Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

+6
Dai-San
thunderpt
zXSavageXz
mrfrance
weasley
SteveCat
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Southern Ride Out Poll

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_lcap125%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_lcap125%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_lcap150%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Empty Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

Post  SteveCat Tue May 17 2011, 17:28

First topic message reminder :

Looking at the possibility of a meet up and optionally a group ride. The invitation isn't limited to the South East and everyone is welcome.

To gauge interest could you post if you'd like to do this and what day of the week (am/pm or both) would suit.
If your location isn't in your profile, if you could indicate roughly where you are.

Stevecat & Pam Yes
MrFrance Yes
eSpaceman3 Yes
R2D2
Firemaster
zXSavageXz
thunderpt
Dai-San

Last edited by SteveCat on Thu Jul 07 2011, 14:48; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : remove the stutter)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Empty Re: Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 13:06

Me too, see you at Loonies :-)

Back to top Go down

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 2 Empty Re: Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

Post  SteveCat Thu Jul 07 2011, 14:47

espaceman3 wrote:Me too, see you at Loonies :-)

Loomies, you loonie wall Very Happy

Well I think we are all accounted for, looks like three bikes (confirmed) and a lot of fun.

Meet at 10am. The cafè is a Biker Burger Bar and hot drinks are served in mugs somewhat reminiscent of Devil's Bridge, petrol station next door if required.
Will be stopping for fag/p/stretch at 60-90 min intervals.

Just hope the rain doesn't mean a lot of mud and gravel on some of the roads.

Anyone else? There were a few maybes, you in?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 08:43

SteveCat wrote:[Well I think we are all accounted for, looks like three bikes (confirmed) and a lot of fun.

Where have all the "I'm always up for a ride" brigade gone ? wall Anyway , I think from tomorrow and the next few days the wweather is going to get a lot better. Are we planning to have breakfast at the Cafe ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Fri Jul 08 2011, 10:01

I will probably be there nice and early to have a bite Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Jul 08 2011, 10:34

No problem if you'd like to have breakfast there. I'll probably do the stupid thing and have a mug of coffee.

I don't think this is needed, but I'll get it out of the way anyway. This isn't a 'club' or Thundercat website organised ride. I've merely used these pages to invite people of similar interest to meet up for a ride. We are all responsible for our own ride/license.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Fri Jul 08 2011, 11:54

I don't think this is needed, but I'll get it out of the way anyway. This isn't a 'club' or Thundercat website organised ride. I've merely used these pages to invite people of similar interest to meet up for a ride. We are all responsible for our own ride/license.

Woah Steve you leading us into something! Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 12:37

mrfrance wrote:

Woah Steve you leading us into something! Very Happy

Blimey , maybe I ought to write my will , and say goodbye to my Betterhalf and kids salute
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  firemaster Fri Jul 08 2011, 14:21

uh wheres loonies?
firemaster
firemaster
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 305
Hobbies : I.T/Retained FireFighter
Humour : Dont make i laff
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 14:26

firemaster wrote:uh wheres loonies?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 14:36

firemaster wrote:uh wheres loonies?

There are plenty of Loonies in here , and I count myself as one of them loony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Jul 08 2011, 15:57

mrfrance wrote:Woah Steve you leading us into something! Very Happy

Yip Twisted Evil Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , we're going here. You might prefer to scroll to the top of the page though and read the more positive sides to the spot.

Apologies if the disclaimer has caused any alarm I had been agonising over if I should or shouldn't have posted it. I'm not sure it makes an iota difference legally it being there anyway.

SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Fri Jul 08 2011, 16:38

Suicide spot ay! Are planning something Steve? I'm not sure I want to witness this..... whistle
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Jul 08 2011, 16:59

Naah, how would you get home? Laughing
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Fri Jul 08 2011, 17:39

initiative Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Fri Jul 08 2011, 20:21

Checked the weather again, looking to be sunny in the south! Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 09 2011, 20:55

Wow !!! What a fantastic day , great weather , great company ,great roads , great Lunch at that bikers place , can't remember where it was (Apart from next to a church and opposite an old peoples home lol ) .Stunning countryside , oh and Great Tunnel !!!
Thanks Steve !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Sat Jul 09 2011, 22:49

I second that, thanks Steve and thanks guys for a great day out, ooops! and lady.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Sun Jul 10 2011, 19:25

Since I left my camera at home! These are the only photo's i have (taken with my Phone at Beachy Head). Would definately do this rideout again - especialy now that I have sorted out the suspension seetting problem I was having.

Steve was a bit camera Shy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Arethe bikes still there?

Spot the bikes.

Aaarr! There they are.

Last edited by Manor69 on Sun Jul 10 2011, 19:33; edited 1 time in total
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Jul 10 2011, 19:30

So ? . . . . . .was this the forward Recce Party for a southern "Something for the Weekend" ????
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Sun Jul 10 2011, 19:39

I hope so - the nice weather brought out the eye candy as well! deal
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10 2011, 19:47

0ldcat wrote:So ? . . . . . .was this the forward Recce Party for a southern "Something for the Weekend" ????
Well Tel ,the ride certainly has the potential for a "sftw" , some fab roads , lovely little towns , great scenery , you are by the coast .It has all the ingredients . Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Sun Jul 10 2011, 19:54

espaceman3 wrote:
0ldcat wrote:So ? . . . . . .was this the forward Recce Party for a southern "Something for the Weekend" ????
Well Tel ,the ride certainly has the potential for a "sftw" , some fab roads , lovely little towns , great scenery , you are by the coast .It has all the ingredients . Very Happy

You missed the hurricane force winds! girl_witch
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jul 11 2011, 10:04

Confession time Steve.

I found the cause of my suspension not working well. When I set every setting back to Zero ready to default it back to Factory, the rebound on the rear appears to have got missed and was still at Zero - The Hardest - Der!!

Made some further adjustments (Front preload to 4 and rear preload to 2) and had a fantastic short ride yesterday. Front is not bottoming out and the rear actually feels like it is working the bumps.

I can only imagine how much more fun I would have had if the suspension had been setup up like this on Saturday.

Hope this does not earn me a numpty point.

John.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jul 11 2011, 10:17

Manor69 wrote:I can only imagine how much more fun I would have had if the suspension had been setup up like this on Saturday.

Numpty points can only be awarded if seconded Smile ( which can be easily arranged Neutral)

I reckon your punishment should be another trip down and ride the route again Shocked Well at least the suspension testing circuit at Beachy Head and a squirt up to and then through the tunnel at Lewes Very Happy

Glad you have gotten to the bottom of the problem
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jul 11 2011, 10:25

SteveCat wrote:
Manor69 wrote:I can only imagine how much more fun I would have had if the suspension had been setup up like this on Saturday.

Numpty points can only be awarded if seconded Smile ( which can be easily arranged Neutral)

I reckon your punishment should be another trip down and ride the route again Shocked Well at least the suspension testing circuit at Beachy Head and a squirt up to and then through the tunnel at Lewes Very Happy

Glad you have gotten to the bottom of the problem

I like it when it's simple solutions. I would look forward to another ride like that but must say I am finding it hard to grip a pen at the mo!

With regard to the indicator problem, the dealer is going to fix under warranty and in that case I may get a courtesy bike, a Triumph Sprint ST in Red (bugger, being in Red will please Ezzy's Mum!).

John.

YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Jul 11 2011, 10:40

I may get a courtesy bike, a Triumph Sprint ST in Red

Nice.....but you may not want the 'cat back!!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next