Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

+6
Dai-San
thunderpt
zXSavageXz
mrfrance
weasley
SteveCat
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Southern Ride Out Poll

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_lcap125%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_lcap125%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_lcap150%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Empty Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

Post  SteveCat Tue May 17 2011, 17:28

First topic message reminder :

Looking at the possibility of a meet up and optionally a group ride. The invitation isn't limited to the South East and everyone is welcome.

To gauge interest could you post if you'd like to do this and what day of the week (am/pm or both) would suit.
If your location isn't in your profile, if you could indicate roughly where you are.

Stevecat & Pam Yes
MrFrance Yes
eSpaceman3 Yes
R2D2
Firemaster
zXSavageXz
thunderpt
Dai-San

Last edited by SteveCat on Thu Jul 07 2011, 14:48; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : remove the stutter)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Empty Re: Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

Post  ellie Mon Jul 11 2011, 10:40

I may get a courtesy bike, a Triumph Sprint ST in Red

Nice.....but you may not want the 'cat back!!!

ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Empty Re: Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

Post  SteveCat Mon Jul 11 2011, 10:58

Manor69 wrote:(bugger, being in Red will please Ezzy's Mum!).

and me, seeing I'm now going to be batting for team Red.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jul 11 2011, 11:00

I will always want my Cat back - I am sentimental and being my first......
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Jul 11 2011, 11:05

Manor69 wrote:I will always want my Cat back - I am sentimental and being my first......

Hehe you never forget your first, mines my 'first' too......Just rode mine round Wales again and to Shropshire and back two-up and he did well.......but riding Nicks new bike occasionally, makes me realise he seems a bit old and tired.......The bike does too green smile
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jul 11 2011, 11:24

ellie wrote:
Manor69 wrote:I will always want my Cat back - I am sentimental and being my first......

Hehe you never forget your first, mines my 'first' too......Just rode mine round Wales again and to Shropshire and back two-up and he did well.......but riding Nicks new bike occasionally, makes me realise he seems a bit old and tired.......The bike does too green smile

Mine is still young only now having done 9,000.

YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  - Page 3 Empty TCSS Ride out 9 July - Shake Down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jul 11 2011, 12:57

Thank you very much for joining in and am pleased you enjoyed it.

espaceman3 wrote:great Lunch at that bikers place , can't remember where it was (Apart from next to a church and opposite an old peoples home lol )

Wesson's Cafe in Horam. Yes it did have the most unusual neighbours and attracted the noisiest bikes

Manor69 wrote: ooops! and lady.

Pam really enjoyed the day and has asked me to pass on her thanks.

0ldcat wrote:So ? . . . . . .was this the forward Recce Party for a southern "Something for the Weekend" ????

ummm, not sure Tel, I may be a bit harsh in my assessment so appreciate comments from those there. We covered various types of road, my personal preference was for the B and unlisted roads we did in the afternoon.
You can see why the A272 has been hailed as the best biking road in the south, but it has been totally destroyed by endless miles of double white's and filled almost exclusively by members of the 'we do at least 20mp/h below the speed limit' club. That's something that hadn't worried me that much when on my own as one bike can make progress reasonably easy in the very short, few and far between overtake areas.

A couple of surprises, I wasn't sure how Beachy Head would be received. The road doesn't stay straight for long and given a chance will rattle your teeth out, weather is totally unpredictable but is usually cold and windy. When we stopped I heard the exclamations and smiled great
The other was 'the tunnel'. This thing is the bane of my life as it manages to nearly always lock up my SatNav (happened on all 3 units I have had). We were part of the way in and I suddenly heard the Sonic Boom, the guys behind the V-Max would have heard it straight away but it took a few seconds to blast forward. There was a scheduled fuel and comfort break stop a few hundred yards away. In the petrol station there was so much excitement and laughter over what had just happened, the route plan went out the window and it became a fuel only stop and a re-run through the echo chamber.

So there are some good bits and other will need some tweeking ... [work in progress ...]

This doesn't do justice

Pictures here. First few are during the Recce.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 11 2011, 13:20

SteveCat wrote:Pam really enjoyed the day and has asked me to pass on her thanks.

I may be a bit harsh in my assessment so appreciate comments from those there. We covered various types of road, my personal preference was for the B and unlisted roads we did in the afternoon.
Beachy Head would be received. The road doesn't stay straight for long and given a chance will rattle your teeth out, weather is totally unpredictable but is usually cold and windy. When we stopped I heard the exclamations and smiled great
hundred yards away. So there are some good bits and other will need some tweeking ... [work in progress ...

This doesn't do justice

Pictures here. First few are during the Recce.
Steve , I agree , the roads in the afternoon were much better , I can't compute when or where they had changed , but they just did .Beechyhead is a great place to stop for a break and a bit of site seeing , and tp put the teeth back in after riding the really bumpy road leading to the top ! After a bit of tweaking , the area and roads are a deffo "SFTW" ride in my opinion. Also it was a pleasure to meet Pam too. Is it only me but I can't view your Tunnel video as it's locked into "Private" ??
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Jul 11 2011, 13:38

Wow! What a find!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jul 11 2011, 13:48

You have my vote, I really enjoyed it and would love to do it again even Beechy Head (just has to be done).

Subject to being free count me in. Clap
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jul 11 2011, 13:49

ellie wrote:

Wow! What a find!

Beginning of June it only had 6,500, wracked up quite a few miles quickly.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jul 11 2011, 13:56

espaceman3 wrote: I can't compute when or where they had changed

The A272 up to Haywards Heath is a major A. The road from where we paused and regrouped becomes a minor A and I feel better for riding.
espaceman3 wrote: Is it only me but I can't view your Tunnel video as it's locked into "Private" ??

Embarassed sorry, maybe it'll work now.

I'm interested in how you found the road from Guildford John (Manor69), possibly you felt under pressure to get to us that you didn't take much notice. I'm rather partial to the B2133 through Loxwood after taking my own Alford bypass route from the A281. My take on the bypass is another suspension test area and if you're not careful you may feel you are in a rodeo naughty
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jul 11 2011, 14:28

Sorry, don't remember a thing - it's all a blurr! Plus I messed up in Guildford so not sure what road I came in on.

Actually the only thing I can remember is thinking do the cars down south have accelerators and why are there so many bloody 30mph signs!!!!

Hope this helps - LOL.

John.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jul 11 2011, 14:47

I think it is compulsory to mess up in Guildford and the sign boards are designed to make sure you do.

Cars down here do have accelerators, mirrors and indicators, but most people are petrified to use them. You may now understand why there isn't a Southern Ride out and I'm forever migrating north.

Yes thanks, your assessment was very helpful, but if you don't mind I'll just go and try it out again, just to be sure Very Happy
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jul 11 2011, 15:39

I didn't help that I couldn't see my SatNav - especially if the sun was shinning off the tanks bag.

...but if you don't mind I'll just go and try it out again, just to be sure

I assumed you would - being as dilligent as you are. Very Happy

Side note: was in the Local Dealers and bumped into a couple, they told me to look up baby bikers in Lemington Spa for Kids biking clothes, they also do tradeins so may be able to pick up clothing for Abi at reasonable price.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 11 2011, 19:46

Maybe I should have a little recce in my neck of the woods and close by. old
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jul 11 2011, 19:58

espaceman3 wrote:Maybe I should have a little recce in my neck of the woods and close by. old

Have you got a tunnel as well? deal
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 11 2011, 20:00

Manor69 wrote:
espaceman3 wrote:Maybe I should have a little recce in my neck of the woods and close by. old

Have you got a tunnel as well? deal

I'm sure I can find one , I'll make it a priority Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  firemaster Thu Jul 14 2011, 10:28

Is it still on this weekend?
doin me best to get the time off.
firemaster
firemaster
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 305
Hobbies : I.T/Retained FireFighter
Humour : Dont make i laff
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 10:29

firemaster wrote:Is it still on this weekend?
doin me best to get the time off.

What are you talking about ? What weekend ? pmsl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  firemaster Thu Jul 14 2011, 11:18

uh loomies cafe 10am sat to eastborne or have i missed something?
firemaster
firemaster
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 11:21

Erm you're a week too late lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  firemaster Thu Jul 14 2011, 11:22

oh shoot i take it it was last week end arghhh, i thought it was the 16th
thats it gonna go hang meself now
firemaster
firemaster
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Jul 14 2011, 11:27

firemaster wrote:Is it still on this weekend?

Sorry mate it was last weekend. My apologies if there was confusion about the date, maybe I ought to have changed the topic heading.
I won't rub it in that you missed a good day out :(
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 11:32

Numpty point ?! rofl2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Jul 14 2011, 11:54

I think so, but I'll let someone else second it Wink
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14 2011, 12:05

This is deffo one fire that can't be put out , deffo a numpty point lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next