Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New bike : ) KIND OF : ?

Go down

New bike : )   KIND OF  : ? Empty New bike : ) KIND OF : ?

Post  stretchie_ Mon Jul 20 2009, 11:28

Bought the missus a bike (instead of using the money to fix the cat.. It MUST be love)

She keeps saying she's going to do her licence so I've bought her this as a bribe...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's gorgeous, it's 19 years old but well tidy under the tank, the fairings have little issues but it's not bad for the ages. 20K on the clock, went to see it had a good look around all seemed good, started from cold easily, sounded good and ran well. Went back with the boss to see if she liked it and she fell in love with it so I test rode it, felt great although the suspension is quite soft, it'll do for now though, I'm going to put some progressive springs and heavier fork oil in the front and a CBR600 shock at the back to sort that out.

Few days later went to pick it up, performed flawlessly on the ride home and sounds GREAT, never thought a 400 could sound this good. A couple days later took it out, then took the boss to a car park for her first ride on a/the bike and she did great

Got it out the following day and there was a problem Crying or Very sad sounded wrong, it was only running on three cylinders.. Have done some tests and the coil pack had failed, so got a second hand one on the way and hopefully all will be well again.

The only problem is, someone is going to HAVE TO ride it. I mean, it's just been removed from it's old home, it MUST be suffering some sort of removal anxiety or something, I feel that someone should take it out, put a few miles on it and make it feel like one of the family.

But there we have a nother problem. It is her bike after all, but she has no licence...

What do you think I should do about that then naughty naughty naughty
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

New bike : )   KIND OF  : ? Empty Re: New bike : ) KIND OF : ?

Post  Guest Mon Jul 20 2009, 18:17

See, the problem is, if it doesn't get ridden then it's going to seize up isn't it? AND if she HASN'T taken her test yet then, as her OH you owe it to her to make sure that the bike is completely road worthy and suitable for her and the only way you can really do that is to take it for a little spin, and as you won't be used to riding it you'll have to have a few rides to make completely sure. Only real problem is it's not a cat but then, beggars can't be choosers eh? Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 20 2009, 21:33

and of course, you have to take her along as a pillion, just so that she knows what she is missing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Mon Jul 20 2009, 22:26

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:See, the problem is, if it doesn't get ridden then it's going to seize up isn't it? AND if she HASN'T taken her test yet then, as her OH you owe it to her to make sure that the bike is completely road worthy and suitable for her and the only way you can really do that is to take it for a little spin

EXACTLY

topcatbones wrote:and of course, you have to take her along as a pillion, just so that she knows what she is missing.

Alas, it does not have pillion pegs on (they are in a bag in the garage but I seem to have forgotten how to use a ratchet clappy )
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down