Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

+6
redrob600
tcat_unlucky_alf
furball
Wild-Kat-Wolf
jacurutu
Rosco
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 - Page 2 Empty BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

Post  Rosco Sun Jan 25 2009, 02:54

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Exact Details / Routes still to be finalised but date is set.

Weather will be in attendance. sunny confused

Probably basing in or around Arrow Portree (or somewhere between there and Uig (an easy get to for those South of the Border Shocked )

I can put up with some people coming from South of the Border (Thursday Night) should they require it enroute to Skye. Plenty of space (tent out the back if really busy!)

Meet and greet on the Friday Night for those that can and want to in a pub somewhere on the Isle Of Skye.

SAT Rideout setting off early on the Saturday Morning.....we need to catch the 09:40 ferry to Tarbert (Isle of Harris/Isle of Lewis)
Spend the day there and get the ferry back at 20:00
Back to the digs and scrub up for some nice grub, a blether :o , some banter 👅 and beers clink .

SUN Rideout setting off earlyish on the Sunday Morning and possibly taking in some of the beautiful West Coast (back on the mainland) North of Skye
Back to the digs and scrub up for some nice grub, a blether :o , some banter 👅 and beers clink .

Head for home on the Monday. I can offer accomodation to those who require it on the way back down South on the Monday evening.

We'll look into suitable accommodation and post up some more details soon.

NOTE - Everyone MUST book the Arrow Ferry well in advance or you'll need to entertain yourself while the rest of us are on the ferry / Harris / Lewis
NOTE - There is NO ferry service on the Sunday - so be warned and be prepared should anyone have problems while we are on Harris/Lewis on the Saturday.

Get yer time off booked!

Then let us pray that come it may
(As come it will for a' that),
That Sense and Worth o'er a' the earth,
Shall bear the gree an a' that.
For a' that, an a' that,
It's coming yet for a' that,
That man to man, the world, o'er
Shall brithers be for a' that.

Happy 250th Anniversary Burns Night tae ye's aw! Very Happy

ps. Big Thanks to Kev (Jacurutu) who is letting us gatecrash his island..............& making sure we leave!
pps Big Thanks (and thanks in advance) to Kev / Davie (Furball) for local knowledge, organisation, try outs etc.
ppps If I can wangle it (running low on Brownie Points) I'll come up for a try out in June or July.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Fri Jun 05 2009, 11:40

Dunno i'm confused now ponder
Do we save 50p or do we blow the whole £1.55 on a luxury dorm???.... decisions, decisions.
Rosco, i'll go along with whatever you decide..... Very Happy

Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Number of posts : 1592
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

Post  jacurutu Fri Jun 05 2009, 11:58

If it's only £1.55 extra now, I vote we get the 10 man room. Selfishly, it'll save me and DBD hassle trying to get back to the hostel in time to check in before the office closes. Hopefully we can also get another person over the next couple of months, in which case the cost will come down.
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 29
Hobbies : Octopush
Humour : Hmm...
Registration date : 2009-01-06

http://www.jacurutu.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Jun 05 2009, 20:52

as im staying on my own but at the same place as steve i can move to share with you lot
now this is up to you to decide but i will need to know so that i can call the place im staying at to let them know
as im staying the whole week end
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jun 09 2009, 10:22

We are sorted for the Accommodation - 10 bunk room booked for the whole weekend

Rosco, Charlie, James, Paul, Pete, Rob, Terry, Tim ( 8 ) [staying all three nights]

Kev & Dave ( 2 ) [ staying just two nights ]

Which means........

......Current cost (I think) works out at £15.55 per person per night.....not including 'continental (or tea, cereal, toast & jam)' breakfast.

Kev - Your booking has been amended.
Pete - can you cancel your other booking now?

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Tue Jun 09 2009, 10:34

Excellent - now all we need is for it to be August!
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Jun 09 2009, 20:16

Will do rosco this week
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Jun 11 2009, 21:05

called the easdale tonight & canceled the b&b
soryy steve you,l have to tackle pam all on your own
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Jun 11 2009, 22:59

cards wrote:
soryy steve you,l have to tackle pam all on your own
Geez Thanks Pete .. it's OK I'll cope ponder, did she scare you ? lol!

Its good that the accommodation has filled up. I'd have joined in if I was ace, wouldn't have been fair on everyone joining in two up.
I'm sure you're all gonna have a blast down there (or up if you're upper bunk), I know I will haloangel

Just a pity we have wish the summer away, just so we can get going. Give me chance to get some badly needed bike miles in, and get back into (riding) shape.

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 - Page 2 Empty big mac

Post  ed the duck Sat Jul 18 2009, 10:41

Hello just joined this site as ive just bought my 1st bike a thundercat clearly Smile i will be up in ullapool at that time on hol is it ok if i meet up with you guys and tag along for the ride ?
Cheers
Jason
ed the duck
ed the duck
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 17
Hobbies : Motorbiking ,guitar ,music , women , gigs , sleeping and watching hearts .
Humour : You need a great sense of humour to support hearts.............:)
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat Jul 18 2009, 21:55

Hi "ed the duck"

You sound a bit quackers so I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine..............and that was before I spotted you were a fan of the Jam Tarts.

You are more than very welcome to join us on some or all of Big Mac.

Our travel plans for the Saturday are set in stone.....going on the first ferry Uig to Tarbet and back on the last one. If you want to do this bit then you'll need to book your ferry ticket(s). Since you are in Ullapool you could get the ferry (Ullapool to Stornoway) and we could meet you on Lewis (or Harris) depending on the timescales.

Jacurutu (Kev) is our man (Englishman) on the Island and can gauge a meeting point to suit his route if that helps.

Just checked and the timetable from/to Ullapool ain't great ................

Outward: Ullapool To Stornoway
Saturday,
8 August 2009
10:25 --> 13:10
Return: Stornoway To Ullapool
14:30 -->17:15

...... so you'd probably need at least overnight on the Island (Friday I'm guessing) OR an overnight in Skye on Sat with the rest of us and then Sunday run with us for as much of it as you want depending on whether you're going back to Ullapool.

From what I can remember of our plans for the Sunday was to get to Applecross Inn for lunch and come back on the Glenelg to Skye Ferry.......I think (Kev, DBD, Furballs can you remember????)

We'll try and take in as much of the West Coast as we can (beautiful) - getting us back in time for the Ferry and for our 3rd night out in Portree clink

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sat Jul 18 2009, 21:55

more the merrier as the time gets closer
you will find more traffic on here as we start to plan meet ups enroute
so keep your eyes peeled on the big mac site
right time to watch moto practice rounds
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ed the duck Thu Jul 23 2009, 12:42

Think i will just be coming the sunday so if you could let me know
what time and where yous are setting off ?
Cheers
Jason ponder
ed the duck
ed the duck
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Hobbies : Motorbiking ,guitar ,music , women , gigs , sleeping and watching hearts .

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Jul 23 2009, 23:43

Hi Jason

Departing the Hostel in Portree probably not too early (after the night before)......9.30 sounds about right at the moment.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat Jul 25 2009, 18:00

Not 100% sure if I've confirmed the price with everyone yet.

Cost is £14 pppn + £2 basic continental breakfast but that is assuming we fill the 10 man dorm every night which we can't quite do .........so as it stands now we'll be £28 quid short as for two nights of the three there will be ONE empty space..........subject to change if the numbers change.

So if we can split this evenly between everyone who is staying at the Hostel it should work out at an additional £1 (PPPN) with the remainder going in the Kitty.

Trust that is OK with everyone staying at the Hostel.

Jason - If it any easier for you you may wish to stay over in the Hostel on the Saturday night....Let me know and I can sort you out an additional space if you want.

Cheers clink
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Jul 27 2009, 08:00

fine by me rosco
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Tue Jul 28 2009, 13:14

Hi there ed the duck

Myself and dirt bike dave will be in ullapool on friday the 7th about 3pm . we will be at the ferry terminal

come over and say hello, just look out for a green ZX6R and a red duck999

Davie

PS: If we are early DBD might even treat us to a pint clink Very Happy
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  ed the duck Tue Jul 28 2009, 13:54

furball wrote:Hi there ed the duck

Myself and dirt bike dave will be in ullapool on friday the 7th about 3pm . we will be at the ferry terminal

come over and say hello, just look out for a green ZX6R and a red duck999

Davie

PS: If we are early DBD might even treat us to a pint clink Very Happy
That would be great but am not there until saturday afternoon :(
ed the duck
ed the duck
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 - Page 2 Empty Recce for Satuday

Post  jacurutu Thu Jul 30 2009, 17:06

Right, just got back from the recce for the Saturday ride on Lewis and Harris. The aim is to take you all the length of the isles of Lewis and Harris, from the Butt of Lewis (most northerly point) to Rodel (the most southerly village, ignoring anything on Berneray, which is technically Harris, but is another island). I'm fairly confident we'll get round it all to make the ferry back to Skye whilst still having stops for lunch/coffee/petrol/loos/fags/postcards/gifts etc. If not, we can cut off the last section (South Harris), as the roads aren't much to write home about, although the scenery is pretty good.

If anyone has any particular requests for places/things to see one your once-in-a-lifetime tour round Lewis and Harris, let me know and I'll see if we can't fit it in for you.

For those of you (Dave, Davie) who'll already be on the island on Saturday morning (ie anyone not heading over on the 09.40 ferry from Uig on Skye on Saturday morning), meet at either:

1) the Spar garage at the north end of Stornoway (on the roundabout linking the A857 (Macaulay Road to the north, Bayhead to the south) and B8027 (Matheson Road) - on Google maps it looks like concrete waste ground) at 10.00;

2) in Tarbert to meet everyone coming off the ferry.

For those of you coming off the ferry at 11.20, as you ride off and join the road, you'll see a large car park on your left. The entrance is at the far end of the car park, and we'll wait for you there. You can't miss us, and if you do, then I'll count it as a lucky escape as you obviously need your eyes testing (or the weather's really bad - although I'll have my high-viz jacket on, so that's no excuse either)!

It would be helpful if you could fill up with fuel either in Portree or Uig before getting on the ferry. If anyone can't make 135 miles on a tank of fuel, let me know when we meet up and I'll ensure we fit in a quick "splash and dash" for you. If anyone can't make 100 miles on a tank of fuel, you might have to push (only joking - sure we can sort something).

Any questions? No, good! Enjoy the ride up, and we'll see you all a week on Saturday.

Kev

PS Ross - can you check me, Dave and Davie into the hostel - or at least ensure you grab bedding for us - on Friday, as there's a fair chance the office will be shut when we get back on Saturday night. Cheers!
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Thu Jul 30 2009, 20:47

If anyone can't make 135 miles on a tank of fuel,

Emmm that'll be me..prob 100 miles max on the Duc..

Kev, me and Davie will be staying at the Thorlee Guest house on Friday night..In the town centre i believe..
My mob number is 07735281651..dunno if "3mobile" works on Stornoway??
We'll go for the Spar garage at 10....Although i'm meeting up with some local friends of mine on the Friday night so i could be late!! :drunken:
I'll be relying on Furballs to get me up.......Sorry Davie :sleep:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Jul 30 2009, 23:09

jacurutu wrote:PS Ross - can you check me, Dave and Davie into the hostel - or at least ensure you grab bedding for us - on Friday, as there's a fair chance the office will be shut when we get back on Saturday night. Cheers!

No problem........I'm sure someone will remind me on Friday!
Thanks for doing the try-out Kev........hope you managed to avoid the Arrow tornados Arrow

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Emmm that'll be me..prob 100 miles max on the Duc..
Sports Tourer?.......I might bring my fuel syphon.

Ah Cannae wait mon! great
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Fri Jul 31 2009, 00:43

Sports Tourer?

Ahemmm.......Super Bike ( well thats what the sticker says!)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Fri Jul 31 2009, 10:52

First I knew about the tornado was a mate back in York asking me about it, so no harm done (to us at least).

Fuel stops - whilst there are a few small petrol stations around, many of them only have one (or maybe two) pumps so we could be there all day filling eveyone up. The main stop is scheduled at one of the bigger petrol stations in Stornoway, but for anyone desparate, we can squeeze an extra stop or two in as and when required.
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Sun Aug 02 2009, 13:13

Might be an idea to take some MIDGE repellent Smile

I was over there this morning and the little bu@@ers were every where grumpy

Avon skin so soft, seems to be the one that works at the moment , so go and stock up Very Happy

If the midge dont come out at least we will all smell nice ............ lol!

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Sun Aug 02 2009, 14:17

You should have said you were coming, I'd have put the kettle on! (Or did you mean Skye?)

Midges on the island aren't so bad (famous last words), but I concur that certain moisturising cremes seem to be a good way of keeping them off. (That or don't stop, and never open your visor - got eaten alive at some temporary traffic lights in Glen Coe one time when it was rather humid - choice was to not steam the visor up and get eaten, or not see where I was going!)
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Tue Aug 04 2009, 14:31

Just had a chap from Calmac call to inform me that because there are so many bikes travelling back to Skye on Saturday, they will take great care to lash my bike properly on the ferry, but everyone else is going to have their bike chucked in a pile in the corner. Well, perhaps not, but I could only make out every other word due to the crap Orange mobile signal up here - I'm sure whatever it was he said, we'll all get there in one piece without too much damage...

Oh, and in my mobile number is 0771 278 2995 should anyone need it, although I hope you don't as getting a signal seems to be rather hit-and-miss, so much so I might try and sort out the Vodaphone SIM I've got lurking somewhere as they appear to have better coverage.

Kev
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Tue Aug 04 2009, 14:49

Aye i had that guy on the phone also Smile

he said that Highlanders were to get priority Very Happy over everyone esle as to where they want there bike lashed lol!

All others woud be lashed to the bulk head Shocked

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next