things wrong thanks Terry
Bob Richardson
Bob Richardson
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 26
Hobbies : motorcycling Beer
Humour : dry
Registration date : 2013-08-21

http://rer43@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Mon Sep 26 2016, 18:59

Rosco wrote:
I don't think I put diesel in it either Dave.
That would just be stupid and we'll never really know.

If it runs like diesel, smells like diesel and smokes like it's half full of diesel...it's probably not running on super-unleaded.  pmsl

The truth is out there....

SteveCat wrote:
I was. Was looking for my glasses last night, couldn't find them anywhere and then the penny dropped, I called Saffron who confirmed I had indeed left them on the table  wall "We've got them here so you can pop in anytime" err that'll be next year  Shocked

You could get them to post them down but given how long it took them to prepare the food you might be quicker just collecting them next year... Smile

Great to meet some new faces in Paul, Paul, Paul, Mrs Paul and Mini-Paul (AKA Charlie).

Thanks to everyone for another great weekend, especially Terry for organising and picking some cracking routes on both days. Extra thanks for some great routes go to Bob and Pete for getting us to Devil's Bridge after a slight navigation malfunction by Bob. And Dave/Ross for some cracking routes back home. No idea what roads we were on but some of them were great. Smile

Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. Which was lucky considering I spent most of this afternoon trying to fix a faulty toilet (not a euphemism)....
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Mon Sep 26 2016, 21:35

Thanks for a wonderful turnout everyone, I enjoyed it as much as you guys. As briefly discussed in the Indian on Sat, night, everyone seemed to be of the opinion that we should use the same venue next year. As I have previously stated its not that easy finding accom. in the north of England in Sept. due to the lamb sales that occur in just about every market town up here. It can't be the week of the 23rd next year as my son gets married that weekend so lets make a definite date for the weekend before- Sat the 16th it gives everyone a year to plan their activities. Thanks to all for making it a fantastic weekend.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Sep 26 2016, 21:36

FatCat wrote:You could get them to post them down but given how long it took them to prepare the food you might be quicker just collecting them next year...

I was wondering about that Ian, to top it all the chef answered the phone. I'd probably have gotten used to the glasses I'm supposed to wear by the time my tatty ol' favourite arrives.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Sep 27 2016, 13:55

PS to my post of yesterday re not 23rd but 14th if anybody feels strongly that it should be the weekend of the 30th that's fine by me.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Oct 04 2016, 22:28

SteveCat wrote:
FatCat wrote:You could get them to post them down but given how long it took them to prepare the food you might be quicker just collecting them next year...

I was wondering about that Ian, to top it all the chef answered the phone. I'd probably have gotten used to the glasses I'm supposed to wear by the time my tatty ol' favourite arrives.

An envelope arrived today with my glasses, took a while, but I was away a few days. I didn't have pay postage as long as I went there again next time I'm in Leyburn.

Have to say I can see far better with them than the supposed new ones I have (from 2 years back), sorry Specsavers you didn't get it right!
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Tue Oct 04 2016, 23:03

SteveCat wrote:
SteveCat wrote:

An envelope arrived today with my glasses, took a while, but I was away a few days. I didn't have pay postage as long as I went there again next time I'm in Leyburn.

Have to say I can see far better with them than the supposed new ones  I have (from 2 years back), sorry Specsavers you didn't get it right!

And I had just assumed our local rep in that area would have looked after collecting them and delivering them to your door. Terry, what happened? Smile

At least you can see again Steve, comes in handy during the day job. I'm going to blame a spectacle malfunction when checking my rear tyre before a run to Glencoe on Sunday. I'm sure it was fine when I left but didn't look so good when washing the bike on Monday..... confused_2
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Oct 04 2016, 23:20

FatCat wrote:
SteveCat wrote:
SteveCat wrote:

Have to say I can see far better with them than the supposed new ones  I have (from 2 years back), sorry Specsavers you didn't get it right!

And I had just assumed our local rep in that area would have looked after collecting them and delivering them to your door. Terry, what happened? Smile

At least you can see again Steve, comes in handy during the day job. I'm going to blame a spectacle malfunction when checking my rear tyre before a run to Glencoe on Sunday. I'm sure it was fine when I left but didn't look so good when washing the bike on Monday..... confused_2

Don't worry Ian there's been worse on an actual rideout...not mentioning any names...Mr Eddie.... lachen

Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Tue Oct 04 2016, 23:28

Aye - I remember another person with a tyre that looked worse after he got back from BigMac in Ullapool last year. I won't name any names or mention he has a lovely white Panigale 899... Wink

On the plus side, it was a cracking day after we got out of the low cloud in the Clyde valley which was keeping the temps around 6 degrees in the morning. Turned lovely later on as we headed north.... Smile

I'm sure Gill's got a better picture as she took her camera. This was taken with my phone.
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Tue Oct 04 2016, 23:48

Great pic Ian...will be heading thru there thurs/friday..heading for drymen, dukes pass then A86 and camping overnight near Mallaig with a few work buddies and a certain diesel thundercat rider.. Shocked weather forecast is good but night need some extra thermals for the tent...huge fire planned and we have a service vehicle bringing supplies...wink thumb up
Will pass through Glencoe at some point.. great

Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Wed Oct 05 2016, 00:01

Sounds like a cracking trip, I hope the weather is good but I'm sure the fire will be needed. Smile

Is the service vehicle taking extra diesel for those who need it?
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Wed Oct 05 2016, 00:11

Haha service vehicle will have food, disposable bbq's, some logs, loads of beer and might clink a bit as well.. Cool
I believe its a diesel Landy so plenty diesel to spare incase someone decides to continue with their addiction..
You both are more than welcome to join us if you have a tent, and can meet us at Balloch/Drymen between 9-10 thursday morning..
Very Happy

Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Wed Oct 05 2016, 00:17

Thanks Dave, have a tent and would have loved to but sadly we're both working. And my rear tyre may not be up to the challenge.  green smile

Have a cracker though!
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:13

And i though I liked getting my monies worth out a tyre Ian.

Glad you got your bins back Steve.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:45

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Haha  service vehicle will have food, disposable bbq's, some logs, loads of beer  and might clink a bit as well.. Cool
I believe its a diesel Landy so plenty diesel to spare incase someone decides to continue with their addiction..
You both are more than welcome to join us if you have a tent, and can meet us at Balloch/Drymen between 9-10 thursday morning..
Very Happy

Since you're in the area, have you been out to Stronachlachar on the bike? (Straight through Aberfoyle, past Loch Ard and Loch Chon, take a right at the end of the road.)
It's a smashing wee rollercoaster of a road in places and there's a tea room at Stronachlachar itself, or you can head to Inversnaid and have a bite at the hotel.

If you're feeling brave you can see if the 'road' from Stronachlachar up round the top of Loch Katrine and down to the Visitors Centre at the bottom of it is navigable.
(People do it on bicycles, but the last time I tried it (starting at the visitors centre) the 'road' got a bit too shoogly for my old bike and I was running the danger of bits falling off.) Very Happy
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Thu Oct 06 2016, 13:49

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:

Don't worry Ian there's been worse on an actual rideout...not mentioning any names...Mr Eddie.... lachen

If the metals not showing, you're not getting your moneys worth I say ;-)

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Thu Oct 06 2016, 15:33

FatCat wrote: Turned lovely later on as we headed north.... Smile

I'm sure Gill's got a better picture as she took her camera. This was taken with my phone.

The Buachaille was wearing a natty wig this morning.

Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next