Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxholes campsite signup and discussion

+6
Snowcat
mrfrance
thunderstu600
YZFJohn
Cheshirecat
SteveCat
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Foxholes campsite signup and discussion - Page 2 Empty Foxholes campsite signup and discussion

Post  SteveCat Fri Jan 17 2014, 14:13

First topic message reminder :

Both Eco cabins have been booked

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Stevecat & Pam             
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]YZFJohn                            
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Thunderstu                        
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]AlleyCat                             
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]AlleyDad                            
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Snowcat                
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Mike      
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Prime                                
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Cheshire Cat          
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Mr France               sorted

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Helmet Dave

Last edited by SteveCat on Wed May 21 2014, 00:09; edited 32 times in total (Reason for editing : updated the list)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Foxholes campsite signup and discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Foxholes campsite signup and discussion

Post  SteveCat Mon Jan 20 2014, 19:38

The boiler was OK, the challenge was figuring out how to swap over the empty gas cylinder, then get rid of the air lock! At least you had hot water last year Paul, I recall the gas ran out before you had your shower the year before.

Thanks for sorting the tea Stu, sorry I don't drink the stuff, so have no idea what's good and what isn't. I did take some fairy and cloths last year, think the packaging for the fairy threw people - not expecting it to be in a visor spray bottle with duck tape around the outside Smile
Apologies for not being organised, in my defence I had one day between getting back from the Alps and heading off for BC.

What was it we needed to get for Helmet Dave, Paul? Was it tomato sauce?

SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Foxholes campsite signup and discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Foxholes campsite signup and discussion

Post  Cheshirecat Mon Jan 20 2014, 19:42

Word of advice for people staying in the cabin, under NO circumstances must you listen to me when I say " I know a short cut back from the pub"
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon Jan 20 2014, 19:43

Steve, no bodies having a dig at you, your organisation is always appreciated.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Mon Jan 20 2014, 19:48

steve are both cabins full ??
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Jan 20 2014, 20:00

YZFJohn wrote:Steve,  no bodies having a dig at you, your organisation is always appreciated.
I know John, thanks, but I did fluff on the tea and coffee a bit  Laughing 

Cath, on paper it is full, but maybe if someone is happy to sleep where MrFrance bunked down then there will be place for you and Owen.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Mon Jan 20 2014, 20:07

just exploring options steve, waiting to hear back from the b&b we used last year, otherwise will be looking for a bed lol
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Tue Jan 21 2014, 00:59

YZFJohn wrote:Steve,  no bodies having a dig at you, your organisation is always appreciated.

ditto you can't do it all yourself Steve. You did a great job of looking after us anyways lol. Takes us all to pitch in to make it perfect. Lets us know if you need anything. Plenty of time to organise too
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  TT_mark Tue Jan 21 2014, 07:34

Snowcat wrote:No worries steve just let me know and ill gladly oblige.

Thanks again for organising it, just need the weather booking now Smile

Cheers

Steve

Ive been having words already to my good friend who hasnt let me down on the last two BC rides and also TOL last year. So hopefully.
TT_mark
TT_mark
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 219
Hobbies : Joiner
Humour : loves to ride and fly in helicopters...
Registration date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Tue Jan 21 2014, 18:46

Steak and Chips for breakfast on rideout day sounds good to me. Goes down well in Florida for breakfast. Lol
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Jan 28 2014, 19:04

littlecat wrote:just exploring options steve, waiting to hear back from the b&b we used last year, otherwise will be looking for a bed lol

You heard back Cath?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Wed Jan 29 2014, 07:28

yes, we're booked into the old time again so sorted thanks Smile
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Apr 24 2014, 12:17

It's end of April already  Rolling Eyes will be sending the balance owed off to Foxholes in a week or so.
Could I ask those who have paid the deposit to please send me the balance (£30), thanks.

A reminder of what you'll need to bring. Sheets or a sleeping bag and a pillow case. There are duvet fillers and pillows but that's it. Also towel and toiletries.
Bedding can be hired from the office if you prefer.

I'm trying something different this year, instead of doing a shop at the Co-Op (thanks team gravel rash for helping last year) will use Tesco.com and have it delivered. I'm pretty sure there's something flawed in my logic of thinking it'll make life easier.

Who's keen on the taxi idea? I'll look into it and see what size vehicles they have. What time would folk want to have it?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Apr 24 2014, 12:22

Tesco.com and taxis fine by me, I'll get your money off to you for Mike and me later pal, sure I still have your details somewhere.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Apr 24 2014, 13:09

Tesco & Taxi OK with me.

May need recovery truck as well with the way my years going.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Apr 24 2014, 13:18

Balance paid for Mike and me

Cheers Steve
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Apr 24 2014, 13:51

Many Thanks Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Apr 24 2014, 13:57

YZFJohn wrote:

For you or the bike?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Apr 24 2014, 16:31

SteveCat wrote:
YZFJohn wrote:

For you or the bike?

Propably Both!!!

Currently trying to fix Fuel Pump now after having done this year; dodgy electrics, battery, tyres, screen, rear wheel bearings, headstock bearings, endcan (my fault - cut Viper too short and is now too loud for most tracks, 103Db with Db killer) and I know it didn't need it but it was a bargain - did a conversion to 2012 rear shock.

Still can't find a right-side panel to replace the damaged one.  LMAO 
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Apr 28 2014, 14:09

Balance of money owed to Foxholes has been sent off today.

Will look into taxi's on Friday and Saturday night, if anyone would prefer to walk up the hill or possibly take a short cut and get lost, let me know - otherwise I'll aim at accommodating everyone - head back around 11pm?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Mon Apr 28 2014, 14:12

Hi Steve, sorry will sort out the cash to you now for the accommodation. I'm happy to walk back through that short cut in the field  Very Happy I'm sure Alex and Dave will too... don't know about Alex's dad though, I'll drop him a text.
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Apr 28 2014, 15:26

Thanks Paul, if you don't mind also asking what's his name otherwise I'll carry on calling him AlleyDad   Wink 

Will hold off on the taxi enquiries then till we have an idea of who would like to follow Team Gravel Rash through the undergrowth field. I did last year and we got back without getting lost.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Mon Apr 28 2014, 17:26

SteveCat wrote: follow Team Gravel Rash through the undergrowth field. I did last year and we got back without getting lost.
Always an adventure
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Apr 28 2014, 17:58

I don't mind walking or Taxi, 11pm might be a little early for some though Steve. I don't mind short cuts as long as not with Kev & Chris as we were clearly lost last year Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Sat May 03 2014, 20:22

Snowcat wrote:I don't mind walking or Taxi, 11pm might be a little early for some though Steve. I don't mind short cuts as long as not with Kev & Chris as we were clearly lost last year Wink

LOST??? we got back eventually didn't we? hahaha
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Sun May 04 2014, 21:47

It was a pleasant walk in the countryside as far as im concerned ; )
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed May 07 2014, 22:29

I take it the consensus is to walk back at whatever time and route suits, ordinarily I'd do the same. Pam is joining me this year and she won't be able to cope with the hill climb, so I'll be arranging a taxi to take us and 1 other back, if anyone would prefer to taxi it back please let me know, either in this forum or via PM.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next