Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mac 2017 - Who's in? (21nd July 3 nights) Staying in Callander - two great rideouts (22nd/23rd)

+6
The White One
Little Ninja
Robcat
terry lees
SteveCat
Rosco
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Big Mac 2017 - Who's in? (21nd July 3 nights) Staying in Callander - two great rideouts (22nd/23rd) - Page 2 Empty Big Mac 2017 - Who's in? (21nd July 3 nights) Staying in Callander - two great rideouts (22nd/23rd)

Post  Rosco Thu Jan 12 2017, 02:57

First topic message reminder :

Hi Folks

Looking to stay in Callander here - http://callanderhostel.co.uk for this years Big Mac.

(Please view the link on a PC as the mobile version of the site isn't great and doesn't show you much.

I'm looking to get at least 8 folks signed up ASAP willing to fill an 8-bed dorm for all 3 nights as that is what I've booked and will need to cancel any unused spaces in one weeks time.

Prices will be cheap n cheerful as usual - rough guide - approx £30-35 pppn and that includes breakfast, evening meals (cooked by our talented in-house chef's(me & you) and drinks (although we might go out (or get take-away) the Saturday night)

I'm taking £30 pp to secure your booking (this is effectively your food and drink bill) and i'll book your space.
If you need to cancel for whatever reason and give enough notice (7 days) I can refund you this amount.

The cost for the accommodation is payable directly to the Hostel on arrival on the 21st July.

The large dorms are all 8 bed and all mixed.
There is an all female dorm that at the time of writing had 2 spaces free.
The twins/doubles are £65 per room per night I believe.

Come Sunday night I'll either be refunding or asking for a few quid to balance the books with the food/drinks bill.

Just noticed there is a "Scottish Real Ale shop" in Callander Smile
http://www.scottishrealales.com
and it is right next door to the Duke's Pass.....It would be rude not to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14gFDD2rOzU

We need to be fairly quick to book our places as it is a popular spot.

Please reply with your details if you wish to attend and I'll PM you with details on how to pay me the £30 to secure your place.

e.g. Rosco & my big mate Alfonso - all 3 nights please in the big dorm.

If you don't fancy the accommodation you're still welcome to sort your own and do the rideout.

Cheers
Rosco

Last edited by Rosco on Thu Jan 12 2017, 11:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2017 - Who's in? (21nd July 3 nights) Staying in Callander - two great rideouts (22nd/23rd) - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Mac 2017 - Who's in? (21nd July 3 nights) Staying in Callander - two great rideouts (22nd/23rd)

Post  Rosco Mon Jul 10 2017, 16:53

Think we might need to rename this teensy weensy mac.
At least we've got 4.
Fingers crossed my MOT goes thorough on the 17th.
Looking forward to it.

Was going to threaten not to run it next year but dreading the "it was always pish anyway" comments.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Big Mac 2017 - Who's in? (21nd July 3 nights) Staying in Callander - two great rideouts (22nd/23rd) - Page 2 Empty Re: Big Mac 2017 - Who's in? (21nd July 3 nights) Staying in Callander - two great rideouts (22nd/23rd)

Post  terry lees Mon Jul 10 2017, 20:45

Thinking on pretty much similar lines Ross, as you know only a few coming to this years S&T might just call it a day after this one, unless someone else would like to take over.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Mon Jul 10 2017, 21:08

Maybe it's us? Just a thought.....

I've always loved BM, great roads, nice food, good beer & whisky. Only downside is putting up with Rosco for a whole weekend rofl

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Mon Jul 10 2017, 21:50

Maybe this site has a load of Sunday warriors that don't like to travel afar.

It's good to explore different parts of the UK. Or is it Scotlands weather that puts folk off?
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 519
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Jul 10 2017, 23:07

Eddie990 wrote:Maybe it's us? Just a thought.....

I've always loved BM, great roads, nice food, good beer & whisky. Only downside is putting up with Rosco for a whole weekend rofl

I know you love me really.

Who else makes your van smell the way I do.

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Jul 11 2017, 07:32

The forums dying a death and that's probably the reason the rideouts are less well supported.

The rideouts are (almost) spread evenly to cover the whole of the UK so if you can't make one, you can make the other. The attendees at BC have changed over the years.

People have no idea how much hard work, time and expense goes into running these rideouts unless they've done one.

I just don't understand why anyone would pass up the chance of maybe getting a glimpse of Rosco in a black curly wig and a red sequinned thong?  Question
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Jul 11 2017, 09:19

Rosco wrote:
Fingers crossed my MOT goes thorough on the 17th.
Looking forward to it.
We do too, otherwise the three of us will be taking in turns to pillion you  Shocked  Smile  Very Happy
I never did, that malrkey starts again in March for me Wink
Oh you meant the ride-out !!

For the effort which goes into organising an event, having a low turnout does make one wonder why did 'I' bother.
The first forum ride-out I organised , the Southern Softies, had 4 bikes. This years Oxon Ride is 50% better attended than the SS. I'm afraid if left purely to this site that number would have been lower, co-advertised it on Facebook and invited those on my list from this site. Two went on to invite their friends and one each accepted. Also the response was within minutes not days or weeks

Eddie990 wrote: Only downside is putting up with Rosco for a whole weekend rofl

Not quite the whole weekend Chris, he's been known to nod off Laughing
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Tue Jul 11 2017, 09:30

Well I couldn't do Wales as I was at Le Mans for the Moto GP and I canna do S&T as I'll be in Spain with a few others on here. Otherwise, I'd be gladly doing the meetings. Making everything else though I will be.

Can imagine that scenario again with Ross leading a ride with no sat nav or sence of direction but just relying on intercom feed from you Steve on where to go.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Jul 11 2017, 10:51

Terrifying thought Rob, I don't think anyone wants to see me try and chase a Flying Scotsman giving dodgy instructions again Wink
My new satnav doesn't allow me to put in new routes whilst riding and just to think I paid extra for it to do that!!
Might bring my old satnav fittings and if we see a Thundercat without a cradle we can fit one whilst Ross isn't looking Smile

What is the fuel plan, to be fuelled up ready to go on Saturday or make it the first stop in the morning? I might just stick with what I always do and fill up close to the venue on the Friday night - will only have 30~50 miles left in the tank.
I am not going to stop over part way up, will set off around 9am, hopefully the traffic will have died down a little and the estimated arrival time at Callander Hostel will be 7 ish - 470 miles of mainly motorway Rolling Eyes
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jul 11 2017, 14:29

I'll try and get Fatcat's old thundercat bracket fitted with the Zumo on it before Friday Steve.
Thanks Ian Smile

Alternatively I can plot a route in google maps and use the Bluetooth to have it talk to me.

Unfortunately my leathers and helmet got a bit mouldy in Chris's van on the Isle of Man. I've cleaned them and febreezed them and hopefully they will be wearable in time for Big Mac.

Chris said his van smelled of stale sex.

No idea what kind of sex he has. It wasn't with me although we did get very drunk.
Dirty boy.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Jul 11 2017, 14:48

That reminds me Ross, how is bos 3, you know, the one you've never told us about, the one you forgot to check the oil level on? Suppose its found a resting place in a corner next to bos 2. Ah well I'm sure they'll be happy together. A little ironic really, one burns it the other sups it.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jul 11 2017, 19:27

terry lees wrote:That reminds me Ross, how is bos 3, you know, the one you've never told us about, the one you forgot to check the oil level on? Suppose its found a resting place in a corner next to bos 2. Ah well I'm sure they'll be happy together. A little ironic really, one burns it the other sups it.

My lips are as sealed as it's engine Terry.

Bag of sh!t3.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Tue Jul 18 2017, 20:13

Do we have all systems go Ross with your bikes MOT?
Think I might invest in one of those bmw scooter things, ( remember those C1's) which had that canopy on which kept out the rain.

Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Jul 20 2017, 08:49

It managed to pass Rob.

As you, Steve and Terry know Big Mac has been cancelled this year.

This is due to a combination of circumstances outwith the control of attendees.
The weather forecast has made the decision much easier too.

Thankfully there was no charge from the hostel and monies paid have been refunded.

Fingers crossed for a bigger and better one next year with better weather.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2