Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bishops Castle 4, Shropshire & Wales Rideout Saturday May 26th 2012

+26
owen.dyer146
SteveCat
Klitcat
Cheshirecat
westy
smig
Snowcat
0ldcat
Robcat
yamahamad
Dirt Bike Dave
prodigy
Radar
mrfrance
HEHORE
Eddie990
Rosco
mechy69
YZFJohn
Dai-San
weasley
littlecat
greencat
ellie
MrNutt
robertcains
30 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

question Bishops Castle 4, Shropshire & Wales Rideout Saturday May 26th 2012

Post  robertcains Tue Nov 15 2011, 19:31

First topic message reminder :

An open discussion please guys & gals on who is likely to be interested in next years BC.

After much deliberation & peeps asking so they can book holidays off work, build up enough Brownie points etc a date of Saturday 26th May has been decided for BC4, There were a number of reasons for this inc avoiding Bank holidays, BC's own local events & not least 'cos its the gaffers (Ellie Wink ) birthday on Saturday

As usual the ride will be centered around Shropshire & Wales & peeps are welcome to join for just the rideout or to B&B/camp for both the Friday & Saturday nights with food in the local hostelries which will be announced in due course.

B&B's are aplenty & most will take a booking in advance without requiring payment untill the weekend in question so its always a good idea to book early as last year it got very busy with a local wedding taking up some of the B&B's we normally use.

Below is a link to the main places to stay all within easy walking distance & please just ask if I can offer any help or advice, The Claremont also have as well as B&B a property which can be shared by a number of peeps who may wish to reduce costs by sharing & if I remember correctly a garage they have allowed us to use for the bikes in the past.

Thanks Nick

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

question Re: Bishops Castle 4, Shropshire & Wales Rideout Saturday May 26th 2012

Post  YZFJohn Sun May 20 2012, 20:37

Visor just broke taking it off to give a good clean, at least I have a spare helmet.

Got a tail tidy from BMF with indicators so will be cutting the broken bits off which by cutting away the broken parts will remove the existing indicators, so hopefully it will look good for BC.

Stroll on Friday, if weather looks good it would be nice to be in leathers.

Last edited by YZFJohn on Mon May 21 2012, 08:18; edited 1 time in total

YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

question Re: Bishops Castle 4, Shropshire & Wales Rideout Saturday May 26th 2012

Post  Cheshirecat Sun May 20 2012, 21:04

Snowcat wrote:Bunkhouse peeps, is anyone bringing coffee, sugar, milk etc or shall I? Saves everyone bringing their own Smile

Might aswell buy milk in Bishops castle Steve or it might turn to milkshake... haha I don't mind chipping in towards coffee, tea and sugar would probs only be a couple of quid each anyway ...

Really looking forward to the Rideout and meeting new people...
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 498
Humour : Humour??
Registration date : 2012-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Klitcat Sun May 20 2012, 21:05

Sorry to hear you helmet John.
Dont break anything more for meet.
See you friday.
Klitcat
Klitcat
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun May 20 2012, 21:29

Dai-San wrote:It will be what it will be and rain or shine it'll be fun.

Precisely! Now, the important stuff.

What time is everyone arriving? And where are we meeting on Friday night - The Boars Head?
I might be arriving early, so I intend starting with a pint or two in The Three Tuns Inn and then heading down to the venue.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun May 20 2012, 21:40

Boars Head 7pm folks, eating at 8.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun May 20 2012, 23:12

Snowcat wrote:Bunkhouse peeps, is anyone bringing coffee, sugar, milk etc or shall I? Saves everyone bringing their own Smile
Can you bring it Snowy,[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] We'll all chip in (he said bravely)
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun May 20 2012, 23:14

greencat wrote:What time is everyone arriving? And where are we meeting on Friday night - The Boars Head?
I might be arriving early, so I intend starting with a pint or two in The Three Tuns Inn and then heading down to the venue.

Cheshirecat (Kev) and I are meeting up on the way and will be there early so can meet up for a pint if you want, PM me you mobly and I'll send you mine and you can call me when you arrive and we'll let you know where we are.

No problem Tel I shall provide brewing up stuff, I assume there's a kettle there?
Cheers

Steve
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun May 20 2012, 23:24

Yup, kettle was there last time
Chris wrote:What time is everyone arriving? And where are we meeting on Friday night - The Boars Head?
Get thee behind me satan Twisted Evil rofl

Oh . . . . and who's got the wheelchair to get me home confused
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun May 20 2012, 23:29

On a serious note . . .

I'm gonna need a taxi to & from "both" nights meets . . . really . . . Rosco's John Steed jokes aside.

Anyone wanna share ?
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Mon May 21 2012, 07:20

Not sure on arrival, around 5-ish? I'll try the Three Tuns if I get there in time!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Mon May 21 2012, 07:32

Tel, me and john will probably share the taxi mate, saves me getting lost in the dark Very Happy
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Mon May 21 2012, 07:40

do all the bunkhouse guys know you need to bring sleeping bag and pillow?
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon May 21 2012, 07:56

littlecat wrote:do all the bunkhouse guys know you need to bring sleeping bag and pillow?
Yeah cheers Cath Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Mon May 21 2012, 08:18

Tel, when are you riding down ? hopefully i will leave early afternoon, but im going via telford to meet up with john
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon May 21 2012, 08:58

Cath if you arrange to meet John at the Telford services on the M54 you don't need to deviate from your route.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Mon May 21 2012, 09:28

Not sure which part of the country everyone is coming from, but me and Snowcat (Steve) are meeting at the new J&S site in Oakmere (near northwich) at 1pm I think, so If anyone Else wants to meet us your welcome to do so.

Do I need something to put under my side stand for the bunkhouse? If so what?.....
Also would you think my disc lock would be ok for securing the bike overnight or should I bring my heavy chain?

Thanks

Kev
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon May 21 2012, 09:42

Cheshirecat wrote:Do I need something to put under my side stand for the bunkhouse? If so what?.....
Also would you think my disc lock would be ok for securing the bike overnight or should I bring my heavy chain?
Kev
You need a puck for under your stand as I understand we park on gravel, I've got spares I can bring if you need one Kev just let me know
Thanks
Steve
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheshirecat Mon May 21 2012, 11:21

Snowcat wrote:
Cheshirecat wrote:Do I need something to put under my side stand for the bunkhouse? If so what?.....
Kev
You need a puck for under your stand as I understand we park on gravel, I've got spares I can bring if you need one Kev just let me know
Thanks
Steve

Yeah if you don't mind Steve, something else I need to buy now!! The list is forever growing, If I could use one of your spare ones that would be great mate,

Cheers Kev

ps.I'll buy you a coffee on the way to Bishops Castle as a way of payment lol (not at J&S though £1.75 is way too much for coffee) £1 at the Raven Cafe and they do a mean Breakfast if your Interested?
Cheshirecat
Cheshirecat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon May 21 2012, 11:35

You can have it in return for a coffee Kev, bit late for breakfast but not ruling it out Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Mon May 21 2012, 12:12

Kev,
the best puck I have is the Oxford magnetic one, very strong and the magned holds it to the bottom of the stand - easy. Hein Gerick do them.

And before any comments are made - I know you have to put the stand down properly!!! fuming

John.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai-San Mon May 21 2012, 14:34

I'm not coming until the Saturday (for the rideout) but what time you guy's hitting the Raven?

It's just down the road for me so I might meet ya for a coffee.
Dai-San
Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 338
Hobbies : IT
Humour : I work in IT, am I allowed Humour?
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon May 21 2012, 17:25

We're meeting at J&S at 1pm, I think Chris (greencat) is meeting us as well and as I don't know the area I'll have to say how ever long it takes to get there from J&S, (Cheshirecat my guide), but you're more than welch to join is for a brew Brian.

Cheers

Steve
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai-San Mon May 21 2012, 19:59

I'd say about 25 - 30mins so give me a call as you leave J & S and I'll meet you at The Raven.

Cheers

Bryan
Dai-San
Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 338
Hobbies : IT
Humour : I work in IT, am I allowed Humour?
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon May 21 2012, 20:35

Will do but could you PM me your number as I don't appear to have it.

Thanks

Steve
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon May 21 2012, 21:50

Yep, I aim to be with you for 1pm at J&S. Earlier if possible; then I can have a quick mooch around the store.

Any problems and I'll give you a call.

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Tue May 22 2012, 08:02

Really looking forward to this now, weathers looking like its going to hold and make it a storming weekend weather wise, suspension is set up and working so just a final few checks etc with levels and good to go.

Obviously with excitement comes a little apprehension, first ride out with you guys and with so many people, being one of the less experienced riders but I'm sure you'll all look after the newb Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next