Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011)

+11
Robcat
Qw8
Radar
westie
Eddie990
erdnuss
0ldcat
andyb
weasley
ellie
Rosco
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 2 Empty Harz Discussion (Germany 2011)

Post  Rosco Wed Jun 02 2010, 13:15

First topic message reminder :

Click on "Spoiler" below to reveal trip info great
Spoiler:
==========================================================================

Woo hoo...I'm first.

I really enjoyed the Eifel trip in 2010. Nice roads, awesome accomodation (said the big spoon), fantastic food and a great bunch of people.

While it is a bit further to get to than last time the additional lure of mountain roads might will no doubt make me sign up very soon.

Dirt Bike Dave and I are Hull to Rotterdam Ferry experts now and will provide advice at the bar!

Anyone else considering it?

Cheers
Rosco

Last edited by 0ldcat on Tue Jan 18 2011, 15:28; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added info to 1st post)
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 2 Empty Re: Harz Discussion (Germany 2011)

Post  furball Sat Jan 22 2011, 16:19

Not sounding good Rob, best of luck to you and Linz

Davie

furball
3Gold
3Gold

Number of posts : 833

Back to top Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 2 Empty Re: Harz Discussion (Germany 2011)

Post  Rosco Tue Jan 25 2011, 00:25

Hope things work out Linz / Rob.

With regret I find myself unable to make this trip due to my colleague going to Vegas for his 40th and since we cover the same area our holidays can't overlap.

Gutted I can't make this one. Maybe another year.

I've spoken to DBD and he is bowing out too as it is too far to go down to join the southern contingent to chunnel it and he'd miss his bedtime stories from me on the ferry.

I'm sure it will be a great one. Can't wait to hear the reports.
Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Qw8 Wed Jan 26 2011, 21:34

weasley wrote:I chose Venlo only as it is nearly half way and I used to live near there 30 years ago.

Ho ho, how close to Venlo? North of it or south of it?
Qw8
Qw8
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 38
Hobbies : IT stuff
Humour : When you spell it right I'll tell you...
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Thu Jan 27 2011, 07:04

Little bit SE I think - Brüggen.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 2 Empty Guessed so...

Post  Qw8 Thu Jan 27 2011, 10:33

Going to swing past Wildenwrath and Osnabruck myself, was in both places mid eighties :-)
Qw8
Qw8
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Tue Feb 15 2011, 13:42

Do we owe anyone anything for this? Deposits etc? Are our places booked mit die Deutschen?

I was planning to book a train and hotel soon, to be sure of a place and get a good deal.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Feb 15 2011, 19:30

weasley wrote:Do we owe anyone anything for this? Deposits etc? Are our places booked mit die Deutschen?
My oppo has reserved 5 places for UK riders at the campsite . . . in the hutts. He'll be collecting money from those attending, I guess on arrival.
We're assuming individuals will be taking sleeping bags and towel(s).

weasley wrote:I was planning to book a train and hotel soon, to be sure of a place and get a good deal.
Train ? from where to where ? Guessing the Auto-train ? . . . Not intending on riding to the meeting ?
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Tue Feb 15 2011, 19:53

Sorry, should have been clearer - "train" = Eurotunnel train, to cross the Channel. whistle

Outline plan is leave on Weds am, cross the Channel around mid-day, carry on to the Dutch/German border, stop for the night, carry on Thurs morning for arrival later in the day on Thurs. Then leave first thing Sun and try to do the return in one hit. Shocked
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Qw8 Tue Feb 15 2011, 20:03

Great minds think alike, I was riding home tonight thinking i should enquire about confirmation etc as i want to book ferry or tunnel etc.

I'll look back through all the details given and see if there are any questions I need answered. Thanks
Qw8
Qw8
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Feb 15 2011, 22:59

weasley wrote:Then leave first thing Sun and try to do the return in one hit. Shocked
I'd say the return to Calais is do-able in a oner. Not to sure how keen you'd be to continue the journey once back UK side. Again probably do-able, but how safely only you can assess and be comfortable with.

Couple of trips back we did Immenstadt to Dunkerque (some 550 miles) in one hit took us 10 hours plus, with fuel and snack stops, we were goosed at the end of that particular marathon and not good company at the formul1 overnight stop, well not until we'd found some refreshments anyhow.
Calais to Kelbra (closest big town to harz campsite) is 470 miles according to via michelin route planner, so not to dissimilar.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed Feb 16 2011, 09:17

Thanks Tel. Yes, I had planned on around 10 hours and had thought I might stop UK-side somewhere on arrival and do the last leg home on Monday morning, but might play this by ear on the day, depending on how it's going.

So do we need to pay any kind of deposit to anyone for the site accommodation?
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 10:56

From my place (RG5) to Harz is 635miles , and AA says it is 10hrs 43 mins , it's a long one but very do-able ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 11:07

0ldcat wrote:quote]My oppo has reserved 5 places for UK riders at the campsite . . . in the hutts. He'll be collecting money from those attending, I guess on arrival.

When you say Huts are those the little buildings listed as Type 1,2 and 3? I think some have toilets and some don't , any idea what Type ? Very Happy Roll on June !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16 2011, 11:11

Actually , they all have toilets and showers .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Feb 16 2011, 11:41

Hi Folks,

There is a link to the holiday park in the info bit at the top of the page (1st post) if you look in the spoiler.

I'm guessing espaceman you found that already and the translate this page bit too.

Deposits: Uli (my oppo) has paid the deposit for the accomm and will recover that from you when you're there.

Bedding & Towels: I do not think he has booked these, so you'll need dossbags & towels.

Huts : I'm guessing he'll put all the UK visitors in one hut, so without looking it'll be the type3 hut.

I'll get in contact with my oppo and confirm as best as possible the above for you.

At the momment there are four of you who have confirmed/committed as going. Sadly due to personal health problems I have no choice at this time but to remove my hat from the ring.
Tis a bugger 'cos I know you'll all have a whale of a time, and I so wanted to be a part of the fun again this year, especially in the Harz as it's a stunningly beautiful part of the country.

I've no doubt that one of you will leap to the fore and take the lead in channel crossing booking, route planning, halfway accomm etc etc.
I remain of course only to willing to help where and if required especially in liaison with accross the water.

Cheers clink
Tel :(
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 2 Empty Making own way there

Post  Qw8 Wed Feb 16 2011, 11:44

Hi
Just to say that I am planning a speed run over, possibly overnight for empty dark roads :-) and a return via Osnabruck and other old stamping grounds so will making my own way out and back.
Qw8
Qw8
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Feb 16 2011, 15:05

espaceman3 wrote:Actually , they all have toilets and showers .
Sorry m8, only the type 1 have toilet and shower.
For some reason the translate thingy thinks "Ohne" means with, when it really means without ! . . . . . "mit" is with, which is only used in the type 1 hut.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachsi Thu Feb 17 2011, 12:42

0ldcat wrote:
But at the risk of sounding like one of the holiday companies I didn't mention it as it starts to escalate costs. Off the top of me 'ed I think it was about €3 per day for towels & €5 per day for bedding, adding an extra €8 per day to costs (€24 in all)per person.
Thats an extra (almost) two thirds of the whole cost of the bungalow for the three days (if you hire bedding & towels).
perhaps i`m wrong, but my knowledge is, that it coast €8 one time, "also" (german word Embarassed ) ; if you want it you pay 8 Euro and have it all the three days, but i ask uli today, perhaps he can say more.

Radar wrote:I a long hard think, I can't do it. But it does sound like a brilliant run. Enjoy folks and I look forward to the pics and stories from the trip
Why it does`t sound like a brilliant run??? i can understand, the time (first weekend in july) is not the best, any of the german cats don`t have time, it coast a loot of money (i see if we are booking the ferry.... Shocked ), but i can assurance, that you will be a lot of fun, meet many friendly people, have good rides and the best memorys Wink

But excuse, some words i don`t understand and perhaps i can`t understand what`s zur individual base. Sorry

0ldcat wrote:
Prices TO BE CONFIRMED ~ my translation may be a bit off wall
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you do it very good!!!!! I don´t think anyone can do it improved than you!!!
great

But for you statement and the smiley i must laugh.... Laughing Good writing!!!
Dachsi
Dachsi
2Bronze
2Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Feb 17 2011, 14:26

From the sign up thread.
Dachsi wrote:what`s with the other from the first list????

@oldcat: If you want to make holidays, perhaps you can tell me where you want to go and what to see... i have some holyday-days (?) left in the office, if you want, we can stay days longer together and drive around!? I think tom & martina, perhaps erdnuss (bertram) will say the same.

@Qw8: same like Oldcat, i read that you knows Osnabrück... it`s not so far from me, it´s near Michael (williderholzwurm by the german cats) and we make some tours a years, perhaps we make one round osnabrück if you want!.
I think you will understand that many people who originaly had shown interest have had to say no for probably the same reasons many are using in thundercat.de , that it is not a proplem with wanting to make the trip, but rather not being able to because of family holidays, or no time off from work, job loss, usw. As was writen in thundercat de . . . Wie michel sagt ist das problem nicht wollen sondern können.

Unfortunately you missed where I said that sadly due to health issues I will not be able to come on the Harz Trip :( .

With the Osnabruck ride, I think Qw8 is time limited, though I shall not answer for others. You can all chat about that on the trip. Or by PM, (PN).

You may have misunderstood what Radar wrote ~ his meaning is that he knows the trip will be a very good one and that he is looking forward to hearing our fun stories and photo's of the trip. But wie gesagt "ist nicht wollen sondern koennen" He thought long and hard, but, it's not wanting to do the trip that's the problem, but rather he can't.

Having re-read the link to the holiday camp again, you are right bedding and towels is a once only payment of €5 and €3 = €8 per person for the 3 days and not €8 per person per day. But as you say lets let Uli confirm that.

Thanks for the complement on the translation skills. green smile
Your English is readable and understandable and I suspect far better than most of us could do in German on thundercat.de Embarassed Laughing

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 14:35

Well despite the dwindling numbers Gary and I are really looking forward to it (is it any wonder ? between the two of us we are escaping from our 5 young children lol) and look forward to meeting our German Cat friends - not to mention meeting Q8 and Weasley .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 14:37

So , how many of our German friends will be attending ? Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Feb 17 2011, 14:52

espaceman3 wrote:So , how many of our German friends will be attending ? Very Happy
Teilnehmerliste Treffen 2011, Stand 14.02.11:

Appel, Alexander, 1
Erdnuss, Bertram, 1
Deggi, Dennis, 1
devilstar, Nico, 1
Komac, Gunar, 1
Mario, Mario, 1
Merican, Torsten, 1
Metalhead666, Johannes , 1
Michel, Michel , 1
Ralph, Ralph , 1
Sascha, Sascha , 1
Schweinebacke, Thomas , 1
Smartcat, Martin , 1
STIversusEvo, Peter , 1
Tosa, Christian , 1
Willi der Holzwurm , Michael , 1
Blackgixxer, Matthias + Marie, 2
Dachsi, Sandra , 2
Molchgrotte, Uli + Tine , 2
Olli, Olli + Stefan, 2
Tom+Matzi, Martina , 2
Wegi, Andre + Heike , 2
Bigfoot, Stephan + x, 2
Thunderrider, Mark + Silke, 4

+ 5 friends from the UK

==> 39 Anmeldungen

There you go . . . the thundercat.de list (4 UK riders now as I've had to drop out)
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 15:08

Hold on ... just picking myself up off the floor !! BLIMEY !!! clink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 15:09

That's a huge round at the Bar pmsl clink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Feb 17 2011, 15:40

espaceman3 wrote:That's a huge round at the Bar pmsl clink
Ay , so it is . . . . so don't stuff up or you'll be crated Shocked
Though shocking that may seem, . . . . a crate of 20 half litre bottles of 4.8avb beer can be as low as around €7 (£5.50ish) Shocked or for the expensive stuff €22 (£17ish)

Queue the gospel choir . . . sing . . . Oh happy days . . . Oh happy days paraangel :drunken: clink

PS: My advice ~ avoid Bock Bier 7.8% avb and-or Doppelbock Bier 9.8 to 13% avb . good for 1 bottle , then it slips down like oil . . . . right up till yer legs stop functioning and you sink like the Titanic :drunken: salute
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 16:28

ermm , yes I think I'll avoid the really strong stuff , can't really enjoy the biking with a massive hangover , but I will , in your absence perhaps have a beer or two on your behalf clink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next