Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

California Superbike School - in Liquidation

3 posters

Go down

California Superbike School - in Liquidation Empty California Superbike School - in Liquidation

Post  bobh Mon Dec 02 2019, 12:47

I've just found out that they went bust nearly a month ago. Below is the text of the message I received. I'm not sure how I got on their mailing list, as I've never done one of their courses.

Lots of stuff being auctioned off, including a modified Thundercat.

Sent: 02/12/2019 09:44:49
Subject: Superbike School Ltd - In Liquidation - Auction

Hi,

You may be aware that Superbike School Ltd [t/a California Superbike School (CSS) and SSL Events (SSL)] and located at Silverstone Park, after 22 years of trading was sadly placed in to liquidation on 4th Nov’19. As a consequence there are substantial assets and products which are available for purchase. To that end Apex Auctions on behalf of the liquidator are selling the assets here:- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .More products will be added over the ensuing days as they are collated. Also, for the smaller value items we will be running auctions on eBay throughout the next few months which can shortly be viewed on eBay by typing “seller:stevelebeano” in the search box at the top of the page.

Please read the instructions carefully should you feel that you wish to bid on any items. There are a number of listings which are specific to the school and it may be an opportunity to purchase a bit of history.

The Apex auction includes but is not limited to; a Langendorf 40ft two tier box trailer with tail lift, a 2009 VW Crafter van with only 77,000 miles on the clock, this seasons latest Dainese leathers (ranging from D-Air1 & D-Air2 plus Laguna Seca 4 (some never used), AGV helmets (plus gloves and boots, some unused), brand new Pirelli tyres, a motorcycle static Simulator liveried Ducati Panigale 959, a substantial quantity of brand new unused Ducati spare parts, air compressors, branded Ducati + Oakley + California Superbike School clothing, Yamaha YZF600 Thunder Cat 1996 adapted for steering drill - "lean bike", HJC helmets, Alpinestars boots, Draggin jeans and shorts, tyre changer, Tyre-Down products, tools, bike stands, motor oils, office furniture and other equipment. We will also, very shortly, as well as other items (sequentially numbered) be placing on the site the full (approximately 2,000sqft) mezzanine floor of the Silverstone based warehouse unit for which any purchaser will need to arrange to dismantle.

The eBay auction reserves will be set very low and so many bargains can be had, particularly running up to Christmas. These will include fully working Go-Pro and Garmin video cameras, CSS and Ducati clothing, V2 MAL riding gear cleaning products, Stompgrip traction pads, R&G crash protection, Motul products and so on. The eBay listings will be starting shortly, so keep an eye out.

The Apex auction will run from now until 10th Dec’19 with an option for viewing on both 6th and 9th Dec’19. Collections can be made, upon payment in full, between 12th-20th Dec’19 (see website for full details). All items sold on both sites will include VAT and for the Apex Auction site there will be a sellers premium.

In the event you have any specific question then, in the first instance please refer to the sites but if not answered then reply to this e-mail and I will see if I can help but it may take a few days to answer. Good luck.

Regards

Steve Leitch | Director

Superbike School Ltd | 10-14 Duke Street | Reading | Berks | RG1 4RU | UK

Tel: 01327 855553 | E-mail:steve@superbikeschool.co.uk| Web: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | Web: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

California Superbike School - in Liquidation Empty Re: California Superbike School - in Liquidation

Post  SteveCat Mon Dec 02 2019, 19:51

Thanks Bob, not good news. Doesn't seem to be public knowledge yet.
Would caution anyone with auction fever though, the bids attract an auction fee of 18% plus VAT.

SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

California Superbike School - in Liquidation Empty Re: California Superbike School - in Liquidation

Post  weasley Tue Dec 03 2019, 12:52

I haven't looked, but from memory the modified Thundercat had fixed handlebars mounted on the fuel tank - the idea being to demonstrate how you can steer the bike using just your body weight without any steering input.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down