Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wee Mac 2018 SIGN UP - May 4th -> May 7th - Selkirk (Rideout over TWO days)

+8
Panzerbuilder
SteveCat
Wooster
FatCat
Robcat
JamBerryKing
Radar
Rosco
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wee Mac 2018 SIGN UP -  May 4th -> May 7th - Selkirk (Rideout over TWO days) Empty Wee Mac 2018 SIGN UP - May 4th -> May 7th - Selkirk (Rideout over TWO days)

Post  Rosco Tue May 23 2017, 23:26

Hi All

In a bizarre moment of organisation I've provisionally booked Broadmeadows House in Yarrrowford just outside Selkirk again since Wee Mac 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 were brilliant and the digs were great value, stunning and gave us a great base.

CHECK IT OUT - HERE

Selkirk and Galashiels aren't too far away if you want to book your own accommodation - most of dad's army stay near here every year.

In April 2012 most of us stayed in Broadmeadows and a few stayed at the other local accommodation which was just down the road (unless you follow Cath back - sorry Cath).  If there is over-spill from Broadmeadows then we can certainly use this again.

In April 2013 most of us stayed in Broadmeadows and a few stayed at other accommodation in Selkirk.

Read up on WeeMac 2012 HERE
Read up on WeeMac 2013 HERE
Read up on WeeMac 2014 HERE
Read up on WeeMac 2015 HERE
Read up on WeeMac 2016 HERE
Read up on WeeMac 2017 HERE

Some rooms are doubles only, some are SuperKing with the option to split into singles (twin room) and some are dedicated twin rooms so the singles will need to share.

So what do I need to know - I NEED people to commit on this page to get your name on the priority list if you want to stay at Broadmeadows.  The first 18 and possibly up to 22 will (unless I hear otherwise) have their space guaranteed when they pay their initial £20 deposit to hold the accommodation. Everyone else will be on the reserve list for Broadmeadows in the order they signed up.

By 1st June 2017 - £20
By 29th September 2017 - a further £20 deposit
By 2nd March 2018 - a further £90

Total = £130 (note this doesn't account for the full food and drinks (and entertainment) bill which I expect to be around another £30 or so)

We've had drop-outs every year so those places will be filled in order of the sign-up list.

Costs - I've worked out approximate costs as follows

Big Hoose (3 night stay) will be a cost of approx £150 - we NEED to fill this  (10 spaces)
Rest of Broadmeadows (3 night stay) will be a cost of approx £150 (4 + 4 + 2 = 10 spaces)
There are two additional beds that they can supply for our use and this will be same cost. I've been in them twice and they are well comfy.

At the moment we've only provisionally booked 18 spaces but can hopefully book more if required.

This cost will pay for your accommodation and supplies for breakfast.
We then buy supplies for evening meals and drinks add on any shortfall or subtract any overpayment and then split this between everyone.

Cost vary but in 2015 the grand total (initial total £100) was about £147 (we had some empty spaces though)
I'm hoping the grand total will be not more than £150 for a three night stay - that includes all food and drink Smile- Dinner, bed and breakfast and costs for 2016 were very similar.

It really is a 5 star stay for a 3 star cost Wink

I NEED people on the list to confirm and pay a initial deposit £20 PP by Thursday 1st June so I'll be looking for people to get their deposits to me before then to REALLY book your place.
You can't please all the people all the time but we'll do our best.

If you have to cancel you will only lose your deposit if we can't find a replacement.
If lots of people cancel then we've got a problem that will have to be shared - but hopefully that won't happen.

Hopefully everyone will get the right room but there might need to be a bit of jiggery-pokery in the sleeping arrangements if you know what I mean.

The RIDEOUT is a TWO day event with one on Saturday 5th May 2018 and one on Sunday 6th May 2018.
Please note that folks who wish to attend the event are welcome to organise their own accommodation.

Will also be looking for volunteer chefs, assistant chefs nearer the time.  Everyone needs to muck in though.

SIGNUP

e.g.
Rosco (Ross) + 1
require a double or two singles depending on who I can talk into attending.

Bravepill6 (Euan) - Might be my +1 or he might be looking for a ride.
require a single whether he's beeacthing for Rosco or not.

The MASTER LIST is HERE which I'll edit as folks sign up and send me some dough.

Cheers
Rosco

Last edited by Rosco on Tue May 23 2017, 23:49; edited 3 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2018 SIGN UP -  May 4th -> May 7th - Selkirk (Rideout over TWO days) Empty Re: Wee Mac 2018 SIGN UP - May 4th -> May 7th - Selkirk (Rideout over TWO days)

Post  Rosco Tue May 23 2017, 23:30

Already had signups and payment (from most)

Rob & Linz & Ewan (RobCat, LittleNinja & LittleRobcatNinja) (DOUBLE & fold-down) ... (3 x £20 paid) Smile
Dave (Dirt Bike Dave) ... cheque in the post
Rich (Panzerbuilder) ... deposit £20 Smile
Tel (0ldcat) & Bea (Phoenix) (DOUBLE or TWIN) ... deposit (2 x £20) paid Smile

Anymore for anymore??

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2018 SIGN UP -  May 4th -> May 7th - Selkirk (Rideout over TWO days) Empty Re: Wee Mac 2018 SIGN UP - May 4th -> May 7th - Selkirk (Rideout over TWO days)

Post  Radar Tue May 23 2017, 23:40

II think I sent you a £20 Rosco, am I on the list?
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue May 23 2017, 23:42

Sorry Tony - You did. I'll fix it now.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu May 25 2017, 13:18

Shock news.

I've been dumped.
Euan thinks a family holiday in the sun will be better than cuddling into me for some reason.
I'll try and get a better looking pillion instead.
Anyhoo's - plenty spaces left. Sign up quick and send me a £20 deposit to secure your space soon.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  JamBerryKing Fri May 26 2017, 22:48

Myself and mrs jam would like to come to this one!

Double room please Ross?

You'll have to let me know how to send you the £20
JamBerryKing
JamBerryKing
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat May 27 2017, 08:21

JamBerryKing wrote:Myself and mrs jam would like to come to this one!

Double room please Ross?

You'll have to let me know how to send you the £20

Brilliant Jamie - It will be great to have you and Mrs Jam along.

I'be PM'd you money details.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Sat May 27 2017, 14:56

Ahhh, Jam, which part of Worksop do you come from?

Can always tag along for a journey up as I'll be up on two wheels while the beloved is up in the car with the boy ( saves me taking luggage on the bike also).
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 519
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Thu Jun 15 2017, 11:29

Slap us our Janet and Kev on the list please Ross.

There'll be happy enough in the big house with a double bed this time.

Deposit is on its way.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Jun 18 2017, 17:14

Added Rob Smile

Any more for any more??
Ideally I'd like to book more apartments but need at least another two folks signed up to do so.

Let me know.
Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Wed Oct 04 2017, 18:48

Hi Ross

Add Gill and I, forgot to put our names down until I got your PM today.

I'll send the funds for the 1st two deposits too.

Cheers, Ian
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Oct 18 2017, 23:53

Roll up Roll up or the Yamaha's are going on eBay sofa-kilroy
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Thu Oct 19 2017, 00:22

2nd deposit just paid
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Wed Mar 07 2018, 09:43

Final payment of £180 (for Gill and I) sent through Ross.

I don't blame you for forgetting, I did too. We can be forgiven for not realising it's March given the weather. Some eejit I know is on leave thinking it would be good enough to get out on the bike.... wall
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sat Mar 10 2018, 00:52

Hi Ross

£90 sent over.

Does that cover everything for Me and the esteemed Mrs Radar???
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sat Mar 10 2018, 10:49

FatCat wrote:Final payment of £180 (for Gill and I) sent through Ross.

I don't blame you for forgetting, I did too. We can be forgiven for not realising it's March given the weather. Some eejit I know is on leave thinking it would be good enough to get out on the bike.... wall

The Germans have already started their tours of Scotland and I've spotted half a dozen over the last couple of days.
...talk about keen. green smile (some roads are still blocked with snow)
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  JamBerryKing Thu Apr 05 2018, 13:05

only about ayear late, but robcat, i was in gateford. i've now moved to maltby. didnt know you were so close, it serves me right for not frequenting here enough tongue
JamBerryKing
JamBerryKing
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Apr 18 2018, 22:09

Late, as usual, Please add me
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Thu Apr 19 2018, 15:11

Glad to hear that Steve and it wouldn't be the same without you.

What's your plan of attack on getting up there?

JamBerryKing, have you picked a route up or do you fancy joining a trip up for this one

I'll be doing half scenic and half motorway if you fancy joining.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  JamBerryKing Thu Apr 19 2018, 15:21

I haven’t planned a route Yet but that sounds good, I’ll tag along with you
JamBerryKing
JamBerryKing
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Sun Apr 22 2018, 21:43

I can meet you JamBerry at the Shell garage near the M18 at 10 on that Friday if that's ok? If weather is fine, we'd be fueling up 80 miles away so no need to be totally full of fuel on kick off.

Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  JamBerryKing Sun Apr 22 2018, 22:01

Oh the shell garage in south Anston? Just off j31? Yeah sounds good to me.

Or the shell garage just near hellaby? That’s even better
JamBerryKing
JamBerryKing
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Mon Apr 23 2018, 05:47

Hellaby as that's easy for us both. wink thumb up
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Apr 23 2018, 11:07

Robcat wrote:What's your plan of attack on getting up there?

I'm not sure Rob, haven't looked at it yet.

Not to side track your question and in fear of sounding like a right whinger, I've been working on what on earth has been causing my arm spasms. Over winter it pretty much went away making me an extremely happy bunny and allowing me to think I've licked it by trying to increase my upper body strength - till this weekend. Two days of 160+ miles each in the glorious weather being far more progressive than usual has brought it back, but this time both arms sad  

This set-back is prompting me to take the more 'direct' and boring motorway route. I'll look into the possibility of leaving Thursday and staying somewhere closer to your meeting point, oh and I'll pack whatever it was I took with me to Spain pain management wise. Went from taking corners using one hand to nearly being able to keep up Wink

As you can see I'm right on top of concise decisions Rolling Eyes I'll let you know.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Mon Apr 23 2018, 19:14

I used to get those spasms in my left hand often while riding a bike but not had any since the start of last year, touchwood. Depending on weather, depends on the bike that goes and route but your mightily welcome to join the trip up Steve.

I've got either two routes that I'll do depending...

1:- A1 - A66 - Barnard Castle - Alston - Brampton - Carlisle - M6 - Moffat - Broadmeadows. ( kinda direct )

2:- A1 - Leyburn - Hawes - Ingleton - Sedbergh - Brough - Bowbank - Alston - Brampton ect as above. ( an extra few miles ).
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next