Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flat fen fury

2 posters

Go down

flat fen fury Empty flat fen fury

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12 2010, 08:27

Holy Cow,

Although I'm stuck in the hell-hole that is South Africa I know Lincs quiet well. My mom used to live in Bourne and I worked for the Peterborough Evening Telegraph when I was younger.

One of my best mates is chief photog at MCN in Peterborough as well (although it is strictly Cambrigeshire)

Love Lincolnshire, possibly the most underrated county in the UK. Good thing that Rimmers was close by because my other passion is my Rover SD1 V8.

Always dreamed of riding a up to Skegness on a nice bike like my T'underKat.

If I ever return to Blighty I'd lone to live in Lincoln.

Anybody know of any good newspaper jobs going there?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

flat fen fury Empty Re: flat fen fury

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12 2010, 18:53

I'm not far down the road from Bourne - just off the A16/A17 junction. As it happens there is a job advertised this week in the Target at Mortons - A Bike Exhibition Administrator - it says one of the 3 main duties are 'attending motorcycle shows and exhibitions' it'll be pants money tho
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

flat fen fury Empty Morton

Post  Guest Mon Nov 15 2010, 08:25

Is that the same Morton just up the road from Bourne on the Sleaford Road (A15?) ?

Mom used to stay in The Crescent, in the pensioners' bunglalows.

No more I'm afraid.

RIP Mom.

Still missed six years later.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Nov 16 2010, 13:50

Hi Z I used to live in Joberg many moons ago, and worked on the STAR is it still going? regards, and wellcome to the site. Terry
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

flat fen fury Empty The Star

Post  Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 07:15

Yes, the Star is still going. Had the misfortune of working there too. It's on the bones of its arse, like most newspapers here in SA.

Where can I get a fender extender for the Cat? Does such a thing exist?

Taking a burst up to Sun City on Sunday, the so-called "breakfast run".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Wed Nov 17 2010, 19:50

Z, my extender was from the infamous ebay but I'm sure someone will have one overthere.

It does help keep the crud down off the radiator and exhausts. but I assume that your weather is just a little better than ours at the mo. rofl2
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

flat fen fury Empty no way

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18 2010, 07:31

Summers for the past ten years have been miserable. It rains virtually every day, a distinct change in pattern from my past.

Winter is the best time to ride in South Africa. Never rains. Days are short, sunny and cold, but at least it never rains.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20 2010, 14:40

zedhead wrote:Is that the same Morton just up the road from Bourne on the Sleaford Road (A15?) ?

No Mortons publishers in Horncastle. I know Morton tho - i do quite a few jobs at Bourne so i go that way. Sad about your mum - bet you miss her - i'm fortunate enough to still have both my parents who are now in their 80s - don't know how i'd have managed these last few years without them - in fact my mum paid for my bike and my lessons having made my dad promise he wouldn't blame her if i had an accident!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

flat fen fury Empty kind words

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22 2010, 08:50

Thanks for the kind words. Getting more an more familiar with the Thundercat. Mastering the clutch from pull-off is still a bit hit and miss, but I'm getting there. I suppose I just have to accept the fact that I can't drag her halfway through first gear on a rising clutch alone like you can on old Kwak, hooligan-style. So, it's low revs, a bit of bite, some more revs to get momentum and then off the clutch completely for some throttle.

Went to a bike show on Sunday and saw a 'well used" Thunderace. From 5m away it's difficult to distinguish it from a Cat, until I saw the top fairing brace. It looks a little 'agricultural' and a bit of an afterthought. Parked up next to it the Cat looks more pert and purposeful, less of a blunderbuss, although no doubt the Ace goes like stink.

zedhead

Anonymous

Back to top Go down