Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cush drive rubbers

3 posters

Go down

Cush drive rubbers Empty Cush drive rubbers

Post  halfcut333 Mon Jun 21 2021, 21:04

Hello a newby here so apologies if (a) I'm posting this in the wrong place OR (b) it's already been posted debated and discussed.  So, I have a 2000 model which has had a sprocket and chain kit fitted (DID) but still the transmission feels bit a rough.  I thought I might change the rear cush drive rubbers so looked for the OEM parts and found them to be an eye watering £60 for a set.  There are other after market parts for less than half the cost.  Does anyone have a view about which is the best way to go with this?
halfcut333
halfcut333

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-06-21

Back to top Go down

Cush drive rubbers Empty Re: Cush drive rubbers

Post  SteveCat Tue Jun 22 2021, 09:54

Hi, welcome to the site.

Sorry I don't have a suggestion which is the better way to go. I'm also not aware that it's an item which has been discussed much nor replaced. Maybe you could find them 2nd hand.

Maybe post up the problem you are experiencing with the rough transmission and someone might be able to assist, the problem could be elsewhere.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Cush drive rubbers Empty Re: Cush drive rubbers

Post  Robcat Tue Jun 22 2021, 14:40

Hi there.
What's the mileage of your steed?
Not heard of the drive rubbers being a problem but I know they wear easily on big single cylinder engine's. Best way is to take the back wheel off and look for perished rubber and see if the sprocket carrier all tally up nicely before you start splashing the cash. How's the chain slack?
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down