Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted! Ignition switch must be suitable with import spec bike

2 posters

Go down

Wanted! Ignition switch must be suitable with import spec bike Empty Wanted! Ignition switch must be suitable with import spec bike

Post  Littledel Thu May 10 2012, 15:43

Hello
In desperate need of a ignition switch for me cat. However mines a import so only has 4 wires and 1 connector. Keys would be great. Name a price. If not does anyone know where I could get imported parts from?
Ta
Matt
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 91
Hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Wanted! Ignition switch must be suitable with import spec bike Empty Re: Wanted! Ignition switch must be suitable with import spec bike

Post  weasley Thu May 10 2012, 18:24

There are different ones?! How does an import one differ from a UK one? Which country is it imported from?
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Wanted! Ignition switch must be suitable with import spec bike Empty Re: Wanted! Ignition switch must be suitable with import spec bike

Post  Littledel Thu May 10 2012, 18:32

Yup, I didn't think there would be till I matched the two up and then twigged.lol And the difference is the one I have the lights come on as soon as the ignitions turned on. so there are slightly different number of wires If you look at a uk one there is on,off,lock and then park. But on mine there is on,off and lock. And the main difference is mines has 4 wires instead off 6 and only has one connector. A uk one has two connectors. managed to makle up the one I got from eBay which has 6 wires. It's a bit Heath Robinson but it works. And I think mines from America.
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 91
Hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down