Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011)

+11
Robcat
Qw8
Radar
westie
Eddie990
erdnuss
0ldcat
andyb
weasley
ellie
Rosco
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 3 Empty Harz Discussion (Germany 2011)

Post  Rosco Wed Jun 02 2010, 13:15

First topic message reminder :

Click on "Spoiler" below to reveal trip info great
Spoiler:
==========================================================================

Woo hoo...I'm first.

I really enjoyed the Eifel trip in 2010. Nice roads, awesome accomodation (said the big spoon), fantastic food and a great bunch of people.

While it is a bit further to get to than last time the additional lure of mountain roads might will no doubt make me sign up very soon.

Dirt Bike Dave and I are Hull to Rotterdam Ferry experts now and will provide advice at the bar!

Anyone else considering it?

Cheers
Rosco

Last edited by 0ldcat on Tue Jan 18 2011, 15:28; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added info to 1st post)
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 3 Empty Re: Harz Discussion (Germany 2011)

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 16:28

ermm , yes I think I'll avoid the really strong stuff , can't really enjoy the biking with a massive hangover , but I will , in your absence perhaps have a beer or two on your behalf clink

Back to top Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 3 Empty Re: Harz Discussion (Germany 2011)

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 16:50

Just had a quick look at Eurotunnel , Leaving UK on the 2nd at the crack of Dawn and coming back on the 5th , £54 . I haven't really shopped around for ferry crossings , but I think they would be the same but you do waste a lot of precious time on a ferry...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachsi Thu Feb 17 2011, 20:00

@oldcat: Sorry i don`t understand everything, but i understand, that i understand something wrong... sorry Embarassed

We don`t look for eurotunnel... but now i see the price is not so differnt at the time we came to you (or i look wrong?). With ferry we need 15 hours, but we can sleep there and come cheerful to newcastle.

Laughing And i think we don`t must pay the oil and take care of the tyres Laughing

We stay from there from 20.07 to 30.07...long time to drive around and see most of the sights and make many kilometers (englisch miles)
Dachsi
Dachsi
2Bronze
2Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 20:11

Dachsi wrote:We don`t look for eurotunnel... but now i see the price is not so differnt at the time we came to you (or i look wrong?). With ferry we need 15 hours, but we can sleep there and come cheerful to newcastle.

No I was looking at prices from Dover to Calais return for my trip to Harz. I live in the South so no problem to go to Dover.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Feb 17 2011, 20:13

Dachsi wrote:@oldcat: Sorry i don`t understand everything, but i understand, that i understand something wrong... sorry Embarassed
ist schoen, keine angst ist nicht schlim.

es war nur ein misverstandnes mit den sinn und nich was er geschrieben hat.

Sie haben auch PN's (oben den goldner knopf) neue nachtrichten zu aufmachen . . . . oooh sorry that was poor german Embarassed
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachsi Thu Feb 17 2011, 20:18

i think time to say something fundamental:

Sorry if i understand something wrong, but i don`t want to attack someone here!!! Sorry if someone feels so... Embarassed

"tut mir leid!"

Now i read more with translation book [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dachsi
Dachsi
2Bronze
2Bronze

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 20:26

Dachsi wrote:i think time to say something fundamental:
Sorry if i understand something wrong, but i don`t want to attack someone here!!! Sorry if someone feels so... Embarassed
"tut mir leid!"
Now i read more with translation book [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's ok , don't worry Very Happy You are doing really well .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Feb 17 2011, 20:27

Du hast keine beleidicht oder ein angrif gemacht. Du hast kein grund zu enschuldigen great clink ❤ ❤
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 20:28

I wouldn't be able to go on the German Cat site and write anything wall
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dachsi Thu Feb 17 2011, 20:48

espaceman3 wrote:I wouldn't be able to go on the German Cat site and write anything [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i´m laughting ... so funny, but i know what you mean Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dachsi
Dachsi
2Bronze
2Bronze

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 17 2011, 21:03

Dachsi wrote:
espaceman3 wrote:I wouldn't be able to go on the German Cat site and write anything [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i´m laughting ... so funny, but i know what you mean Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very funny , but very true ! Embarassed
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  erdnuss Mon Feb 21 2011, 20:26

espaceman3 wrote:
Dachsi wrote:

Very funny , but very true ! Embarassed

Feel free to come to the german site and write in english! Don't worry, thats ok Cool

I won't read the whole thread, but just a few words! I'm really happy that you again try to visit us! I'm looking forward to meet you again this year!
Oh, and don't be afraid, as far as I know, this year there are no double-beds ;-)
erdnuss
erdnuss
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 28 2011, 12:00

Ok , I have booked Eurotunnel 2-5 June £43 , it's the cheapest I could find , the plan is that Ditchking and I are catching the 550 train on the 2nd of June ,and doing the Journey to Harz in one go. If any one else once to join us they are more than welcome .Paul I know you are doing the journey in two stages , but if you change your mind let me know .Q8 if you fancy coming with us , drop us a line.
Cheers
John.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed Mar 16 2011, 07:56

I have now booked my crossing. I'm on the 12:20 train on the 1st and will push on to Venlo, then stop for the night. I'll continue on the 2nd, so might be able to join you for the 2nd leg as you come through. I'm on the 20:20 return train on the 5th - not sure if I'll go all the way home or stop UK-side for a nap.

Also just changed my insurance to Carole Nash so have European breakdown cover too! It's all coming together...!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16 2011, 10:42

Great stuff Paul , we might be able to meet up in Venlo depending on our timing. We've booked the 1942 return train on the 5th so at least our return journey is more in sync.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 3 Empty House sale issues forces me to withdraw from trip

Post  Qw8 Thu May 05 2011, 08:52

Hi All
With great regret I have to say that an issue with selling my house (part of the up-coming divorce) forces me to withdraw from the trip.
Any deposits already paid out for my accommodation please let me know and i can send a cheque.
This is a real blow, I so wanted to go back to Germany; next time hopefully.
Sorry to let the group down, enjoy teh beer and bratties guys!
Qw8
Qw8
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 38
Hobbies : IT stuff
Humour : When you spell it right I'll tell you...
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 06 2011, 01:13

That's a shame , maybe next year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri May 06 2011, 11:47

That's a bummer QW8.

Hope the other stuff goes as smoothly as possible and you manage along to another one in the future.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Harz Discussion (Germany 2011) - Page 3 Empty Friday 3rd Lunch Stop & Menu

Post  0ldcat Sat May 07 2011, 16:46

Here is your lunch stop on the friday ride out . . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The following are the two menu's . . .

1. General Group Menu
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. Restaurant menu . . . you can choose if you would like to have something from this menu added to the group menu for the day of the ride.

Of course they are (surprise surprise) in German. See if you can get on with translating them . . . If not give me a shout and I'll give you some help . . . The group menu is easy, the restaurant menu however is a bit more complicated, only for it's shear size and choice range.

The plan for Saturday is to stop at what they call an "imbiss" . . . sort of a chippy (no fish tho) . . . all manner of Bratwurst (fried jumbo ~ and i mean jumbo) saussages, schnitzel (pork escallops) chicken etc with chips and your choice of sauce.
In the evening I believe a group BBQ is planned.

Sadly as you know I'll not be with you on this trip to translate. Fear not , Weasley speaka da lingo to a decent level and many of the hosts speak very good english. Amazingly better the more beer they've had Laughing

Regards
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 07 2011, 18:38

looks great , do you happen to know how long the ride out on the friday and Saturday is ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat May 07 2011, 18:57

do you happen to know how long the ride out on the friday and Saturday is ?
No mate.

But judging by last year they are not as spirited as we are . . . . If memory serves last year in the Eifel, day1 (Fri) was 175 miles or so and they were miffed with the leader for it being so far . . . . day2 was seriously seasonally adjusted down to aroundabout 100 miles(ish).

That's not to say the pace is not at points "spirited" Twisted Evil
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 07 2011, 18:59

I suppose that's not too bad considering I will have done 635 miles the day before , getting there lol !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat May 07 2011, 19:02

We did that last year and some . . . . . . stop whinging green smile
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 07 2011, 19:13

I'm not whinging lol , I love it !! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sat May 07 2011, 19:48

Tel may have over-stated my ability in German - but it does improve with increased alcohol! I can usually 'get by', and will make sure have a German dictionary with me!

I plan to mosy on over to the German Thundercat site to get a bit more (re)acquainted and see what the craic is. And I really need to get my bike running properly!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Thu May 12 2011, 22:25

One of the members on the German site has offered to meet me on the way, in a layby off of the autobahn. No timing etc yet, but the location is here...

Point A is my start in the morning, Point B is the proposed meeting point, Point C is the destination.

I guess you'll be going the same way, so maybe somewhere we can all stop?
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next