Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010

+10
Robcat
Dirt Bike Dave
yamahamad
Wild-Kat-Wolf
0ldcat
bignige
greencat
MevsyD
kevin10529
Rosco
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010 - Page 2 Empty Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010

Post  Rosco Tue Oct 13 2009, 23:40

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] WEE MAC III DATE - Ride Out on Saturday 17th April 2010 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Exact Details / Routes still to be finalised but date is set (Saturday 17th April 2010)

Weather will be in attendance. sunny confused

Where we are basing is as yet undecided...............................suggestions thus far are (St John's town of Dalry, Dumfries, Lockerbie & Langholm)

Meet and greet on the Friday Night for those that can and want to in a nearby pub probably.

SAT Rideout - setting off early on the Saturday Morning.........current proposed route is just over 240 miles going no more North than Abington, not much more East than Hawick, not much more South than Dumfries and a sprinkling of Galloway Forest Park.

Back to the digs and scrub up for some nice grub, a blether :o , some banter 👅 and beers clink .

Head for home on the Sunday.

Will look into suitable accommodation and post up some more details soon.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010

Post  supernaut Mon Apr 19 2010, 10:57

Great weekend. Thanks Ross and Dave. Good to see everyone, only downside was Maurice coming off but thankfully he seemed ok.
special thanks to Chris for the ride up on the friday. Great fun in the bar saturday night with the afore mentioned animal themes and Martin's (mevsyD)bar game.
We really enjoyed it, thanks everyone,
Steve and Sharon...........

supernaut
6Bronze
6Bronze

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010

Post  bignige Mon Apr 19 2010, 21:19

Signing in a bit late ! actualy made it home 6:15 after a nice run home (thank for leading that Chris & the rest for your company ) & lunch at squires.
Even managed to find the courage to overtake the police car we found on the A17, twice !

Great weekend as always, Many thanks Ross.

Called to see Maurice tonight wishes to thank all very much for your kindness & appologised for delaying everyone.
Guy from the hotel ran him to the station & wife collected him from peterborough- home about 7:30. So much discomfort he had to get in back of the car & spent the night in the armchair in his lounge.

But in much better form tonight, more like his normal self & starting to be gratefull for what didn't happen & thinking about getting the bike fixed & back on it. Smile
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Daz11 Tue Apr 20 2010, 09:38

Hi everbody,

Apologies for the late post still learning the in and outs of the forum, had an excellent weekend and arrived home save and sound about 4 ish on Sunday. Spot of rain on the way especially once I got back up the west coast but no surprise there.

Was great meeting everybody and getting out with so many bikes, was a good learning curve for me that was for sure, was alot more confident when I got back on sunday.

Now looking to what ride out i can do next, possibly big mac but working on that one.

Cheers Ross for organising a great weekend, and I may still be interested in the wanking badger business opportunity!

Darren
Daz11
Daz11
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010 - Page 2 Empty Maurice update

Post  bignige Sun Apr 25 2010, 19:44

Apparently another visit to the Doctors as he wasn't making any progress or feeling too well revealed Maurice has two broken ribs plus three cracked ones also fluid on one lung.
And sadly the Busa is a right off :(
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Apr 25 2010, 20:08

Bugger that's not good !

Hope Maurice heals soon. Personal injuries are not nice to deal with.
The In-sewer-ants can take care of the lump of metal & plastic formaly known as a Bussa, but human health is a bit more fragile.

All the best Maurice.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Apr 26 2010, 21:46

Ouch.......I hope Maurice mends well and quickly.
Sorry to hear about his bike too.

As Tel said the Insurance is there to sort the bike.
Give him a very very gentle hug from all of us.

Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Tue Apr 27 2010, 09:37

Hmmmmm, that probably explains why he wasn't too happy moving about too much once he got on his feet. Wondered how come he wasn't stepping to and doing the..... hop, skip and jump!...... couple of sit ups, now roll over and 10 press-ups. Nothing wrong with you sonny!

Joking aside..... how come none of this was spotted at casualty? Or am I just informationally deficient? Rolling Eyes

Can't believe the bike's a write-off. I rode it down the road! Shocked Seemed fine to me. Guess no one will be asking for any bike reviews for a while Embarassed

Say hi to Maurice and wish him a speedy recovery from me.

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2