Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th

+6
FatCat
terry lees
SteveCat
Robcat
Gillybaby
Rosco
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th Empty Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th

Post  Rosco Tue Mar 20 2018, 21:48

Hi All

Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland) - a weekend between July 20th and August 13th.

Interested?
What weekends can you do?
Where do you wanna go?

We've normally stayed at youth hostels in the past and will probably do so again.

Last year we nearly stayed in Callander. Same again or further North?

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th Empty Re: Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th

Post  Gillybaby Tue Mar 20 2018, 23:44

We could make any of those weekends except possibly the last one (10-13 Aug). Happy to go further north, enjoyed Ullapool & Braemar, but it is a long way for those further south. Don't mind YHs but would prefer to have our own room. Just discovered there's a hostel in Tobermory, Mull - that could be fun. Who doesn't like a ferry ride or two?

There's also a licensed Youth Hostel in Crianlarich that looks interesting. Central location too.

The Glen Affric one looked kinda cool but not much in the way of bike parking, or roads of any kind in fact. Might suit off road bikes!

Actually, the one in Applecross looks awesome. We could just do the Bealach na Ba over and over and over again. I need hairpin practice Very Happy

Just so many to chose from Shocked

Gillybaby
Gillybaby
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th Empty Re: Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th

Post  Robcat Wed Mar 21 2018, 19:15

I'm good for any of the north north area anytime.

Linz would drive up if she's fit, otherwise I might have to get a trailer for the bike or hire a van.

But, we'll be there someway or another..

Rob
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 519
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Mar 21 2018, 20:43

Rosco wrote:

Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)

Best news I've seen today, well maybe alongside being told yesterday my cam chain tensioner is shot and will cost me £190 and today Yamaha UK will supply an upgraded part FOC, oh and finding a new barbour who did a better job for £7.50 when the place I've been frequenting for 12 years did a shocking job for £12 a month ago Rolling Eyes

How high can you go and who can go lower down the country than me to join in? Wink

Had a look in my diary and find it is empty, how on earth can I be expected to maintain my 1k miles a month average and no ride outs planed? Well other than BC, so far.

Think that means I'm in!
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Mar 22 2018, 19:22

Ullapool was good, as were some of the other places mentioned. Ballatar would perhaps be a better destination as its more central, whereas From Ullapool you can only go east. Think we've stayed there before.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Thu Mar 22 2018, 19:48

Better roads over Ullapool way though Terry. Plus, you can see seals bobbing up and down in the bay.

South is Applecross, North is wilderness and East is, well, North Scotland.

Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Thu Mar 22 2018, 20:13

Hopefully that means you might make it Terry?

I'm glad to see Steve and Rob have more or less confirmed. Any more takers? the roads are fantastic as are the views (if Rosco can arrange the weather). Smile

Our first rideout was Braemar which may be the one you're thinking of Terry? One of Athol's mates (Alan and his brother Mike) who stayed locally entertained us for the evening.
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Mar 22 2018, 20:27

Yes, I think you're right I'm getting mixed up, probably due to my alzhiemers still think there are more choices of roads over that side though.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  NoLongerChickenTim Sat Apr 07 2018, 12:00

First two weeks in August suits me. How about Braemar as a base, we had a great BM there some years ago?
NoLongerChickenTim
NoLongerChickenTim
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Sat Apr 07 2018, 12:36

Looks like there's more going for the East and good on you Tim for joining.

Must be an age related thought. I'm easy for any part and will go with the flow so I'm a definite.

Terry, would you be joining the party or just a maybe/maybe not?

Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoLongerChickenTim Sat Apr 07 2018, 20:16

Not bothered east or west but we’ve Been to Ullapool twice
NoLongerChickenTim
NoLongerChickenTim
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Apr 08 2018, 01:39

Right - I'll get in touch with Braemar in the morning to see if they can accommodate us.

Possibly the first weekend in August.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Sun Apr 08 2018, 09:49

I'm a definite probable. (don't want to sound too vague)
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Apr 08 2018, 18:41

Okay folks.

I think we'll cement the date as Friday August 3rd for 3 night stay - rideouts on Sat 4th and Sunday 5th.

Braemar has plenty of space at the moment for staying Friday 3rd August for 3 nights.

They have private rooms or 2, 3, 4 and 6 and this works out range in price from about £27 down to about £23 pppn approx.

Ian & Gill
Rob
Steve
Terry
Tim
Rosco

So far.
Any more for any more??

Will look at making a booking before the end of the week if you can confirm before then if possible please.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillybaby Sun Apr 08 2018, 22:41

That sounds like a plan Ross, Ian and I will definitely be there Very Happy

Did you manage to get the Cat serviced ok then?
Gillybaby
Gillybaby
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Apr 09 2018, 10:30

Good for me Ross, thanks.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Mon Apr 09 2018, 12:52

All good with me.

Ross, Cat, Serviced. Only the 1st 2 go together.

Ask, if his bike is running true ( straight ). That's more to the point......
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th Empty Big Mac

Post  NoLongerChickenTim Wed Apr 11 2018, 10:07

Just spoken to Terry reference accommodation, both he and I would prefer to stay at a guesthouse,
NoLongerChickenTim
NoLongerChickenTim
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th Empty Big Mac

Post  NoLongerChickenTim Wed Apr 11 2018, 12:29

Just booked three rooms at the Invercauld Arms Hotel, Ballater, Braemar for Friday 3rd August - Sunday 5th inclusive

Me
Christian Mould
Terry Lees
Bob Richardson
Pete Ricahrdson
Ray Simpson

Looking forward to the trip!
NoLongerChickenTim
NoLongerChickenTim
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Apr 11 2018, 20:15

That's great Tim.

I'll book Steve, Rob and me a triple (or bigger if we get more interest)

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Wed Apr 11 2018, 21:27

BOO!!!

Im in YaY

Looking for interest (probably UP northish Scotland)weekend between July 20th August 13th Cd383571
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Wed Apr 11 2018, 22:23

That's great news Dave.
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Fri Apr 13 2018, 16:47

Tempted
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Fri May 11 2018, 18:50

Canna commit at the moment, but send me the route/routes when you have made them, may be able to join somewhere along left thumb up
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Fri May 11 2018, 18:57

Good to hear from you Davie.  left thumb up

Hope all is well? You back on a bike, or looking to join in the car?
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next