Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still in China

5 posters

Go down

Still in China Empty Still in China

Post  billyw Wed Sep 26 2012, 20:37

oops
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Still in China Empty Re: Still in China

Post  Stu Wed Sep 26 2012, 22:53

Lucky to be alive.
Stu
Stu
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 129
Hobbies : Engineer/Surfing
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Thu Sep 27 2012, 10:49

I love the press and the way they have to try to dramatise everything, I can only presume the writer didn't know the video clip was going to accompany their words.

"The woman managed to jump out of the way to avoid the vehicle at an intersection in the Beilun District of the city. "

Watch the clip, she rode on to the road armed only with her 'ped and her overwhelming lack of self-preservation, looking directly at the massive metal object coming in her direction she still went.

Then the video shows from the other side of the truck and you see her just standing there holding the handle bars as the truck driver tries to swing around her.

TV Interview:

Reporter:
"This unlikely modern day heroine today survived an onslaught of both metal and rubber as a truck driver tried to run her down. She was the intended victim of a rogue truck driver who was driving along in his lane minding his own business and seemingly watching the road ahead of him for any dangers. It seems that HE was the only danger on the road that day.

This poor, poor lady was just trying to cross the road, she tells us in her own words"

Daft Bint:
"I was simply trying to cross the road, I came to the crossing and remember seeing a red light, I remember that because I thought it was very pretty, anyway I saw this truck driving up the road close to where I wanted to cross, so as any normal person would do, I waited until the vehicle got close to me and then pulled out infront of it"

Reporter:
“How did you feel when the truck driver tried to run you down”

Daft Bint:
“Well, I just couldn’t believe it, I pulled right infront of the truck and for no reason whatsoever, the driver swerved. I stood there holding onto my bike and staring at him as I thought I may somehow instantly develop telekinetic abilities but it never happened. As he hit the bike I kept hold of it which span around and I landed on the floor. I mean really, WHO drives like that, he needs to be jailed for driving dangerously”

Reporter:
“There you have it, this poor woman today has cheated death. Madam, you are a heroine to the nation. This is Kent Brockman signing off, Stay classy BBC”
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Sep 27 2012, 11:09

When she realised it was going to go Pete Tong she must have thought "I'd better put my foot down here" but she actually did....by braking and putting her foot down on the ground.

A wee twist of the wrist would have saved her and the bike.

The lorry may have been going faster than the speed limit, he may have jumped a red right or ridden through a pelican crossing. I don't think you tell from the video.

At least he was observant and tried to avoid the lemming looking for locus.

The rider/pedestrian (still can't quite work that out) is having a kamikaze day nonetheless.

Just like I keep reminding my wee boy...the green man does NOT mean it is safe to cross. It means you need to make sure the traffic is stopping/stopped BEFORE you cross.

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Sep 27 2012, 19:50

stretchie_ wrote:
Daft Bint:
so as any normal person would do, I waited until the vehicle got close to me and then pulled out infront of it"

Bad enough on a bicycle, but these same 'normal' people then do the same when in a car as I'm sure we have all found out. Nice to have confirmation though that I'm abnormal Laughing
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Fri Sep 28 2012, 09:46

Rosco wrote:The lorry may have been going faster than the speed limit, he may have jumped a red right or ridden through a pelican crossing. I don't think you tell from the video.

It's a good job yer pretty... rofl

She jumped the red light

SteveCat wrote:Nice to have confirmation though that I'm abnormal Laughing

No doubt about that our kid ; )
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY