Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bishops Castle 4, Shropshire & Wales Rideout Saturday May 26th 2012

+26
owen.dyer146
SteveCat
Klitcat
Cheshirecat
westy
smig
Snowcat
0ldcat
Robcat
yamahamad
Dirt Bike Dave
prodigy
Radar
mrfrance
HEHORE
Eddie990
Rosco
mechy69
YZFJohn
Dai-San
weasley
littlecat
greencat
ellie
MrNutt
robertcains
30 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

question Bishops Castle 4, Shropshire & Wales Rideout Saturday May 26th 2012

Post  robertcains Tue Nov 15 2011, 19:31

First topic message reminder :

An open discussion please guys & gals on who is likely to be interested in next years BC.

After much deliberation & peeps asking so they can book holidays off work, build up enough Brownie points etc a date of Saturday 26th May has been decided for BC4, There were a number of reasons for this inc avoiding Bank holidays, BC's own local events & not least 'cos its the gaffers (Ellie Wink ) birthday on Saturday

As usual the ride will be centered around Shropshire & Wales & peeps are welcome to join for just the rideout or to B&B/camp for both the Friday & Saturday nights with food in the local hostelries which will be announced in due course.

B&B's are aplenty & most will take a booking in advance without requiring payment untill the weekend in question so its always a good idea to book early as last year it got very busy with a local wedding taking up some of the B&B's we normally use.

Below is a link to the main places to stay all within easy walking distance & please just ask if I can offer any help or advice, The Claremont also have as well as B&B a property which can be shared by a number of peeps who may wish to reduce costs by sharing & if I remember correctly a garage they have allowed us to use for the bikes in the past.

Thanks Nick

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

question Re: Bishops Castle 4, Shropshire & Wales Rideout Saturday May 26th 2012

Post  Snowcat Tue May 22 2012, 08:02

Really looking forward to this now, weathers looking like its going to hold and make it a storming weekend weather wise, suspension is set up and working so just a final few checks etc with levels and good to go.

Obviously with excitement comes a little apprehension, first ride out with you guys and with so many people, being one of the less experienced riders but I'm sure you'll all look after the newb Smile

Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

question Re: Bishops Castle 4, Shropshire & Wales Rideout Saturday May 26th 2012

Post  SteveCat Tue May 22 2012, 09:10

Snowcat wrote: being one of the less experienced riders but I'm sure you'll all look after the newb Smile

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Quite often written explanations seem far more complicated than they really are. If you aren't familiar with the marker/drop off system you will be within 15-30 minutes.

Ride at your own pace, don't feel pressurised to try and keep up - the markers will wait and show the way. The sweeper/ Tail end Charlie will make sure everyone's OK. Name of the game is we all enjoy ourselves whatever our pace (then you turn out to be the dark horse and show us the way home CoolVery Happy ) .

sunny
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Tue May 22 2012, 09:16

You'll be kicking yourself for worry too much come lunchtime as you will twig how well the system works to allow all riders to ride at their own pace.

You'll love it. Question Crying or Very sad
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue May 22 2012, 09:42

YZFJohn wrote:You'll be kicking yourself for worry too much come lunchtime as you will twig how well the system works to allow all riders to ride at their own pace.

You'll love it. Question Crying or Very sad
I do tend to over think and over complicate things to be honest and I know I'm going to have a great day, I really can't wait Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue May 22 2012, 09:42

Oh and I'll be the one to cock any system up, trust me Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  owen.dyer146 Tue May 22 2012, 15:24

anyone know ruff route as i mey be out and about just dont fancy coming up that far any of route coming down towards llandovery ?
owen.dyer146
owen.dyer146
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 185
Hobbies : workshop maniger mazda main dealer
Registration date : 2012-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue May 22 2012, 17:14

I think the nearest we'll get to Llandovery is about 50 miles away.

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  owen.dyer146 Tue May 22 2012, 17:35

Ok thanx anyway thought id ask .
owen.dyer146
owen.dyer146
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 185
Hobbies : workshop maniger mazda main dealer
Registration date : 2012-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Tue May 22 2012, 22:59

greencat wrote:Yep, I aim to be with you for 1pm at J&S. Earlier if possible; then I can have a quick mooch around the store.

Any problems and I'll give you a call.

Cheers,
Chris

Don't worry Chris we can wait whilst you have a look around the store not in any big rush anyway.... I wouldn't mind a bite to eat at the raven do some ok food at a reasonable price...
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sat May 26 2012, 19:02

Well, that was an interesting day! Overall another classic ride-out, with weather, roads and laughs. Three tumbles, two minor, one a bit bigger but the rider is ok and thankfully unbroken.

Probably the worst bit of it all was the arrival of Klitkat and Rose; what a pair - I think I speak for the rest of us when I say they were not what we expected at all. Hopefully won't see them again though.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sat May 26 2012, 19:20

Echoed there mate, really enjoyable made some new friends and met some really nice people (except Klitkat & Rose!!) think I did okay for my first ride out and really can't wait until I can get out and do it again, thanks to everyone who made it possible, Ross and DBD for making it, also the "Leg End" Terry for grrtting there even if not on the ride, Steve for Tail ending all day and Nick & Ellie for organising (using the royal we there Nick Smile )
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai-San Sat May 26 2012, 20:24

Was a great day bar the incidents.

Fantastic weather, fantastic company and some fantastic roads.

Thanks to everyone involved in organising the event and everyone who turned up, as always a great bunch of friendly people (baring Klit and Rose of course).

I'm downloading the video footage as I type so I'll post up the interesting stuff.

Have a safe ride home everyone.
Dai-San
Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 338
Hobbies : IT
Humour : I work in IT, am I allowed Humour?
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sat May 26 2012, 23:36

Sounds like you guys have had an 'interesting' day ponder Glad to hear that everyone is safe after a few spills.... but definately looking forward to the forthcoming write ups and dirt dishing affraid

Hope you're all having a entertaining and beer filled evening, you certainly picked a damn fine weekend for it..... enjoy!! clink Guinness

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Sat May 26 2012, 23:39

Well a massive thanks to Nick and his beloved wife to be, for the roads and route picked and all the organising of the event.

Roads was brilliant today and was spot on for the naff top speed of a certain ducati ! Lots of bends with no real emphasise on lots of speed.

I'm sure I've seen reports of a higher top speed of them 1199's but I must be mistaken.....

Blessed with cracking weather aswell which is one of the reasons why biking is so enjoyable.

Me and Tony arrived back in Worksop at 10 after setting off at 7 from Bishops Castle and we had a trip upto Buxton on the way back. Some more nice roads around there.

Hope you all enjoy yourselves down there before your homeward bound run tommorow.

A cracking day to remember!

Ride safe.

Rob.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 519
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun May 27 2012, 01:15

Klitcats girlfriend's the ugliest woman I've ever seen
Lol,
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun May 27 2012, 06:58

Another fantastic BC!

Scorching weather and superb Welsh roads.

Great to have all the Admins & Mods there too.

Full story when we get home!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sun May 27 2012, 07:14

ellie wrote:Klitcats girlfriends the ugliest woman I've ever seen
Lol,

A genuine bearded lady!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun May 27 2012, 07:27

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:
ellie wrote:Klitcats girlfriend's the ugliest woman I've ever seen
Lol,

A genuine bearded lady!!

I can vouch for her having a really dirty cat but didn't get to find out any more about her.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun May 27 2012, 07:52

don,t you have any mirrors in your house ellie LMAO
IN COMING TAKE COVER
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Sun May 27 2012, 10:09

o my god what did they do that was so bad cant wait to hear about this
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun May 27 2012, 11:51

ellie wrote:Klitcats girlfriend's the ugliest woman I've ever seen
Lol,
Was it me or did she have a bit of a five o'clock shadow, and her hair was a little short, then again could be the fashion over there Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Sun May 27 2012, 13:33

home safe, brilliant weekend guys, apart from the incidents obviously , glad everyones ok tho... unpacking the bike and heading off out to play... ice cream in matlock anyone , lol.
personally i thought the odd couple were kinda cute in a wierd and bizarre way lol Very Happy
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun May 27 2012, 14:32

littlecat wrote: unpacking the bike and heading off out to play... ice cream in matlock anyone
If you'd said that 2 hours ago I may have joined you, stuck cleaning the barbecue and digging footings now for The Mistress's new home, builders here tomorrow Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Sun May 27 2012, 15:15

I'm home now. Going to have a nap. :sleep:
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sun May 27 2012, 15:24

Home! After a cracking Saturday ride, I had a fantastic ride home - found a really good route, the weather was amazing and even the traffic was light and easily dispatched. The best way to round off a great weekend.

Well done to Nick and Ellie - despite the various 'challenges' it was an event to be proud of.

Thanks to everyone who turned up, got stuck in and made it what it was. I hope Mark is back on board soon and the Cat and R1 that went off-roading are clean and fit in no time.

I'm gutted I can't do ToL this year but so glad I did BC4. Let's do it again some time!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun May 27 2012, 16:29

Back save and sound, just waiting for ChrissEddie to get from Yorkshire on my Thundercat...it has been a busy weekend.

Cheers to all involved with special thanks to Nick, Ellie and Stevecat in particular.

Some great roads, and fun inbetween all the action!

Review and pics will take a few days, I have quite a bit of material!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next