Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photobucket

4 posters

Go down

Photobucket Empty Photobucket

Post  bobh Fri Feb 17 2017, 22:39

I guess a few people here use Photobucket.

In the last week or so all the photos that were on there (about 100, at a guess) have been deleted somehow (not by me). The odd thing is that all the albums, about 20) are still there, with the correct number of photos in each shown, and the total storage usage is still at about 19% (300 MB) as it was before. I'd have thought if the pix had genuinely been deleted then those numbers would have changed.

One possibility is that they've done a server migration and some of the internal addresses have got garbled, but who knows?

Photobucket insist that they never delete your photos, and it can only be done by the holder of the account or someone who's accessed it (i.e. if it's been hacked). They advise changing the password, but in fact I decided to just close the account. I was getting fed up with them anyway, because all the ads and trackers were slowing it down to a crawl. I'm a bit surprised I haven't had any contact from them - usually if you close an account with someone you'll get an e-mail asking why.

I haven't actually lost any photos, as I have them all on my desktop, and backed up on a separate disc drive. I've now opened an account with Postimage, which is specifically tailored for links to forums etc. and seems to do the job fine.

I just wondered if anyone else has encountered a similar issue?
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Photobucket Empty Re: Photobucket

Post  yamahamad Sat Feb 18 2017, 23:19

Not had a problem but might have a look at post image to see if it would be quicker to use. Thanks.

Paul
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sun Feb 19 2017, 11:48

I use Imageshack for the odd image I post, no account required.
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  dudeofrude Sun Feb 19 2017, 14:32

I hate photo bucket. It's almost imossible to use on a phone or tablet, just full of full page adverts and links to virus riddled websites
dudeofrude
dudeofrude
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 426
Hobbies : Gym, Tattoos, Ps4
Humour : Sick, Sarcastic
Registration date : 2014-07-08

http://www.abstract-tattoos.com

Back to top Go down